PartyOfOnes avatar
9 86

I was 16 with a friend sleeping overnight. Neither of us was tired and were bored beyond words. With my parents asleep for more than an hour, we made our escape onto the lower porch roof and down to the grass. We had no plan other than to see what people did at that time of the night. We headed toward downtown, met very little traffic until a couple older teens headed our way; their body language and facial expressions were screaming; FIGHT. Right at that moment it sucked to be me. My weight was at 128, never pumped iron, wouldn't know a sit-up from a sit-in, and I think that's what saved me. The one bulky guy went after my bulky buddy while the second toughie held a nut pick to my upper chest. Thirty seconds into the fight a police cruiser rolled up, told them to get lost but for us to get in the patrol car. I had to give them my parents' number while the cop drove in the direction of my street... you know the rest. That was the last time I went full on stupid.

@PartyOfOne I was 16 with a friend sleeping overnight. Neither of us was tired and were bored beyond words. With my parents...

Wow what a story, I have had a similar experience once too. It was on new years eve and I was with a friend of mine, we were 19 I think. Usually in that time we have quite the fireworks in the city center so we went, on our way back a group of 5-6 drunk kids our age started shouting at us, you could smell the cheap champagne that they gave for free at the center a mile away from them. My friend ran, I tried too but I was slow plus I was afraid not to slip on ice or something since being on the ground I thought they'd kick the hell out of me. One of them caught up and started hitting my face from behind, he hit like a bitch, didn't even bloody my lip, but I knew that if I didnt give them something they'd gang up on me so I gave them the two bucks in my pocket. A bit later my friend came back with his dad but the drunks were somewhere else by then.

Never.I was boring!

@ThePrinceofWales Never.I was boring!

Boring is a good thing - a very, very good thing - I've made a practice of that ever since :)

Thanks for your feedback and your company - both were more than welcome :D

@2761753

Your mom's insomnia may have saved your life :) At that time of the night, all kinds of creeps come out of the woodwork - little did I know that, then, though :(

Thanks for taking some time to share your input - nice of you to do that ;)

Yes, also never got caught.

Why? To do all the things I couldn't when they were awake, of course.

Nope I never snuck out really. Just once a girl stayed over and we went out at 4am to get some water from s pond so we could watch rge germs under my microscope. Now isn't that exciting??

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Nope I never snuck out really. Just once a girl stayed over and we went out at 4am to get some water from s...

I agree with Astral... it does seem cute :) My parents gave me a kids' science lab as a Christmas gift, including a microscope so I can appreciate why you'd want to do that :)

I did, several times because of friends mostly but also because there was this girl I was getting along quite well. We were often a group of friends, that's how we met, we became pretty close. Sometimes she called me outside at midnight, sneaking out was no problem because my grandparents were long asleep by then. Those were the good days, we often spent our time hugging on some bench or sidewalk, few times she even let me play with her bra and stuff, I hadn't tried unhooking one back then.

@Sunny_the_skeptic I did, several times because of friends mostly but also because there was this girl I was getting along quite well...

Aahhh... a girl calling out to a guy at midnight sounds romantic, promising :D You lucky, lucky man. And thank god it was at a time when your grandparents were long asleep, leaving you many hours of not being discovered - bwahaha :P

@PartyOfOne Aahhh... a girl calling out to a guy at midnight sounds romantic, promising :D You lucky, lucky man. And thank god...

Interesting fact, my grandpa somehow found out because one day he asked "Who was that girl with you in front of the house?" probably because of his prostate was ringing during night.

Probably wasn't a good idea to fiddle around with her in front of my own home. My grandparent's house is pretty big, the house itself is on the 2nd and 3rd floor while the 1st is a workshop, he probably saw us from the balcony.

And yeah this girl was a bit crazy and tomboyish, she once bit my head, I didn't even know it was possible, perhaps it was an excuse to kiss it later who knows. Somehow that's the type I fall for despite claiming to prefer the good girls.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Interesting fact, my grandpa somehow found out because one day he asked "Who was that girl with you in front of the...

At that age in my life I would've given her my head, my neck, and part of a shoulder after we fulfilled my needs a smilie... it's only fair :) Oh, and after your grandpa went back to bed ;D

I did that a few times, yes. I only recall one of those times distinctly...meeting a girl I knew from school, and us walking through a very dark field and forest with a knife. She brought the knife I think, it being our protection against, well, whatever.
I don't even remember who we were meeting. Why? Because it was thrilling, I suppose. I went through quite a rebellious stage, when I was a teenager.

@Piper2 I did that a few times, yes. I only recall one of those times distinctly...meeting a girl I knew from school, and...

I never would have pegged you for the daring type, Piper :D - cautious, sure; I'm seeing you in another light - a very good one, lol :D

Thanks for putting that out there - that made my night smile smilie

@PartyOfOne I never would have pegged you for the daring type, Piper :D - cautious, sure; I'm seeing you in another light - a...

