Who's cooler? Tomboys or TOMBOYS!! or girly girls (Boo)

This is just me being silly cuz I wanna take my mind off of the double whammy of bad things that happened today so lets have fun shall we? where are all my friends at? I need a hug!

Image for post Who's cooler? Tomboys or TOMBOYS!! or girly girls (Boo)
11% Tomboys 23% TOMBOYS!! 60% lame girly girls!! (boooo!!) 6% Other
TomboyJanets avatar Jokes & Humour
3 21

girly girls and tomboys both deserve full respect. someone is not "less than" for being traditionally feminine or effeminate. one of the reasons im a feminist is because im pro all types of women, regardless of their personal style/hobby/whatever choices. i find that usually when i meet someone who is outspoken about being a tomboy, they usually have a lot of buried misogyny and dislike for other women, which comes from being raised in a patriarchal society where women are "emotional" and "dramatic". theyve been taught that "girls are too much drama" and that its cooler to be "one of the guys" but like... theres nothing wrong with women or being one, in whatever shape or form that means for each individual woman. and men and being "one of the guys" isn't inherently cooler. we've just been taught that it is. (also ive met just as many dramatic dudes as women.... its a human thing to have emotions, not a woman thing.)

(obvs when i say "all types of women" im not talking about rapists or child abusers or other pieces of garbage.)

@astral_queen girly girls and tomboys both deserve full respect. someone is not "less than" for being traditionally feminine or...

True but for me I am a tomboy, just because Idk I get excited by actiony things and competing and making cool things. I never understood makeup or shoe obsessions unless it was skate shoes or goth makeup. I do have some girly things about me though, I like disney, and I love disneyland etc, and I love Cinderella. And Its not all because I have a thing for her (though much of it is). I grew up in NY which is a very roll with the punches kinda territory. If I get knocked down I don't cry I get back up. I think rather than misogyny I just hate when girls waste their potential to become bimbos and shit. I mean why devote your entire life to just being appealing to men? It's sad... But other than that I got no real issues with girly girls. To each their own. But I love to knock on them in a sorta "playful and affectionate" way. It's just kinda my thing.

TomboyJanets avatar TomboyJanet TOMBOYS!! +2Reply

Hey guys today has been rough for me. It'd be nice to talk to my friends on here again. It's been a while.

TomboyJanets avatar TomboyJanet TOMBOYS!! +1Reply

I was a tomboy growing up, I loved and played all the sports, but I guess I outgrew all of that....so now I guess I'm a girly girl. lol

@TomboyJanet how can you outgrow it!!??? come one get dirty with me -splashes some mud at you-

I outgrew it when I had kids, I got tired of cleaning up their "mud" messes. lol

I personally have little girly in me. But i love, love, love real ladies.

Tombois

I really prefer more feminine looking girls.

@Sunny_the_skeptic I really prefer more feminine looking girls.

I respect that...but sometimes they can be kinda boring. Everyone has long hair its a cliche

Looks like Tomboys WIN!!!

Anonymous