VicZincs avatar Politics
8 54

Vic...deaf ears, my friend.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +6Reply

I mean, really, in todays society where people of principle are really becoming dinosaurs in the ever changing social culture about them?

I kind of feel like my parents did me a disservice by teaching me the principles of honesty and integrity. It seems more that I have been hamstrung than anything else.

I am not surprised by people who use (abuse?) both power and wealth to raise themselves up at the expense of others, both materially and emotionally.

I do not myself condone it, but who the fuck is going to listen to me anyway.

FWIW, I agree with you.

No I'm not sick of your reporting the truth about Trump. Never stop.

It's so sad that his supporters are turning a blind eye to his corruption. Lies, scandals, even tonight I heard that Kushner was behind the Qatar blockade because they wouldn't invest in his family business. Now that Qatar has changed their mind, the blockade is lifted. Such corruption like we've never seen before, and Congress sits on their thumbs and does nothing. Pathetic.

Good Post, Vic.

@StarzAbove No I'm not sick of your reporting the truth about Trump. Never stop. It's so sad that his supporters are...

Admittedly I was not happy when the Clintons accepted donations from foreign country to their charity. It smelled like pay-for-play and those were some big money transactions. This is actual cash directly into the pockets of family members, not even pretending it is for charity - out and out profiteering. And it not subtle repayments, it is blatant pay-for-play with releasing embargos and removing sanctions.

Even if it was the same - it is still wrong, it is still immoral and those that complained the loudest when Clinton did it are biting their tongues and closing their eyes.

@VicZinc Admittedly I was not happy when the Clintons accepted donations from foreign country to their charity. It smelled...

We have an immoral president, he's always done exactly what he wanted to do through his entire life, and he's not going to change now. It's sickening to me why the Congress is not doing anything about it. He's only in the presidency to fill his coffers, and people are too dumb to realize it. And worse, his some still support his corruption, we can only imagine what they would be doing if it was President Obama.

Trump is conning America and he's getting away with it.

I have no doubt that you were wringing your hands in despair over how immoral the Clintons and their foundation were, Vic.

But did you say anything? I doubt it. biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell I have no doubt that you were wringing your hands in despair over how immoral the Clintons and their foundation...

Did I need to? Plenty of folks were complaining here. If I don't complain about Trump you people would continue to worship him as the second coming.

@2762944

Exactly. What a shame.

I too, think clinton was slimy. As for the clinton foundation...at least they did some very good things. Trumps chatities enrich trump. Just sayin'.
I get that you are benefitting financially. And feel good about it. I too am benefitting from robust growth. But have been for at least 3 years.
I find it a bit slimy in itself to look past trumps blatant acceptance of income from foriegn entities. Entities that are not our allies.
Let me ask you, if you found out that your boss (if you have one), was using insider trading or money laundering, or was involved with smuggling drugs into the country, or involved with organized crime, but you were financially benefitting, would you look the other way, because of the income you were realizing? Personally, my conscious would eat me alive and then i would look at myself and see slime.
When we overlook corrupt acts because we benefit, we are no better than the bad actor.
.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +5Reply
@Carla I too, think clinton was slimy. As for the clinton foundation...at least they did some very good things. Trumps...

You are right Carla, if I knew an employer was corrupt or crooked, I would quit immediately and find another job. But since I don't work for Trump, and quitting my job would not change anything, I worry about myself, I can't do anything about Trump being a corrupt slime ball anyway, that is up to Congress and it seems they are all fine with it. When actual proof comes out about Trump and he is indicted, or impeachment proceeding begin, I will pay attention then.
Look how long it took to get rid of Nixon? I don't know if I can watch this drama every day for the next 4 or 5 years. I don't endorse Trump, and I never will, but I'm trying not to be too judgmental of him, at least until the investigation is completed.

The best for the country to do something about Trump is for the Democrats to gain a slim majority in Congress in November.

@Flrdsgns You are right Carla, if I knew an employer was corrupt or crooked, I would quit immediately and find another job...

Please then, do vote.:]
If people make enough noise, denouncing trump, maybe those that would normally stay home, will go out and make good choices.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply
@2766078

You made a choice. Every woman has the right to make her own. It is the law and has been for almost 50 years.
And because of planned parenthood the number of abortions has fallen.
How many times do i have to say that i am not anti gun. I know of no one who is.
There are many policies that i dont agree with. But im not going into them, because you dont really want to know.
Im stupid, remember? Why do you choose to question a stupid person? Just to think that my answers are stupid.
You rant and rave. Find another to go off on.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply
@StarzAbove He won't be going to prison, but he will soon be out of a job.