Hmm...interesting. That's actually pretty low on the scale of "daring" things I've done. Not usually because it was thrilling, though.

You're quite welcome, and I'm glad I made your night. smile smilie

Isn't it funny how getting out of the house was a big deal, looking back how insignificant it was to your real life eh? Just like all the silly things they drill into your head while in school- I mean about behaving or it will tarnish your permanent record. Think any school still has your record with which to tarnish your life beye smilie

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Isn't it funny how getting out of the house was a big deal, looking back how insignificant it was to your real...

Well, yeah, it was insignificant but we didn't know that... still, at the time, it beat staring at four bedroom walls the rest of the night. I never did it again for obvious reasons ;)

Thanks for posting your comment, Lorraine... nice of you to put it out there a smilie

My sister junior by 18 months and I went outside to play in the moonlight without shoes in the dew covered grass. We were 10 and 11 respectively, and our 5 kittens came outside with us.

@2778657

I preferred not to have the ones I had at that point :)

Thanks for posting... it's always appreciated :)

nope! i just asked if i could go do whatever and they p much always said yes.

@2761763

That might've been me if I had other types of friends but they and I were low key - willing to look and listen but not quite ready to test the water... not at 16 :)

Thanks for your input, sir ;D

Nope, never did.

@StarzAbove Nope, never did.

I had a feeling that, if you posted, it would be either: I thought about it but backed-out, or: nope, never did. :D I'm sure your folks would be glad you didn't either, lol

Thanks for your input, Starz :D

@PartyOfOne I had a feeling that, if you posted, it would be either: I thought about it but backed-out, or: nope, never did. :D...

haha I never had occasion to slip out....I had too many siblings that would have told on me. lol

@StarzAbove haha I never had occasion to slip out....I had too many siblings that would have told on me. lol

Lol. My siblings might have, too, (I have 5) but had my own room, thankfully :D If I had to share, one of us would be dead, lol

@PartyOfOne Lol. My siblings might have, too, (I have 5) but had my own room, thankfully :D If I had to share, one of us would...

hahaha I had five sisters, two brothers, all were married and out of the house when I was born, except two sisters. I have never had a room of my own. That would be a luxury. lol

@StarzAbove hahaha I had five sisters, two brothers, all were married and out of the house when I was born, except two...

I'm glad you survived all that or I'd be a person short on the post biggrin smilie

We have a sunny day and warm temperatures before a very soggy weekend hits so I'd better bid you an excellent Friday then take advantage ;)

Thanks for sharing a good part of your day with me :D

@PartyOfOne I'm glad you survived all that or I'd be a person short on the post We have a sunny day and warm...

hahaha, I'm a "strong" woman, had to be growing up in a large family. lol

Cool and sunny here, I'm heading out to buy some flowers, enjoy your weekend.

Starz glad you stayed in a young woman could really end up in trouble or worse - especially if you had come face to face with the people some of our other members talked about.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Starz glad you stayed in a young woman could really end up in trouble or worse - especially if you had come face...

Thanks, I was pretty fortunate to have escaped all of that. My parents trusted me and wasn't about to let them down.

No need my parents let me do whatever I wanted, so long as my gradea were good. Plus I was shy and knew few people when I was young. At 18 I started living away from home, and spent time with really wild people, so I learned to be more outgoing.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred No need my parents let me do whatever I wanted, so long as my gradea were good. Plus I was shy and knew few...

Well, that's good you didn't have the need to sneak... doing that always made me feel a little like a criminal.

Thanks, Lorraine, for your input - it's always appreciated :)

Can't sneak out here cause the door makes too much noise and I wouldn't even bother with that window cause the screen thing would be a pain to put back..at least that's what I assume

@Crimson Can't sneak out here cause the door makes too much noise and I wouldn't even bother with that window cause the...

In that case it's a good thing you didn't try - screens will be noisy in the dead of night; definitely not worth the consequences :)

Thanks for taking the time to post your input... nice of you to do that biggrin smilie

@PartyOfOne In that case it's a good thing you didn't try - screens will be noisy in the dead of night; definitely not worth...

Even if I did quietly get out that way, climbing back in would be a bit difficult. There would be no reason to sneak out anyway, nothing interesting ever happens around here anyway. At least not for me.

@Crimson Even if I did quietly get out that way, climbing back in would be a bit difficult. There would be no reason to...

Well, the one time I tried it, that could've landed me in the hospital - it definitely landed me in trouble with my dad. I wouldn't advise a lone person doing it, just in case you run across some questionable people.

I'd rather have you here than on the street by yourself. wink smilie

@PartyOfOne Well, the one time I tried it, that could've landed me in the hospital - it definitely landed me in trouble with my...

