The Greatest Spectacle in Racing - The Indianapolis 500 Mile Race. It is being held Sunday May 27, 2018. Lots going on regarding this race, a very large parade with celebrities and race car drivers, great experience. Lots of people will be flocking in to the area. Are you a racing fan?

Our normal traffic will increase tremendously..... traffic jams all over town. Security will be tight as well.

Image for post The Greatest Spectacle in Racing - The Indianapolis 500 Mile Race. It is being held Sunday May 27, 2018. Lots going on regarding this race, a very large parade with celebrities and race car drivers, great experience.  Lots of people will be flocking in to the area.    Are you a racing fan?
StarzAboves avatar People & Celebrities
5 22
@2763866

That's great, have you ever been to the Race? I attended just one, but have gone to qualifications many times...Loved it.

@2763887

hahaha I can relate to that! It can be a fun time!

No. Too loud, too many peoples.

@StarzAbove Have you ever been to the Race?

Been to others when i was little. Not the indy. I really am not a fan.

@Carla Been to others when i was little. Not the indy. I really am not a fan.

I have only been to one Indy 500, but my family has been going for a long time, although this year none are going, they are on vacation.

I like the stock cars best. And you're right, they are noisy and too many people.

I've never been to the Indy 500, but I've been to the race in Long Beach a few times, when it was formula 1. Not really much of a fan though.

@Flrdsgns I've never been to the Indy 500, but I've been to the race in Long Beach a few times, when it was formula 1. Not...

For many years the 500 was the only race held at that Speedway, but now there is a ...I think....400 race in September, and they configure the track to have a Formula race sometime in the spring or fall. I don't pay much attention to those races. The 500 is the big thing here.

Hope it doesn't rain...

@Sukiesnow Hope it doesn't rain...

We have crazy weather, one year there was a tornado at the end of the race, we've even had snow, nothing heavy, on that day. So anyone going should come prepared. And of course there have been rain delays....one year it was rained out for 2 days, and by the time of the race, everyone had left down or gone back to work....bummer.

I'm not really a fan. I know some of the big names. However, I do very much respect the skill and dedication it takes to race like that. I wish all the competitors safety and a fun time.

I used to go watch a lot of drag races at a local drag strip and make a day out of it.

I've never personally watched lap races live.
I'm sure it's different actually being there, also with everything else there is to do..

On tv... it's kind of like baseball.
I've always liked playing baseball but just never had the patience to watch it on tv.

@DandyDon I used to go watch a lot of drag races at a local drag strip and make a day out of it. I've never personally...

I think drag races are fun too. We have them here in September....they are really loud.

You're right, being at the 500 is a lot different than watching it on TV. It's very exciting..... but it is noisy and a lot of people.... but it's worth going to at least once in your lifetime.

I like the stock cars, at one time I wanted to drive one. lol

@DandyDon Yea I wouldn't mind driving one

They use to have one called "The Powder Puff Derby", meanest looking women I ever saw. lol

@StarzAbove They use to have one called "The Powder Puff Derby", meanest looking women I ever saw. lol

Lol...I remember there were 2 or 3 women that drove funny cars and rail cars.

They were some good looking women..

@DandyDon Lol...I remember there were 2 or 3 women that drove funny cars and rail cars. They were some good looking women..

haha we must have been looking at the wrong women. These that I saw were really tough broads. But I liked what they were doing. lol