Is it possible for a parent to be jealous of their own child?

Image for post Is it possible for a parent to be jealous of their own child?
People & Celebrities
3 13

Yes, very possible.

Yes, usually it's the Mother/daughter.

In this crazy crazy world anything is possible, some fish eat their own spawn so I wouldn't be surprised.

Yep! When my mother bought See's chocolate butter Easter eggs for my daughter, I was very jealous! hehe smilie

Yes, as I understand it, it's not uncommon either.

Of course it's extremely possible for a parent to be jealous of their own child... I mean who doesn't want to be a carefree kid again? who doesn't want more chances and more opportunities? More years to live, with less responsibilities and less knee, back, body pains.

Also a clear example of a parent to be jealous of their own child is any and all parents that are living through their kids... basically demanding their kids do something...

You often see it with any and all children competitions... from football dads, to dance moms, and any and all child competitions in between. That's parenting living through their kids, wishing that was them out there... and being partly jealous that it's not.

I still remember some parents that were way too much into it... and basically forcing the kids to do it. Sometimes the kids were great at it... but they didn't really love it... or didn't want to be doing it. They just did it to make their parents happy. And hell their are tv shows set-up for this...

I'm sure that happens.

It's the reason some don't have children..