Daily obsession and hate towards Donald Trump is a mental illness .. Please get some help.

Image for post Daily obsession and hate towards Donald Trump is a mental illness .. Please get some help.
Law
5 25

Agreed. Hate is always bad.

Daily recognition that America has had its share of crooks (Warren G. Harding, Richard Nixon), bigots (Andrew Jackson, James Buchanan), and incompetents (Andrew Johnson, George W. Bush). But never before Donald Trump have we had a president who combined all these nefarious qualities.

When he equated Neo-Nazis and Ku Klux Klan members with counter-demonstrators in Charlottesville, Virginia, by blaming “both sides” for the violence, he wasn’t being neutral. He was condoning white supremacists, thereby undermining the constitution’s guarantee of equal rights.

When he pardoned Joe Arpaio, the former sheriff of Maricopa County, Arizona, for a criminal contempt conviction, he wasn’t just signaling it’s okay for the police to engage in violations of civil rights. He was also subverting the rule of law by impairing the judiciary’s power to force public officials to abide by court decisions.

When he criticized NFL players for kneeling during the national anthem, he wasn’t just demanding they demonstrate their patriotism. He was disrespecting their—and, indirectly, everyone’s—freedom of speech.

When he berates the intelligence agencies and the federal bureau of investigation, he isn’t just questioning their competence. He’s suggesting they’re engaged in a giant conspiracy to remove him from office—potentially inviting his most ardent supporters to engage in a new civil war.

When he boasts that he made up information in a meeting with the prime minister of Canada, he isn’t just undermining his own credibility. He’s undermining the credibility of the United States in the eyes of the world.

Donald Trump is degrading the core institutions and values of our democracy.

So no, I don't hate him, I just don't think he should be the leader of the free world. So will will say that everyday.

Every day we need to reaffirm that just like, when Hitler was good for the Germany economy, he was still Hitler - and - just because the American economy is doing well, our president is still a racist, misogynistic, xenophobic, greedy, heartless tyrant.

Please don't give him a pass - he is a very bad man.

@2761794

So what you are saying is that because Hitler made Germany great we should give him a pass for everything else?

@VicZinc So what you are saying is that because Hitler made Germany great we should give him a pass for everything else?

We gave Obama a pass for his dislike of the Police and Military. He also had a dislike for this country
and Christians. He also freed terriorist's from Gitmo. The best sound he ever heard was the call to
Muslim prayer. What's to like ???
President Trump,loves this country,respects our flag. Loves the Military and law enforcement.

@hootowl We gave Obama a pass for his dislike of the Police and Military. He also had a dislike for this country and...

If by loving the country you mean enjoys using this power to enrich himself and those closest to him, then okey-dokey-smokey.

@Budwick Oh well. Hillary lost. Deal with it.

You got a little something there on your chin.

@VicZinc You got a little something there on your chin.

Oh, that's just a little skin disorder that flairs up when ever I hear outlandish lies, exaggerations and hyperbole. But thanks for pointing it out.

I will tell you the same thing I told Obama supporters in 2009:

Criticizing duplicitous policy choices isn't hatred and criticizing one's government when it is wrong or self-serving isn't obsession, it's the very definition of civic duty.

I'd say govt. criticism only when said govt. isn't predominantly populated with people of your own personal political persuasion, but never when you personally identify with the purported politics of those in power, is obsession. But that's just my personal opinion.

I just feel sorry for people who dedicate every waking moment towards hating someone/something. Their lives must be miserable, no one deserves that.

I do notice some of what I consider "obsessive hatred" here. If even daily criticism of a current president is a mental illness, however, there are and has been in the past, an alarming number of mentally ill people.

Is it? People always hate the president, I think it is just normal thinking .

The obsessive hatred has become comical.
Except for the fact that there are weak minded folks that take it seriously and that can be dangerous.
The venom I believe is pushing more and more people away from the dark, mean spirited progressive side that has no new ideas that could actually help the country.
Just yesterday I saw a few former real dyed in the wool Trump haters openly questioning their hatred having seen some real positive progress. That's progress! That's hope!

Trump is wild card that's for sure. I happen to like him. He is as unconventional as they come, but dammit - he gets stuff done! No kicking the can down the road for him!

Bangs foot in table Aaargh! Goddamn Trump!

Anonymous