+11

Thus you will recognize them by their fruits. -Matt 7:20

Image for post Thus you will recognize them by their fruits.  -Matt 7:20
VicZincs avatar Politics
3 14

And you will know them by their trail of death. The bodies of the poor we refused to help. The sick people who can't afford medicine because we sickeningly value it more as a money maker than a need. I never say this, but anyone who places cash over lives, deserves...well you know.....what they wrought

Powerful words in Matthew, he was a true poet. Two I've been marinating in for a while now...

"And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved."
Matt 24:10-13

"For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect."
Matt 24:24

@VicZinc Amen

It is my very humble opinion that Matthew 23 and 24 may be the most scorching hot indictment of corrupted power I've ever read. And yet it leaves one with hope.

@2763409

Already said it NM.

There, I said it again.

@2763421

First they came for the Islamist.
I spoke out even though I was not an islamist.
Then they came for the Mexicans,
I spoke out even though I was not a mexican,
Then they can for the women and gays,
I spoke out even though I was not a women and I was not gay.
Then they came for the blacks,
and again I spoke out, even as I was not black.
Then they came for our health care and our clean air and our clean water
and I spoke even louder.

But none of you would listen. Instead you said...

They are coming for my guns!
but nobody came for their guns,
nobody wants your damn guns,

we want you to use your guns to kill the fascists like the constitution tells you to do. Not kill our children, to kill the tyrants.

Go after the tyrant in your midst.

You are right, you are done

because you do not see the wolf walking among your flock,

it is not me that is the enemy, it is the one you bow down to, your leader, you tyrant, your enemy in sheep's clothing.

@Carla Again...deaf ears..

It's amazing. They want the freedom to preach hate, shoot people, harass women, harass gays, pollute the air, indoctrine people into spreading hateful lies from birth, beat children for dying their hair or getting mohawks, and treat employees like slaves.

We want the freedom to love consensually, Speak out against rape, fight back against discrimination, Do what we want with our bodies, be who we want to be, let people do what makes them happy instead of judging them like people with no lives would do. We want clean air, peace, medicine for sick people instead of letting them die because they're poor and "oh ha ha they shoulda tried harder and not got screwed over", we want to end bullying, and defend freedom of the press, we want a world where no one will be judged over things they cannot control, like skin color, sexual orientation, gender identity, Cisgender identity (yes we stay women we get crap, we change to men we get even more crap, what do you want from us?), and we want people not to starve to death because humanity is cruel enough to value food as a commodity instead of a necessity.

And we're the traitors? we're the sinners? we're the bad guys? We're the boogymen? Because we care about other people? If wanting conflict is good, and caring about people is bad I don't want to be good.

Whoa! This place smells like wrong! Someone open a window and let the wrong out!