All of the questionable people I've seen around here seem too weak to harm me, I've got lightning quick reflexes and I'm capable of defending myself. I wouldn't go out without taking some sort of weapon with me in case I had to use it. I was actually attacked by two guys when I was alone once at night during summer without anything to defend myself other than my own body, they came running at me but I punched one in the gut, then kicked the other in the shin. After that I grabbed both of their necks, squeezed a bit, grabbed their faces and slammed em down and kicked em while they were down. When they got up they ran. They were lucky I decided not to report them to authorities. I should have beat them up worse to truly leave my mark on them.

@Crimson All of the questionable people I've seen around here seem too weak to harm me, I've got lightning quick reflexes...

I have to admire your skill and bravery - standing to fight doesn't often come easy for many ;) You're certainly welcome to be my bodyguard anytime you're feelin' the urge :D

@PartyOfOne I have to admire your skill and bravery - standing to fight doesn't often come easy for many ;) You're certainly...

Honestly, I didn't even think my time spent training myself how to fight would even be useful cause I thought I'd never have to use those skills but I did after all. I didn't have much choice other than to fight back in that situation. I think those two dummies will think twice when they want to pick a fight with anyone now, or at least I hope so. I could have easily outran them but I was having a bad day and thought it would be fun to take out a little anger on those guys.

@Crimson Honestly, I didn't even think my time spent training myself how to fight would even be useful cause I thought I'd...

I hope that'll be the only time you'd have to run or fight unless it's for training :)
It's after 1:30am (NY time) so I'm going to head out. Thanks for the conversations... they've honestly been fun ;D

HaHa you all seem to have such a different childhood than mine. If I ever wanted to slip out of the house all Imm had to do was walk out the door into the barn, then down the barn stairs to outside. Only the horses and kitties would ever know.

@2778291

OO interesting. I heard Journey today - concert downtown.

@2780136

dw2 I never heard of toto looked it up they are in california so maybe they never got this far northa smilie

@2778291

That's a decent round trip plus the time spent watching the band :) Did you make it back into bed before your parents woke-up?

@2778294

Thanks for your input ;)

yes and sex

@TomboyJanet yes and sex

Thanks for your comment, Janet :)

Never,I was a good girl.

@hootowl Never,I was a good girl.

I've always held the idea you were :D

@2778795

Thanks for posting, I appreciate it :)

Actually I have never sneaked out at night. I did during the day (not that many times), while the adults were at work or at the cafe.
I did it to go meet my "boyfriend". I was caught soon enough.

Yeah, just to hang out with friends and do whatever.

My best/stupidity sneaking story was in the daylight, though the only parent home might have been sleeping. But it was after a hurricane had hit and still non-stop rain... with no power in the entiregreater area and lots of flooding.

We were completely bored, not electricity inside the very hot and humid houses... If you stepped on the ground you'd sink in because it was extremely wet mud... and gently but non-stop rain.

We somehow decided to go towards the wooded park area... you know the flooded wooded park with a very large Creek flowing into the main river not far behind.

Yeah very stupid idea but it was a once in a lifetime experience, got to feel what being chest deep in a wooded flooded area (not fun) and some how got caught and didn't get yelled out.

@Zolfie Yeah, just to hang out with friends and do whatever. My best/stupidity sneaking story was in the daylight, though...

I'm definitely not a fan of sinking into muddy water that's up to my nipples. I'm claustrophobic so being immersed in muddy water that deep would freak me the frog out no smilie

@PartyOfOne I'm definitely not a fan of sinking into muddy water that's up to my nipples. I'm claustrophobic so being immersed...

Sorry for the novel, but I'm just trying to explain how it happened, and it's a good memory.

I must not of said it well, though I was trying to keep it short. The sinking happened when you stepped on the grass, you'd go an inch or two into the mud and it'd try to claim/keep your shoes.

When we walked into the flooded area, towards the woods, it had asphalt or concrete, as it was a biking trail, so the footing was good... it was everything else that wasn't as good... as sticks and stuff were hitting our bodies at almost every level... And you'd be repeatedly like OH wt smilie what was that... oh just a stick and repeat... but a couple of times even hit in the balls, but the sticks were all over.

I would of turned back sooner, but that was with the friend, who if you chickened out of something, he'd NEVER let you live it down... and well... I was taller, stronger and the better swimmer, so I decided I'm going as far as he was, plus I started enjoying the exploring after a certain point.

Though half way on our way back, we saw my dad in the truck looking for us... and BOY HE WAS PISSED!! ... though I'm still surprised... he never yelled at me for that one... maybe because he understood that there was literally nothing else for us to do.

@Zolfie Sorry for the novel, but I'm just trying to explain how it happened, and it's a good memory. I must not of said...

Your explanations were perfectly fine, really, so thanks for taking the time to lay things out as you had :D

Anonymous