Another senseless shooting at a Texas High School. When will this end?

There will be a lot of talk about what the government is going to do about gun control, but nothing will be done. People will comment about how horrible it is, Trump will tweet his condolences but nothing will be done All they ever do is talk, and then another shooting will take place and more innocent lives will be lost.

High School Shooting in Texas leaves up to 10 deadAt least one gunman opened fire at a Houston-area high school Friday, killing eight to 10 people, most of them students, authorities said. For more informati...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ6fvgGujic
StarzAboves avatar Education
5 39
@VicZinc

Great graphic, that tells it all!

What I found very disturbing is this morning I had the CBS morning show on and they didn't break in to announce the shooting until well after 8 Pacific time, then they only gave it about 4 minutes and went back to talking about the royal wedding. Has school shootings become so normal, that the news stations barely cover them any longer?

@Flrdsgns What I found very disturbing is this morning I had the CBS morning show on and they didn't break in to announce the...

They are becoming normal, second one in just a few months. The Parkland survivors were trying to do something about it, but got laughed at by Fox News....that's how cruel those people are.

@2763261

The kid was a student at that school, and I haven't heard what kind of gun was used.

@2763264

Tell what to the LGovernor?

@2763272

That's the ticket! One door in, one door out. The mass shooting problem....solved.

@2763272

Thanks, I had forgot about that jerk. Sitting there with a gun in his hand, no wonder there are so many killings with idiots like that running for office.

Today an American, Christian, Texas born, school athlete, with middle class Caucasian parents opened fire in the school. NBC reports that Facebook confirmed Dimitrios Pagourtzis’ Instagram account had account followed 13 pages:
Eight were gun fan pages.

the other five were:
Donald Trump,
Ivanka,
Melania
The White House, and
@FLOTUS

This is the face of American terror. Not ISIS, not Mexicans, but
White Christian Republican, supporters of Trump

I know you are all going to call me a biased commie. Go ahead,

.this.has.to.stop.

@VicZinc Today an American, Christian, Texas born, school athlete, with middle class Caucasian parents opened fire in the...

I wonder how the Republicans are going to spin this one. And as usual Trump said the very same thing he said after the Parkland shootings, nothing will be done about it, as usual.

There is nothing that can be said.The Boom Town Rats-I don't Like Mondays-were singing on this subject in the seventies.Nothing will ever change.

I don't foresee it ending. Not anytime soon, and I don't even pretend to have any answers.

@Piper2 I don't foresee it ending. Not anytime soon, and I don't even pretend to have any answers.

In the last year we've had Charlottesville, Parkland, Austin, Kansas Crusaders, Waffle House, & now Santa Fe—All white supremacy terror.
yet people still deny WS is a problem and claim Mexican immigration is the threat. We need to keep challenging that hypocrisy.

We need research funding to create one of those devices from Stargate:SG1 that rendered weapons inoperable. Then people could have all the guns they want, but take them into restricted areas and zap - they no longer work. >> That's about as realistic as the possibility of removing all firearms from American citizens, or laws solving the problem.

@Walt_OReagun We need research funding to create one of those devices from Stargate:SG1 that rendered weapons inoperable. Then...

I don't recommend taking guns away....that would be an impossibility. I think our society is just out of control. We see killings on most all the TV shows, game shows are all about killing, no wonder some nut thinks it's OK.

@StarzAbove I don't recommend taking guns away....that would be an impossibility. I think our society is just out of...

I would be interested in a study ... if it were possible ... to find the real reasons behind these shootings.

I have a theory: The majority of them are done by males as a way of getting attention, because females have other destructive ways (suicide attempt, cutting) to get attention.

@Walt_OReagun I would be interested in a study ... if it were possible ... to find the real reasons behind these shootings. I...

I guess we'll never know, maybe to show us what big guys they are.... well they're gonna find out what big guys they will be dealing with when they spend the rest of their lives in prison.

They said on TV that more students have died from mass shootings this year than people serving in the Military. Pretty sad when the Military is a safer option than school.

@Flrdsgns They said on TV that more students have died from mass shootings this year than people serving in the Military...

It's just so horrific, when kids can't even go to school without worrying whether they will be shot. The world's gone mad.

@StarzAbove It's just so horrific, when kids can't even go to school without worrying whether they will be shot. The world's...

It is a terrible thing. Preying upon the smallest weakest locked in people. If I had kids I would be thinking hard about home schooling. Yet that shouldn't be the case - More protection in the school is all that will help. Maybe hire homeless guys to hang around looking at things, they need a place to be why not there?

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred It is a terrible thing. Preying upon the smallest weakest locked in people. If I had kids I would be thinking...

I've thought maybe if there were police cars parked outside of schools in various locations, that might prevent someone doing any shooting. Just a thought.

"Preying upon the smallest weakest locked in people."

And that is why I laughed at the Parkland kids who said they wanted to do something.
The majority of school shooters are kids who were picked on by other students, for being "different" or "weird".

The main problem that leads to school shootings isn't guns. It's cliques and bullying.

@Walt_OReagun "Preying upon the smallest weakest locked in people." And that is why I laughed at the Parkland kids who said they...

I thought the Parkland kids did a great job of bringing their concerns to the public, we need more people doing that.

@StarzAbove I thought the Parkland kids did a great job of bringing their concerns to the public, we need more people doing that.

And I bet not one of those kids thought of helping a fellow student who was being bullied. I bet they either joined the crowd in laughing, thought it was funny, or just passed by and didn't say/do anything.

@Walt_OReagun And I bet not one of those kids thought of helping a fellow student who was being bullied. I bet they either...

You might be right, but that doesn't give anyone the right to kill all those kids, no matter what they did in the past.

We have bullies on this site, and they are adults.

@StarzAbove You might be right, but that doesn't give anyone the right to kill all those kids, no matter what they did in the...

I'm not saying it does.

Just pointing out the fact that it likely wouldn't have gotten to a shooting, if they had spoken up sooner and stopped the bullying.

From a personal perspective: I was bullied all through school, from elementary to high school. I brought a weapon in once, to show a physical bully I would hurt him if he kept hurting me and my friends. That is the only reason he left us alone. (Telling parents and teachers and police hadn't done anything.)

@Walt_OReagun I'm not saying it does. Just pointing out the fact that it likely wouldn't have gotten to a shooting, if they had...

I don't know the answer to bullying and sorry you were bullied. But it needs to stop.

I was never bullied growing up, I had 5 sisters and no one dared bully me or any of the others. lol

I know I heard that on the radio. I think it will end when the schools get real security guards with guns. Forget the sheriffs all they want is donuts. I mean bring in riot style guards with ONLY protection as a job.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred I know I heard that on the radio. I think it will end when the schools get real security guards with guns...

I just don't know what the solution is, but I hope someone does something before more kids are killed. They have even found explosive devices around the school, makes me wonder how on earth did he do that, surely there were people walking around that would have seen it.

@2766778

I have no idea what you're talking about. (Herd? Who herds kids into school. It's the law, kids have to go to school, or be home schooled.