+8

Mind=Blown :: Please post some fun facts - (no politics on this one please).

Image for post Mind=Blown ::  Please post some fun facts - (no politics on this one please).
VicZincs avatar
7 52

In Carmel, CA, it is unlawful for a man to go outside wearing a mismatched jacket and pants! (Truly!)

geese have serrated tongues!!! like... with teeth! theyre called "tomia" though cuz birds cant produce enamel

Nonfat dry milk comes from dehydrated cows.

Although the moon is closest to earth, every planet in our solar system fits between the two with room to spare.

Most farts occur when a person is asleep. If you hold in your farts during the day, they’ll likely find their way out while you’re snoozing.

@2761327

oh and what do people who study such things say it is?

@2761372

So you've gotta be that_guy, that_guy who pops a simple picture boys dream just because nobody knows... be that_guy that let's an imaginary boyit a seashell dream xp smilie

@Zolfie http://www.everydaykiss.com/wp-conte...

Um... about that spider... does it matter exactly where on the body it bites its victim? think smilie

@Thinkerbell Um... about that spider... does it matter exactly where on the body it bites its victim?

Just a picture I found... but a quick search

Brazilian Wandering Spider - the most deadly in the world.

The species is deadly and its venom can kill a human in just two hours - but can also give male victims a painful four-hour erection.

@Thinkerbell You mean the erection lasts for two hours after the guy dies...?  

All I know is what it said. Though "can" implies it might or it might not as well. Also even if he lives, it's painful...

Though it sounds like they normally don't inject enough venom to kill an adult human.

Here is a link if you want to know more.
https://www.livescience.com/415...g-spiders.html

@Zolfie All I know is what it said. Though "can" implies it might or it might not as well. Also even if he lives, it's...

Maybe the guy could assuage some of the pain by making good use of the erection while it lasts.  biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell Maybe the guy could assuage some of the pain by making good use of the erection while it lasts.  

I think that would make it more painful... as I think the problem is the venom makes TOO MUCH blood flow... so increasing the blood flow even more would raise the likely of pain and killing him...

But hey, if you want you want to try to assuage some of their pain, that's up to you.

Personally, I don't think me or my SO want to be anywhere near ANY spiders... unless, you know... I'm going to get spiderman powers from it xp smilie

@2760897

It was off the top of my head .... but after thinking about it, I believe it's 44. (Final answer) hehe smilie

Also, add these days to your planner:

Take your Houseplant for a walk Day- 27 July

Put tour Pillow kn a Fridge Day- May 29

As long as there are no Kingons blocking the way. (continuation of the sentence with the picture.)

99% of the gas you produce do not smell.
Men and woman fart equally.
Meat causes flatulence since they are high in FODMAPs.
Farts have been clocked at 10 feet/second.

No idea what FODMAPS are and apparently one of these facts is false!No idea which.

The man who blows my mind: Pablo Escobar

The fact that he had so much money that he spent $4000 on rubber bands for cash, money would get spoilt as rats would nibble on it and that he burnt millions to keep his hypothermic daughter warm.

http://www.thefactninja.com/pab...ar-facts?amp=1

This comment was deleted.
@2761330

Sorry. *Daughter

The national animal of Scotland is Unicorn

I do not think he was abducted by Aliens, also it’s more of a story than a fact.. 😐

Jim Sullivan released his debut album, U.F.O., in 1969 and played to devoted crowds at a regular gig in Malibu, Calif., in the early '70s. Despite hanging out with movie stars, fame eluded him. In 1975, he left Los Angeles, and his wife and son, to head to Nashville; he thought he could catch a break there. But Sullivan never made it to Tennessee — somewhere in the New Mexico desert, he disappeared, never to be seen again.

The mysterious nature of his disappearance is amplified by Jim Sullivan's cryptic lyrics — on U.F.O., he talks about long highways, leaving his family behind and being abducted by aliens in the desert.

"He leaves L.A. in March 1975, and he has $120 in his pocket, so he starts driving in his little VW bug, and 15 hours later, he's outside Santa Rosa, N..M," Matt Sullivan says. "He checks into a local motel. Soon after, his car is found is found 26 miles from the motel, and he's never seen or heard from ever again."

Some fun facts are boring.

The chance of you dying on the way to get lottery tickets is actually greater than your chance of winning.