TomboyJanets avatar Religion
6 52

Women come into their sexual peak at 36. Just thought i would tell you that.
Who cares what anyone thinks? What is relevant to you is all that matters. Blaze your own trail, if no one follows, well...a good burn sprouts new growth.

My thirties were very good.

@2760306

rooster was that area Vietnamwhat smilie

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundreds avatar LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred You shouldn't have to become a responsible... +1Reply
@2761757

Interesting part of the world eh?

The behaviors and attitudes that make you cool as a youth don't necessarily make you cool as an adult, even in the eyes of youths. The trappings of cool that you know fall out of date or simply don't look good on you anymore. A 20 year old who's all punk is a lot cooler than 40 year old who's all punk, but you could say that about any fashion. Cool takes on a different form when you get older.

Look at Jordan Peterson, he's practically a rock star in terms of his popularity with youth, but he couldn't be less rock and roll. His cool doesn't come from his looks or his style, he has something valuable to say - it's worth listening to him because he'll make you smarter. That's cool, and it's the kind of cool a kid can't bring to the table.

@Maze The behaviors and attitudes that make you cool as a youth don't necessarily make you cool as an adult, even in the...

The thing is I just don't want to act like someone I'm not. I'm not a pencil pusher. I'm not some fancy shmancy bimbo who's gotta go get her nails done and blah blah blah. By making cutbacks in my life that most people wouldn't, like not caring about getting a big house or brand new thing, my phone is ancient, I still use an ipod, My car is from 99, my TV is old,etc I'm able to have enough money to do most things that I want to do, travelling, making webcomics, etc. That allows me some time to think about what job I want. Any job with a fancy dress code is in the toilet for me because Along with fancy dress codes comes fake people. I can't stand fake people. People who put on a public image and gotta dress up in what some asshat thought was good fashion too long ago to matter yet we all still adhere to it anyway because we're unimaginative cunts. If It was up to me you'd be able to dress how you want ANYTHING you want. Even walk around in a space suit who gives a fuck? So much time and energy is wasted on judging others by clothes and crafting this artificial concept of "appropriate attire". Why do we follow these unwritten rules? Fuck do I know! Humans are insane and repeat themselves rather than trying something new. The only reason for instance that people find suits as appropriate attire for work is because everyone else finds them appropriate for the same reason. If we all just dropped that silly gimmick I think we'd get a lot further. Ties look stupid anyway. They're basically a leash.

There are many people that live long happy lives without ditching their true selves. My true self is rebellious. Can't help it. I find it awesome to wear leather and studs and ripped jeans. I think punk rockers are 11,000 times cooler than bankers (and way more trustworthy) and I think that If society can't conform to my image, I'll just hack my way through it with any tools at my disposal. I'm a piece of the puzzle that doesn't fit so I'm gonna just cut all the pieces around me until I do fit Rather than cutting pieces off of me to fit in.

In short: Traditional maturity can bite me.

TomboyJanets avatar TomboyJanet Society is crap just be you and burn your own... +1Reply
@TomboyJanet The thing is I just don't want to act like someone I'm not. I'm not a pencil pusher. I'm not some fancy shmancy...

Reality is the way it is whether you like it or not. You can say "I don't accept this reality so I'm going to create my own" but you'd be lying to yourself, you control your actions but you don't control reality. All that happens is you create a mental construct of reality that's false... you become delusional. Not to say that has no value at all under any circumstances, successful people have used a mild form of delusion to break through their preconceived limitations for a long time. But just declaring that something is cool doesn't make it so. There is an endless list of companies that thought they had created something cool that nobody wanted to buy.

But, you know, everyone has their own style and I can't tell you what's right for you. Just be the best version of yourself you can be and you'll do well.

I have my own repair shop and I do pretty much what I please, within the confines of serving my customers of course. I wear what I want, I have my hair how I want, eat what I want when I want, use the bathroom when I want, I can come and go as I please. And these are things I definitely value, so I completely understand where you're coming from.

@Maze Reality is the way it is whether you like it or not. You can say "I don't accept this reality so I'm going to...

That makes sense. I just wanna make sure I don't get bogged down and have to get stuck somewhere where everyone is always telling me what to do. I'm not like that. I want to create not to be someone else's means for an end. Doing menial tasks so rich pricks can stay rich pricks is not my career of choice. I have stories I want to tell. I want to live somewhere warm and bright. I see people like Walt Disney and what they put into the world and I know I can't be that big but I jujst want a small taste of that. I need to get out of this town and move on but im stuck in a loop.

Life happens..and waits for no one.

@DandyDon Life happens..and waits for no one.

Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans

TomboyJanets avatar TomboyJanet Society is crap just be you and burn your own... 0Reply

It's funny the more we move into the future the more I like the things I do. It's like I bring my world with me into the new decade. I take my faves from every decade and add them to my world. Maybe it's not so bad after all. If people are gonna hate fuck em. They don't know how much fun I had in the 00's. Their weak crap can never compare to good old Punk rock and VHS. You expect me to be jealous of some auto tune garbage? hah!! Your generation is weak!!

