+6

I had this weird dream were the Pilgrims at Plymouth rock could speak perfect Algonquian. They were experts at farming the native plants and trapping the native game. They did not need the help of anyone to survive the first winter. Fortunately they were so skilled and educated that they did not need to enslave millions of humans to build this great nation. Then I woke up.

Image for post I had this weird dream were the Pilgrims at Plymouth rock could speak perfect Algonquian. They were experts at farming the native plants and trapping the native game. They did not need the help of anyone to survive the first winter.  Fortunately they were so skilled and educated that they did not need to enslave millions of humans to build this great nation.  Then I woke up.
VicZincs avatar Entertainment & Hobbies
5 38

Very few have deep roots here.
That is conveniently forgotten when it doesnt suit the agenda.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +4Reply

John Kelly WH chief of staff's great-grandfather, John DeMarco, is listed in census records as a day laborer who still did not speak English 18 years after coming to America. His wife still had a “No” in the “Speaks English” category 37 years after her arrival.John Kelly's WH chief of staff's great-grandfather, John DeMarco, is listed in census records as a day laborer who still did not speak English 18 years after coming to America. His wife still had a “No” in the “Speaks English” category 37 years after her arrival.

Wow! Times have changed, eh? Today's illegal immigrants are expert at nothing! They need everyones help to survive a single day! They typically have little or no education.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree +3Reply

The 1930 census says Tomi's 3x great-grandmother had been here for 41 years and still spoke German. Her 2nd great-grandmother had been here for 10 yrs. Spoke no English. Her great-grandfather's 1895 baptism from MN is recorded in Norwegian.

Life wasn't exactly a dream before the Europeans showed up. Many native tribes kept slaves, usually captured in battle. Some of them would be tortured to death, sometimes they'd cut a foot off to keep them from escaping. If a slave was lucky, he'd be traded back to his tribe or get adopted into the society after some period of servitude. And if he was so fortunate as to be freed, he probably didn't whine to his captors about having been a slave, he'd just enjoy the fact that he wasn't one anymore.

But that's the waking world, it's not utopia, that's just a dream, and every attempt to create a dream utopia so far has resulted in a nightmare. A nightmare is a kind of dream I guess, so perhaps they were technically successful, but it's not what I'd choose.

@Maze Life wasn't exactly a dream before the Europeans showed up. Many native tribes kept slaves, usually captured in...

Yes, and then there was the trail of tears to name one of many massacres.

But the point being that european 'settlers' didn't try to assimilate or even learn the native languages. Most of today's immigrant do try to assimilate, despite what the demagogues say.

No Vic, you haven't awoken yet; you're sleep-posting your usual, true-to-form kind of drivel on Amirite. biggrin smilie

The Pilgrims didn't enslave millions to build this country; the slave trade in Massachusetts amounted to perhaps tens of thousands of slaves in its entirety, not millions, and it certainly wasn't all carried out by Pilgrims.

http://www.milforddailynews.com...in-slave-trade

@Thinkerbell No Vic, you haven't awoken yet; you're sleep-posting your usual, true-to-form kind of drivel on Amirite...

Of course not you silly silly winged flatus.

The pilgrims were not even the first to arrive - they were just a small part of the millions of non English speaking immigrants that came to the Americas and spread around from Tierra del Fuego to Nuiqsut.

Best estimates are about 10 million African slaves arrived in the "new world". Most of course owned not by the indigenous peoples, but by the European immigrant and their descendants.

They were not so kind to the peoples already here and just about extinguished them.

@VicZinc Of course not you silly silly winged flatus. The pilgrims were not even the first to arrive - they were just a...

Now you say 'of course not,' but only after I pointed out your nonsense. hehe smilie

Which, I remind you, read:
"I had this weird dream were the Pilgrims at Plymouth rock could speak perfect Algonquian. They were experts at farming the native plants and trapping the native game. They did not need the help of anyone to survive the first winter. Fortunately they were so skilled and educated that they did not need to enslave millions of humans to build this great nation. Then I woke up."

Try again, ZuperZinc. biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell Now you say 'of course not,' but only after I pointed out your nonsense. Which, I remind you, read: "I...

Flying fickle finger fate, how can my dream be "wrong"? It is my dream.

Dreams are by nature not reality.

@VicZinc Flying fickle finger fate, how can my dream be "wrong"? It is my dream. Dreams are by nature not reality.

Reality - "A place that Vic steps into and out of for his own convenience and agenda."

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree +2Reply
@Budwick Reality - "A place that Vic steps into and out of for his own convenience and agenda."

Bud, you should know by now that reality is what the party line says is reality.

Just ask comrade Vic Yezhov. biggrin smilie

Had you left it as a dream, your specious argument might make some sense, but you didn't leave it as a dream.

At the end you wrote, "Then I woke up," with the clear intended implication that what you dreamed was not the case in reality; i.e., that the Pilgrims did need to enslave millions to build this great nation, etc.

Dream on, Vic. biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell Had you left it as a dream, your specious argument might make some sense, but you didn't leave it as a dream...

Really? So after you wake up from a dream the exact opposite of what you dreamt becomes 100% true?

Wow you really are an incredible insect. I so wish I had your supper powers, but alas I am a mere human and not only don't my dreams come true, but the exact opposite of my dreams don't come true either. Sorry to disappoint you.

Either way I have 100% agreement on this post so that's how you play this game.

@VicZinc Really? So after you wake up from a dream the exact opposite of what you dreamt becomes 100% true? Wow you...

What?
Are you like 10 years old or something?
You can say and do what you want as long as you get upvotes?

Vic - I worry that you are losing a grip on reality.
[Yeah, I know - what is real? It ain't you Vic! It ain't you.]

You're weaseling again, Vic; let's coin a new word: 'veaseling'.

No one said all dreams have to be the opposite of reality, I merely said the way you constructed your post intentionally implied at the end that reality was indeed the opposite of your 'dream' in this case. I pointed out that at least one part of your implication was nonsense.

And since then you've been veaseling, as usual. biggrin smilie

@Budwick Veaseling! I like that.

Pinko Painter, who often would veasel,
Once said, as he stood at his easel,
"The pictures I paint
Without care or restraint
Will evoke no complaint at my zee cell."

@Thinkerbell Pinko Painter, who often would veasel, Once said, as he stood at his easel, //"The pictures I...

You know I love ya Think, and we've always been honest with each other. So, WTF is "Will evoke no complaint at my zee cell?"

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree +1Reply
@Budwick You know I love ya Think, and we've always been honest with each other. So, WTF is "Will evoke no complaint at my...

The zee cell is a group of like-minded lefty followers of someone whose name begins with Z.

They fawn on his every utterance, much to his delight. (Not that he dislikes disagreement; attention is key with him.) hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell The zee cell is a group of like-minded lefty followers of someone whose name begins with Z. They fawn on his every...

Oh!

I should have known it was something smart.

You smart women here are also very patient with dum asses such as myself.

Vic really is a Veasel! Ain't he?

@Thinkerbell They don't come any veaselinger...

Ya see - I learned again. I would have said veaslinger-Y.

@Budwick Ya see - I learned again. I would have said veaslinger-Y.

Shakespeare had Vic's number:

What’s in a name? That which we call a veasel
Would by any other name act just as false;
So VicZinc would, were he not veasel call’d,
Retain that imperfection which he owns
Without that title.   biggrin smilie