+20

For every 1000 incidences of sexual abuse or rape: 310 are reported to police; 57 lead to arrest; 11 result in charges; 7 result in convictions and zero (0) result in the women gaining riches, popularity, or power. Why then, in our society are so many people convinced that women often file false reports of rape? As if there was some benefit for reporting rape and abuse? Let’s give women the benefit of the doubt – at least until there can be a fair trial.

Image for post For every 1000 incidences of sexual abuse or rape: 310 are reported to police; 57 lead to arrest; 11 result in charges; 7 result in convictions and **zero** (0) result in the women gaining riches, popularity, or power.  Why then, in our society are so many people convinced that women often file false reports of rape? As if there was some benefit for reporting rape and abuse?  Let’s give women the benefit of the doubt – at least until there can be a fair trial.
VicZincs avatar People & Celebrities
10 59
@2759220

I agree. And the (somewhat) prevalent idea that every accusation should be taking with a grain of salt is also untenable.

Why? Because so many people still believe that some women ask for it in some way.
And because maybe, a very, very few have falsely accused.
And just maybe because the system is predominately run by men.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +5Reply
@Carla Why? Because so many people still believe that some women ask for it in some way. And because maybe, a very, very...

No one clinically sane believes that women ask to be sexually violated against their will.

It doesn't matter how few of the false accusations exist, it's like a fatal disease - being rare doesn't comfort you when you know that you will die. Imagine your father, husband or son is falsely accused.

And this kind of victim mentality, saying that "the system" is created against women what? What good reason would anyone have to mistreat women on the sole reason that they're women?

@Sunny_the_skeptic No one clinically sane believes that women ask to be sexually violated against their will. It doesn't matter how...

No one sane? There must be a gazillion insane people then. Look what she was wearing. She invited him for a drink. She was drunk., etc.
Ask the the male students that gang bang intoxicated women students in universities. Do you think they mistreat them because they are....what?
Ask all the women who are or have been sexually abused and or harrassed in their places of employment or in their homes. Ask the religious zealots that believe women are subservient to men.
They are being mistreated solely because they are women.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +5Reply
@Carla No one sane? There must be a gazillion insane people then. Look what she was wearing. She invited him for a drink...

People are arseholes and there is no excuse for that, those don't sound like good reasons. What was she wearing? Who gives a crap?
I'm a male student in university and I know about this " tactic " to get girls drunk so they are easier to sleep with and I think it's disgusting, it says a lot about them, that they have to get a girl drunk to have a chance to sleep with her. There should be and there are strict rules in the work place for unwanted sexual advances, as for those religious zealots who do think that way - I dont count them as members of the modern civilized world but backward savages with a dusty old laws.

@Sunny_the_skeptic I thought rape was about control?

I would not know. Never tried it personally.
In your experience do rapist not get off on it?

@Sunny_the_skeptic My experience? Are you implying what I think you're implying?

I am sorry Sunny. that was a low jab and no, I don't assume you have personal experience. I do wonder if you think that a rapist gets less out of the experience than the victim? It seems to me that there would be little sexual abuse if the perpetrators did not enjoy it.

@VicZinc I am sorry Sunny. that was a low jab and no, I don't assume you have personal experience. I do wonder if you...

That's alright. I'm not sure what does a rapist get out of it, if it's pleasure or something more but whoever would do something like this is a person with no remorse or sympathy, likely also a psychopath.

carla - you are right until women are in places of power the male dominated systems will keep thinking oh well it is our right we are men. I do wish everyone was brought up to be human not men or woman. The same would apply to each in that case.

A very good topic.
Because Vic, it happens.Women are raped but also it happens to be falsely accused of rape. Even if rape cases are more frequent than false rape accusations it's just not fair to dismiss the innocent just because they're not enough to be cared for.

In Israel women are not doubted when they accuse and they have the power to ruin men's lives forever, so they take full advantage of that to bend men to their will or to make them suffer the consequences.
This is a big issue, it's neither fair to fully believe every claim, nor is it fair to dismiss it.

Here's a video of an Ukrainian girl who lives in Israel, see what happens when women are never questioned. 14:33 is one of the highlights

@Sunny_the_skeptic A very good topic. Because Vic, it happens.Women are raped but also it happens to be falsely accused of rape. Even...

I don't really think much of women against feminism other than
They eventually become this.

seriously most of them turn out to just be wanting to get sex from men by getting on their good side

@TomboyJanet I don't really think much of women against feminism other...

That's a very biased view, can't it just be that they honestly see the flaws of modern feminism and don't want the world to become one big vagina cult? I mean it's not just 2-3 women who think this way but a lot, and not some dumb bimbos either but wise and intelligent women with good arguments.

@2759221

What exactly, a lot was said so far.