TomboyJanets avatar TomboyJanet Society is crap just be you and burn your own... +4Reply
@2761731

*They're

@2762318

You're comment was anything but civil. how many exclamation points do you need after lol?

Instead of blaming all the world's problems on liberals, maybe you should look to yourself and how you shut others out without getting to know them. You look at their political views and surmise everything you want to know about them from that without any regard to the fact that there is a person there with depth and history of their own. There are so many conservatives that I disagree with hardcore but I like as a person. The guy I buy model trains from is a big Trump fan, we don't talk politics, but we do talk trains. We also both believe helping others comes first. That's why he lowers prices when people can't come up with the exact amount. That's why he works on the honor system with his customers. That's why if I ever caught anyone stealing from him I'd string em up and demand they put it back and apologize. Nobody is just one thing, Gronk. Unless there is something wrong with your brain, or you're a self serving scumbag bottom feeder who's only goal is to outdo everyone else, we all just want to make the world better, we just disagree on how to do so. I've learned many things. From my road trip cross country, to my time spent in a mental hospital after attempted suicide due to the rape, to the people I talk to as a cashier, to the people I talk to as coworkers, and the homeless people I randomly talked to when I was drunk, and the protesters I've joined, and the small business owners who know me well. It's true what they say....Knowledge without mileage=bullshit. you can read up and talk up, and look up all you want. The real things in life are learned when you listen.

I want to listen to you Gronk. What makes you hate me so much?

30 is an awesome age, you will have fun!

OzSurfers avatar OzSurfer Society is crap just be you and burn your own... +3Reply

Sorry Janet but becoming an adult is unavoidable unless you have endless money and someone to take care of you. Everyone becomes an adult that has to be somewhat responsible and take care not only of themselves but others too. There is no point fighting it, it's inevitable as death and you can't run from it forever. I'm just being honest.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Sorry Janet but becoming an adult is unavoidable unless you have endless money and someone to take care of you...

I'd really rather be dead than work in a cubical and be forced to wear some secretary gettup all the time. If a job has a dress code, It's not in my radar. Only assholes care about dress codes. I still graffiti shit and blast punk. If I can't be a rebel I'm not Janet. I'd rather be dead.

@TomboyJanet I'd really rather be dead than work in a cubical and be forced to wear some secretary gettup all the time. If a job...

Ok... I'm sure a cubicle job isn't your only option, being an adult isn't always this typical tie-wearing depressed person in a cardboard box, you're the master of your destiny.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Ok... I'm sure a cubicle job isn't your only option, being an adult isn't always this typical tie-wearing depressed...

I can only hope. I think part what gets to me is that more older people are talking to me as a peer instead of a child, and it makes me feel like I gotta be one of them now. Like some kinda freaky cult. Also I still don't think it's appropriate for guys in their 60s to flirt with me.

Janet being a rebel uses a lot of energy, maybe you want to be just a little less energetic? When it gets too hard that is when you can start cutting down - relax a bit. Good luck, don't get caught doing graffiti - since you are older and can't run away as fastallthethings smilie

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundreds avatar LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred You shouldn't have to become a responsible... 0Reply

Me and Hayley Williams will grow old together. haha. Now excuse me while I go ride my still cool mere 200 foot coaster rattle trap, and crank out the OLE ipod while I drive an Ancient 2000 Altima

TomboyJanets avatar TomboyJanet Society is crap just be you and burn your own... +2Reply
@2761674

True. At least if I do old man things they make me more tomboyish. See fishing for a guy, old man stuff, fishing for a girl...I become that girl every guy wants to be friends with lol.

In all seriousness though I have noticed I do some things more now. I take more baths. I pad my seats more, I take time to look at sunsets and thunderstorms, I visit a lot of heritage steam trains, I drive out to the country just to stare at open fields instead of crowded downtowns. I have had an ever increasing urge to travel more and more. I feel like I'm gaining energy though rather than losing it. There's more momentum than before.

Perhaps this is just my begining

@TomboyJanet True. At least if I do old man things they make me more tomboyish. See fishing for a guy, old man stuff, fishing...

A fellow steam enthusiast, I would not have guessed. I've been interested in steam ever since my dad got me an old Mamod when I was a kid. I'd love to mess around with full scale steam, but all I have at the moment is a little Wilesco tractor that I modified to run on alcohol. You're lucky to live in a place where there are steam trains.

@AliceD Do you make your own alcohol?

I don't think it's legal to do that where I live.

@Maze I don't think it's legal to do that where I live.

Well, I suppose that is a fair enough answer. Lucky that over here it is one of the few places on the globe that we are able to distill for personal use :)

@Maze A fellow steam enthusiast, I would not have guessed. I've been interested in steam ever since my dad got me an old...