I'm not convinced of that yet Starz. I do think Trump may be the most corrupt POTUS we have ever had, but until the investigation is completed and if and when Congress ever decides to do something, I know I have no power to change the status quo

Not sick of your harping at all.
You can harp until the cows come home.

I show my displeasure for politics and politicians by how I choose to vote.

You can harp for the rest of the time Trump is president and harp for 4 more years after that, if he's reelected..

Harping doesn't accomplish much in the grand scheme of things.

If it did, I would be harping 24/7.

I would be harping from the treetops because I would harp so much about not having a jetpack, that I would have a jetpack.

One persons harping...is another persons harp.

DandyDons avatar DandyDon Disagree +2Reply

As usual, Vic, you are not telling anything close to the whole story.

The company to which Kushner is trying to sell his money-losing building at 666 Fifth Avenue is a Canadian firm, Brookfield Asset management. I looked in the NY Times to see what involvement Qatar has with Brookfield, but the article was quite vague, although it almost never missed a chance to use Brookfield and Qatar in the same sentence, and breathlessly told us that Qatar was Brookfield's "second-biggest investor". The Times didn't say anything about Brookfield being Canadian, but only that it is "a publicly traded company".

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05...r-666-5th.html

Imagine my surprise when I looked for information in Slate. It says there, unlike the heavily-spun Times article,
"The latest headlines surround a possible deal whereby Jared Kushner’s family business will sell all or most of its stake in 666 Fifth Ave. to Brookfield Properties, a large Canadian real estate company that is 7 percent owned by Qatar."

https://slate.com/business/2018...answering.html

My, my, a WHOLE 7%. I never would have guessed it was that low from the Times article, much less from your little screed up above, Vic.
biggrin smilie

Your complaint and reality are two different things.

@Thinkerbell http://www.amirite.com/819868-y...illary-was-a-r...

The second post was about ZTE. Jared is going to jail very soon.

@VicZinc The second post was about ZTE. Jared is going to jail very soon.

And still no comment from you about Qatar and Brookfield, I see. biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell And still no comment from you about Qatar and Brookfield, I see.

I admit that I don't have any details on that and that your information is likely accurate. That doesn't make Jared less of a scum bag.

@Thinkerbell You rarely have any details, Vic. Only proggy spin.

As your buddy PresTrump aptly applies, details are unnecessary in the game of persuasion.

@VicZinc As your buddy PresTrump aptly applies, details are unnecessary in the game of persuasion.

He's not my buddy; I didn't vote for him.

You, however, almost surely voted for Hillary, immoral, schlimmoral. hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell He's not my buddy; I didn't vote for him. You, however, almost surely voted for Hillary, immoral, schlimmoral.

Didn't need to. She won in our district by a landslide. So I voted for Vermin Supreme because I wanted a bearded president.

@VicZinc Didn't need to. She won in our district by a landslide. So I voted for Vermin Supreme because I wanted a bearded...

District vote doesn't matter in a presidential election; state vote is what counts.

The last American president who had a beard was Benjamin Harrison. Doesn't seem like your type, somehow, although Vermin Supreme does, for other reasons. hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell District vote doesn't matter in a presidential election; state vote is what counts. The last American president...

:)

Don't fret about Hillary. She got all 29 electors in NY. My toss out vote would not have changed that.

@VicZinc :) Don't fret about Hillary. She got all 29 electors in NY. My toss out vote would not have changed that.

I left the presidential line blank in NY, because the third and fourth party candidates were total flakes.

@Budwick Your complaint and reality are two different things.

"The world according to Budwick" and reality are two different things.

Personally, I thought Bill Clinton was slimy and corrupt, but I was making a ton of money during his Presidency, so I voted my pocket book.

I despise Trump and think he is not only corrupt, but a vile little pig of a man, but again I'm making a lot of money during his term so far. I am more concerned about the economy than I am about how much Trump can steal.

Sorry, but the constant raging on MSNBC and CNN against Trump is helping the Trump supporters. Both MSNBC and CNN have become Fox in reverse, and I for one just can't keep up with the scandal of the day much longer.
Today a school bus with 38 5th graders collided with a dump truck, a Volcano shot god knows what 6 miles into the atmosphere, and what are the cable news stations talking about all day? Trump paying 130K to his lawyer proving he knew about Stormy Daniels payout. There is real news going on, and these stations have to cover this. I apologize for the rant, but I think the democrats are not doing themselves any favors in the constant attacks on Trump. When someone has proof, and indicts Trump, people will pay attention, until then, I believe most are more concerned with their own lives.

@2766101

Yep, your turn because we heard about how horrible Obama was for 8.

What did you expect? Sooner or later this would have happened. He's got his mind on his money and his money on his mind. He couldn't give a shit less about the American people or the US.
It's a wonder he still has support.

Anonymous