@2759225

This is why I disagreed with the whole statement. Men, women we're all bad this is why no one's word should be taken for pure truth.

@Sunny_the_skeptic This is why I disagreed with the whole statement. Men, women we're all bad this is why no one's word should be...

Didn't say pure truth. I said 'benefit of the doubt until there is a fair trial.'

By disagreeing you seem to be saying that we should doubt women's claims before the trial.

@VicZinc Not at all. Just not sure why you disagree.

It's just that by your post it seems like you advice rape all accusations to be taken as true because you think no woman ever would have no reason to lie.

@Sunny_the_skeptic It's just that by your post it seems like you advice rape all accusations to be taken as true because you think no...

Sorry I was not more clear. I meant

"Let’s give women the benefit of the doubt – at least until there can be a fair trial."

Not, let's assume they are true and the man is guilty.

@VicZinc Sorry I was not more clear. I meant "//Let’s give women the benefit of the doubt – at least until there can...

Well hasn't this already been done? Rape is a serious crime and an accusation of such is not taken lightly. I wish there was a certain way to prove that rape has or has not happened so we can end heated debates like this.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Well hasn't this already been done? Rape is a serious crime and an accusation of such is not taken lightly. I wish...

That would be nice. But given the stats above I would say no. Rape is not taken seriously by most people. Most people blame the victim, still.

I've always given sexually abused victims the benefit over any doubt - male or female, young or old.

Because men hate seeing men brought down by women even if they deserve it. They hate it so much that they will spend all day attacking any comment I make on a video of a female mma fighter winning against a male that says "go girl" with a 700 word diatribe manifesto about how men are stronger and can't lose to women unless they let them win then call me a bitch 27 times. That's the world we have to face as women unfortunately. With garbage out there like Mgtow it's always been an uphill battle even when we gain some ground men act like we're trying to enslave them just by demanding they leave us alone.

@TomboyJanet Because men hate seeing men brought down by women even if they deserve it. They hate it so much that they will...

That's not true, it's not true that men hate seeing other men brought down by women when they deserve it. Or is it I'm not a man? I absolutely love a woman who can stand up for herself, and feel no shame to say that a woman like Ronda Rousey is capable to kick the living shit out of me not only because she is more physically fit but also because she's a trained fighter. And those migtows or whatever are a direct result of modern feminism, I don't like them either they are weaklings who have sworn off of women because they believe that women are evil, they're the same thing as 3rd wave feminism but in reverse.

Well actually, men enjoy seeing lowlife rapists brought down.

What men do hate though, it seeing innocent victims of false accusations brought down without any proof... and then still being treated like he's guilty even if he was proven innocent.

I think you're projecting. You seem like the type of person who would make excuses for women who cheated, made false accusations, or even committed murder.

Vic - I am sure some women use it as a way to make money, that is very sad because it makes the real victims work harder to get justice.I myself would probably take care of it myself. Everyone needs to cross the road sometime.

@VicZinc Maybe. But I suspect not enough to justify the culture that says most women who are raped asked for it.

vic - thank you for realizing that. No woman asks to be raped. Or forced to do anything she isn't happy to do. But the rapist types do not care. Many men just grew up feeling the world was theirs to do whatever they want. I hope that will end as women become stronger strong enough to destroy the real bsd ones. It is happening a bit right now with the me2 movement.

@PhilboydStudge

Thanks. You should tweet that

Who says our society many people are convinced that women often file false reports of rape? I think you have presented a false premise.[shock]

I see a few here convinced that men hate women or that women hate men. I wouldn't say the problem is non existent, but I think the severity of the problem is vastly over stated.

@Budwick Who says our society many people are convinced that women often file false reports of rape? I think you have...

Vic did not bring up false accusations...i did.
The severity of rape is overstated? Over a quarter of a million reported rapes a year. 700 a day.

@Carla Vic did not bring up false accusations...i did. The severity of rape is overstated? Over a quarter of a million...

Actually, I was responding to Vic's headline, or part of it that reads - "Why then, in our society are so many people convinced that women often file false reports of rape? "

Go pick a fight with someone else.

@VicZinc https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11...ims-lying.html I know, it is just an...

Unfortunately the New York Times credibility [as does yours] comes into question.

I wonder - with all the data they have, why haven't they done the math and reported more accurately that, "most people in our society are not convinced that women often file false reports of rape"

Maybe, like you - it didn't fit their agenda?

But then again, there's viral stories of men who have had to spend years behind bars, and a woman rescinds her accusation of rape. I don't understand why someone would lie about such things. The dark part of my mind kinda wishes that the liars would get raped.

@2791375

2 examples in 30 years is hardly "often".

For once you got one right, Vic. Keep up the good work. y smilie