That is so cool! I'd love to have my own steam contraptions some day. I do have extensive model trains though. I have like 50 or so engines in my collection both steam and diesel. I love going to Strasburg PA or Steamtown, or Connecticut valley and riding in the old cars right behind the locomotive. I love in strasburg where you can stand out on the balcony of the car right in front of the engine which is pulling the train facing reverse. You can hear the full whistle blast so loud it shakes everything!

I'm friends with a tomboy who is a train engineer and she took me up to the cab and showed me the firebox and all! It was so amazing. Though of course I didn't get a chance to toot the whistle. One day :P

@2761728

Well If you know anything about me It's that I don't want kids. I don't want to worry about kids. That's really what it comes down to. I don't care about carrying on the family line or any of that because A: I have lots of siblings including a twin sister, and B: I'll be dead so who cares!

A lot of the problem is that, It went by so fast. I didn't have much time to do what I wanted to do. So why does it have to end? What sacrifices would I really have to make? Not much. It's not like I hang out with teens all the time...I see them at work mostly. But eghhhh traditional family life is just sooo boring! All I can see is people get older and then start sitting around the TV all the time watching mind numbing garbage. That's what my mom does anyway. She never moves from that TV set. Being on a roller derby team really helps. That's where everyone is cool. That's really my world. They dress how they want, they act how they want and they show nothing but support for eachother. Then there's people like one of the managers at work, who are the exact opposite. Pedantic, dull, obsessed with miniscule rules no one really cares about that don't effect anything. If that was all there was to come, I'd have killed myself already.

The Next person that tells me to grow up I'm just gonna spray with a water bottle and say get away from me freak

@2762321

I did not have a dysfunctional home. My family has always been close. So much so that when my Dad passed in 2015 it was one of the worst days of my life. Every day I miss him. I see him in my dreams still. He speaks to me.

I think people only see it as creepy, because they are conditioned to think that way. In reality, we should be allowed to be whoever the fuck we want. If we can find a way to customize our own bodies some day all the better. We are a species capable of so many wondrous things, but we need a better mindset. We need to stop getting hung up on stupid shit like how people dress or who they kiss. There was a time when people invented things to move humanity forward, instead of inventing cheap crap that does nothing just to make a buck. WE need some of that spirit back. We need to focus on making the world a good place for everyone to live in, not just a select few. It can be done. but not if we keep acting the way we are. I need to make changes too. We all do. If we keep pointing the finger and saying oh look at him over there look at her look at them aren't they abominations blah blah blah.... We're just wasting time. The weirdo in the corner with the stupid looking outfit and bad haircut may just have an idea that could change the world forever. If we don't listen to that person we just lost that. Is that really the kind of world you want to live in? I sure don't. I know the world can be better than that. But some people will just always need something to hate....and they are the ones who need the most help of all.

@2762988

I can see this is a lost cause. You don't actually want to listen you just want to repeat your opinion over and over again. Everything you said has nothing to do with my post. I'm not talking about abortion or some stupid ass gang of fuckheads. . I don't know how you were raised but you seem to only want to put conflict and misery into the world. That's a shame. Maybe my feelings get hurt sometimes but at least I actually HAVE feelings. Yours seemed to have waved bye bye long ago. I posted a calm and optimistic post about how people should work to better the world, and you responded by going off topic and insulting me. We aren't getting anywhere. This is exactly what my post was talking about. If we keep getting hung up on little things and blaming eachother we're never going to advance as a species. It's always about you isn't it.

If you continue to stalk me btw I'm going to have to take extreme measures

@2763614

ummm right. I mean hitting the disagree button 29 times. That's a little obsessive don't you think?

@2764621

Well since I started counting Anon Disagrees as agrees and proclaimed ignorance of my rule doesn't make it less valid (they shoulda read my post, I will assume they did and are willingly agreeing) It actually won't bother me at all. I solved the issue already, but I'd still like to know who's behind it cuz I want to just make sure it's not one of the boys who raped me. If it is I'll have to get the police involved and probably have another confrontation. If it is and I can finally learn their info where they live etc Justice can finally be served. I was hoping it was you though So I wouldn't have to bother but If It is who I think it is, things may get really ugly really fast, and I'm sorry but it may involve the usage of violence. I wont mention the name here but If I do find out its him I want to figure out how to Dox him and ruin his life like he tried to ruin mine.

@2761732

Rock N roll will never die.

I want to say you shouldn't have to worry what anyone else of any age thinks about you. Do what you like no matter what age group predominates that activity.

Were you called "Ma'am" for the first time?

Is it still becoming your parents if your generation didn't produce anything as lame as disco and leisure suits?

With fire and blood jk no just be yourself and never stop being you

RobertVonniks avatar RobertVonnik Society is crap just be you and burn your own... 0Reply
Anonymous