What hobby would you like to do if you had all the time and money in the world?

I think for me it would be blacksmithing! Too costly for me to get into right meow though. How about you?

Image for post What hobby would you like to do if you had all the time and money in the world?
astral_queens avatar Life
8 54
@2761194

that sounds great :) right up your alley

I would like to get a lathe. There is something about a fine burlwood bowl.

@Carla I would like to get a lathe. There is something about a fine burlwood bowl.

o0o0o0ooo... those bowls are so lovely. fun story!!!!!!! one time a looong time ago on amirite mobile i got an advert for "shaved bats".... and i was like who the fuck would catch a bat, let alone shave one??? i even took a screen shot and everything cuz i thought it was the weirdest ad ever.... but alas. a lathe and a whole different sort of bat were involved the whole time. and i was just a wee foolish baby child :')

Probably landscape photography. I love taking pictures of anything and everything.

@Flrdsgns Probably landscape photography. I love taking pictures of anything and everything.

that would be so fun. i would love to do that too. especially if it meant more excuses for travelling. i use my phone and make do that way, but i cant wait to get a reaaaal nice camera someday :)

@astral_queen that would be so fun. i would love to do that too. especially if it meant more excuses for travelling. i use my...

If you have an I-phone, there are a ton of different settings and editing you can do with it. I love using the burst feature on it

@Flrdsgns If you have an I-phone, there are a ton of different settings and editing you can do with it. I love using the...

i dont have one!!! my fingers dont want to sort them out. im stuck with android lol! but i have a few apps that i love that let me do miraculous things to my pics.

@astral_queen i dont have one!!! my fingers dont want to sort them out. im stuck with android lol! but i have a few apps that i...

astral queen I am glad I am not the only one who ban't make them work. I got a phone because my job required it. I couldn't log on, so I asked for a medical allowance. They said yes and now I can keep using my pc at home ..biggrin smilieallthethings smilie

Topiary seems like a fun hobby. I would like that.

@2761207

biiiiiinch.... that would be so fun and exciting

Decorating. I used to do that in my spare time, but it wasn't a hobby. I would just love to start doing that again.

@StarzAbove Decorating. I used to do that in my spare time, but it wasn't a hobby. I would just love to start doing that again.

that is so cool... i feel like you have to have a really special eye for it. i do not have a decorator's eye! i have personal style and know what i like, of course, but like putting that all together??? hell no! i cannot do it!!! do you do like entire houses or offices or what?

@astral_queen that is so cool... i feel like you have to have a really special eye for it. i do not have a decorator's eye! i...

I've done a few houses for a couple of my friends, of course with their approval. I did one office condo for a family member, that was easy, not much decorating in an office. lol

And of course I've done my own home. It's just something I love doing.

@2761389

lmao! that can definitely count as a hobby hehe smilie

With endless resources? I'd revive the movie store industry by bringing Blockbuster back and undertaking a campaign to destroy the streaming services that led them to ruin. Can you outfit my army with weapons and armor?

@KvotheSavien With endless resources? I'd revive the movie store industry by bringing Blockbuster back and undertaking a...

lmao! i love my streaming services!!! i can outfit you with lamps and table bases and REALLY heavy hats instead.... hehe smilie

@astral_queen lmao! i love my streaming services!!! i can outfit you with lamps and table bases and REALLY heavy hats instead...

Meh...I love my streaming services too but I do miss going to Blockbuster, Movie Stop.....all these places where I could just walk around and browse for hours if I had the time.

@KvotheSavien Meh...I love my streaming services too but I do miss going to Blockbuster, Movie Stop.....all these places where I...

honestly, i miss it too. but i also really like being able to browse for hours in my PAJAMAS! it enhances my life~~

@astral_queen honestly, i miss it too. but i also really like being able to browse for hours in my PAJAMAS! it enhances my life~~

You could have gone to Blockbuster in your Pj's......I doubt all that many people would have judged you. Lol, but yes it is quite convenient at home....and really the prices to rent a brand new movie on Amazon aren't really any more expensive than they were at Blockbuster 15 years ago.

•I’d like to paint.
•I actually have a list of books I want to read that is just lying in my drawer.
•I’d like to learn some new language.
•I’d like to buy and try on some make up.

Thanks. Even writing that down was so satisfying.

Well this is more of a job, as you have to be a government official and I would need (or at least want) government permission, but one thing I've always wanted to do was be a security tester. You know, governments have all this security, costing billions and billions of dollars (if not trillions), but does it really work? Is it really effective?

The government has internal investigators to test security, and try to sneak and smuggle illegal items in places where they're not suppose to be, and they have a get out of trouble free card if they do get caught. From the latest TSA test reports... they had a success rate of 5% (yes 5%, which means 95% failure rate). And depending on where you get your numbers from, the government only checks approximately 6% of all cargo containers are physically checked... so their success rate is probably less than 5%. So it might be fun, to be legally allowed to try to figure out how to game the system... especially when you think you're going to have a 95%+ success rate.

Which brings out a whole bunch of other things... are those billions or trillions really worth it? Considering it's basically just a honorary and fear based system.

==================================

For actual hobby

Designer & Development
For Amusement and Theme Parks
Anything that's fun / or has to do with water

@Zolfie What hobby would you like to do if you had all the time and money in the world? Well this is more of a job, as...

oooh... that first bit seems like it could be fascinating and challenging. i can see its appeal! also, i agree... it is totally an honor and fear based system.

and WOW!!!! that is neat as! i love those pictures.

@astral_queen oooh... that first bit seems like it could be fascinating and challenging. i can see its appeal! also, i agree...

Yeah, and the trill of trying to do something you're normally not suppose to, yet you can. Though the paperwork might get annoying, and 95% success rate could in potentially make it too easy, that it becomes boring. But I've enjoyed the thought of the adrenaline rush of trying to get it past them.

And yes, I just love water, and creating amazing sights or rides or activities sounds fun in my mind.

Get to know and help every individual on Earth, and putting an end to abuse of all living beings.

Much more track riding

@TylerMayhemDurden Much more track riding

tyler. track riding was my life when i was a teen. all of us would meet and race around all day long on our dirt bikes. It was fun but i still have scars on my legs from muffler burns and wipe outs.

I would breed show and raise beautiful wire fox terriers. can be profitable and so much fun.