In cinema they show all kinds of emotions such as romance, affection, rivalry, violence, murder, comedy , betrayal all in just 2-3 hours. Will it not affect the psychology of people specially children? Let some psychologists answer this question.

In real life we undergo some emotional experiences one at a time mostly. But in cinema people are exposed to so many emotions within a short period of 2-3 hours.In my opinion it is unnatural and is bound to affect the people psychologically. Can such a thing be allowed in the name of enterainment?

ezhils avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
4 31
@2762373

Yes..the old ones teach great life lessons. (Sarcasm)
I learned, on mothers day, that the three pigs story has been changed. No more pig eating, or wolf boiling.

@Carla Apparently

But i dont think it's disney...grimm maybe
???
No time to google.
New three pigs lesson....be lazy, do shitty work, go live with your family for free:[

@2762373

Debbie Does Dallas: Mickey is getting his ears waxed.
Deep-Throat: Goofy has a weird probing system for saliva.

@2762373

Disney cartoons! A Disney cartoon and most Disney stories involve one or parents dying and the main character dealing with life without them. Not a fan of that repeated story-line.

@2762373

Such words of wisdom...You must have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night!hehe smilie

@2762373

Please understand that movies are made primarily not to entertain but to make huge money.Attracting people and their patronage is prime goal of movie makers. Therefore the strategy adopted to make a movie will go against the interest of the people.Cinema people are ones who do not care a bit about the consequences on the society. Do we need cinema in the first place to lead a healthy life on this earth?

I'm the resident undead monkey / so-called zombie-monkey (a derogatory term of some of your hairier pupils) death-priest paladin sniffer. I can answer to any of the questions, with a very high percentage of being either correct or incorrect.

You really think we generally experience emotions one at a time? Not unless you are only experiencing one thing at a time. EG: You literally can't eat and talk at the same time.

Scientifically ... research has shown that there is no direct link between movies/video games and how people act. They may be contributing factors - but that means there are other forces at play, as well.

@Walt_OReagun You really think we generally experience emotions one at a time? Not unless you are only experiencing one thing at...

The kind of addiction people develop to cinema shows that it does affect people.There are instances of robbers citing cinema for their modus operandi of their act. Vulnerable sections will certainly become prey to wrong things shown. Why should we allow cinema to be a contributing factor? Simply because there are other factors, we need not have one more factor in the form of cinema to cause bad effects on people.

@ezhil The kind of addiction people develop to cinema shows that it does affect people.There are instances of robbers...

By that reasoning - we should remove Jodie Foster from society, because she was cited as the reason John Hickle tried to assassinate President Reagan.

I watched Superman fly, and not once have I tried it. I watched a coyote try to drop an anvil on a road runners head. Even children know the difference between reality and fantasy.

@Flrdsgns I watched Superman fly, and not once have I tried it. I watched a coyote try to drop an anvil on a road runners...

There are children who try to imitate cinema stunts. But more importantly people who see scenes in which all unsocial things are vividly shown can certainly have a negative impact. Children may get desensitized to crimes because of repeated exposure in movies.

Dunno but there needs to be more death and destruction in dem movies

blow shit up man

@ZonkeyBalls Goat Simulator, once again! Bay hits the Gas Station!

Hell yeah boi! You know what, they should make a wolf simulator or at least make 'em playable in Goat Simulator. That seems like it would be cool.

@Crimson Hell yeah boi! You know what, they should make a wolf simulator or at least make 'em playable in Goat Simulator...

Zonkey simulator is available now for free of charge.

Don't let me stop you. I fart FIRECRACKERS with smooth raccoons...

Maybe you should stay home and play Parcheesi.

Never have I agreed with so many I normally disagree with!
This is outstanding!

I’m no psychologist, but many a psychotic has lived their life like a violent movie, video game, etc, and the outcome was far from rosy.

Is it morally, socially, psychologically correct to subject people to so many type of emotions in a short span of 2-3 hours. Let us confine our debate on this point. Let us not deviate. Movies are the invention of the misguided. The great invention , camera is terribly misused by people with unnatural orientation to make money. In the process they completely fail to realise the adverse effects on society. Such people understand money better than the society. What else we can expect from such people? The governments should exercise more control over this media. Because it brings more revenue to the exchequer governments cannot allow the misuse of cinema to the detriment of society. This is a serious issue little understood by the political and materialistic class.
Stories are better read than seen. Graphic depiction of stories are antisocial activities.Humans do not need this experience for their normal life. It is thrust on people.