Have you ever been sued or sued someone? What was the reason and how did it turn out? Care to comment?

An Uncle of mine was sued a couple of years ago, he was proven innocent and turned the tables on his accuser and sued her. She is now spending some jail time. Lesson: Be very careful of what you accuse someone of, you better have the facts straight, especially when it comes to slandering someone or harassment, because the tables might get turned.

Image for post Have you ever been sued or sued someone?  What was the reason and how did it turn out?   Care to comment?
StarzAboves avatar Jokes & Humour
6 23
@2762090

Thanks, and it's true. People should be very careful who they slander or harass, or try to destroy, because that same thing could happen to them, and they better have deep pockets.

@2762174

I just hope you was ok Will and not suffered any long term health problems because of the accident. 乂ᴼₒᴼ乂

@2762174

That's great. Nowadays, people sue for just about anything....even hot coffee at a McDonalds....how stupid is that.

But some people go on a witch hunt to destroy someone and make money off of them. In my explanation, it can backfire on them, and they are in for a big surprise.

@StarzAbove That's great. Nowadays, people sue for just about anything....even hot coffee at a McDonalds....how stupid is...

That coffee lady at McD's actually had 3rd degree burns. Turned out to be a legit case and McD's changed the temps of their coffee because of it.

That McDonald's hot coffee case isn't quite as stupid as it sounds, if one reads all the details of it.

I've never been sued, but did sue some guy to remove him off of my inlaw's property. It was no big deal, just Small Claims Court, we won, the guy is gone, but he was fined a heavy fine.

Financially I've bugger all to sue with or to sue for so nope. smirk2 smilie
乂^◡^乂

Yes--

In 2010-- Lady tried to sue me when my dog bit her. Her ambulance-chaser attorney eventually dropped her as a client

@Sir_Whatz Yes-- In 2010-- Lady tried to sue me when my dog bit her. Her ambulance-chaser attorney eventually dropped her...

I've heard of people suing over a dog bite, especially if it's a pit bull or another breed that has really hurt someone. But if it's just a nip, then it's rather foolish to sue.

@StarzAbove I've heard of people suing over a dog bite, especially if it's a pit bull or another breed that has really hurt...

Wasn't a nip but rather a full-on puncture wound. I had her to an InstaCare within 40 minutes of the attack. Paid for that visit. Paid for her prescriptions. A week later, I paid for more prescriptions because the wound supposedly got infected. I paid her via money orders an additional $800.00+ dollars she claims she incurred for additional doctor visits. Money orders which she never cashed because I'm sure her ambulance-chaser lawyer told her not to. 18 months later, her attorney dumped her as a client. My bank notified me within about two years of the incident that the money orders were never cashed so I got all my money back-- YAY!!
All told, she got nothing extra. I did right by her every step of the way and she tried to cash in. Her scheme blew up in her face.

@Sir_Whatz Wasn't a nip but rather a full-on puncture wound. I had her to an InstaCare within 40 minutes of the attack. Paid...

She should have been happy that you were taking care of her expenses, sounds like she got greedy. But, glad you got your money back....

@2762555

Good for you. Now that's a darn good reason to sue someone.

@2762557

Some people just won't listen.... I'll bet she wished she had listened to you now. lol