When eating out what type of restaurant and food do you prefer?

I prefer a casual restaurant, such as a Red Lobster, or a nice steak house.

Image for post When eating out what type of restaurant and food do you prefer?
5% Fast food 0% Buffet 70% Casual dining 10% Cafeteria style 0% Formal dining 15% Other
StarzAboves avatar Food & Drink
4 59
@2764448

Who's watching you, the food or the TV....geez, you are very weird. hehe smilie

@2764459

lol Geez, you Brits sure do have some funny TVs. hehe smilie

@2764468

Oops, you must have turned the TV off, can't see your link. lol

@2764817

Yikes. I knew a lady that really believed that, it got so bad that she threw a towel over her TV, she was sick and ended up in a mental facility for a couple of months. So beware, that might be you next time. lol

@2764212

My idea of casual is sitting down and being served, I hate lines, but I usually take home the extras. Thanks for commenting.

I'll take Olive Garden. Love their salads. 😊

Will_Janitors avatar Will_Janitor Casual dining +4Reply
@Will_Janitor I'll take Olive Garden. Love their salads. 😊

Good choice, I usually order their soup, salad and breadsticks. Yummy.

BBQ joints...I loves me some ribs.

Azlottos avatar Azlotto Casual dining +4Reply
@Azlotto BBQ joints...I loves me some ribs.

Ribs are my husband's favorite....I like them but prefer seafood.

@StarzAbove Ribs are my husband's favorite....I like them but prefer seafood.

I love seafood, but here, fresh seafood is very expensive.

Azlottos avatar Azlotto Casual dining +2Reply
@Azlotto I love seafood, but here, fresh seafood is very expensive.

In my area we can get a seafood dinner for around $15.00. The portions are so big that sometimes we split the meal....which is not bad for two people.

That would be 6 large shrimp, and two sides....Not bad.

@Azlotto "6 large shrimp, and two sides....Not bad." Not bad, indeed.

Plus I have a $50 gift card to Red Lobster, might have to bring a dessert home. lol

@Azlotto Red Lobster, I love their cheese biscuits.

Me too, they are great. They used to serve hush puppies with their meals, but not anymore. I loved those things.

Oh too bad, yes seafood is expensive if you live off the coastal areas. I live close enough that there is always a guy on the side of the road selling fresh fish and lobster clams and crab too.

I really like everything, but in my own kitchen mexican wins. A burrito with salad all around is not too fattening but tastes very good. Soon there will be enough big dandilion leaves to really make special salads.

@StarzAbove Are you saying dandelions out of your yard?

yes those are the ones I wait until the leaves are large soak over night in cold water and you have something very like arugula and spring greens. Don't eat too many if you watch your salt, they have lots of natural salt as well as other things that are good for you.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred yes those are the ones I wait until the leaves are large soak over night in cold water and you have something...

My Mom used to do that and used a vinegar and sugar dressing....they were quite good. But now, with all the pesticides, I don't think I would eat them.

I prefer restaurants that have meal choices for those who have chosen not to eat "meat", and that don't have a real formal atmosphere. I've enjoyed taking my loved ones to fine dining restaurants, though, especially the ones I happened to be working for at the time.

Piper2s avatar Piper2 Casual dining +2Reply
@StarzAbove Same here....and I like to be served, I hate buffets.

I do not hate buffets, myself, although I don't prefer them.

@Piper2 I do not hate buffets, myself, although I don't prefer them.

I used to like the buffets, but it got so every time after eating, I had stomach problems.... so it's been a long while since I've eaten at one.

@StarzAbove I used to like the buffets, but it got so every time after eating, I had stomach problems.... so it's been a long...

Sorry to hear that. It's been quite a while since I've been to one too, but I don't recall that happening to me.

Piper2s avatar Piper2 Casual dining +1Reply
@Piper2 Sorry to hear that. It's been quite a while since I've been to one too, but I don't recall that happening to me.

It was probably something they put in the salads to keep them fresh. The food was pretty good, though.

We usually eat at Indian restaurants.
乂^◡^乂

@Ada We usually eat at Indian restaurants. 乂^◡^乂

I've never eaten Indian food, although I was invited to an Indian ceremony at their church once, with lots of food, but we weren't able to make it.

@StarzAbove I've never eaten Indian food, although I was invited to an Indian ceremony at their church once, with lots of food...

Curries are very popular over here although a lot of the dishes people eat like 'Chicken Tikka Masala' do actually originate from Britain.
乂º◡º乂

@StarzAbove Indian food is pretty spicy, isn't it?

Yeah a lot of dishes are spicy, although they build up from very mild curries like a 'Korma' to very hot curries like a 'Vindaloo'. 乂º◡º乂

All of them sound good to me.

All of the above, if you're picking up the bill! hehe smilie... but really different times for different places. My favorites would be casual which I think include basically everything but formal dining, and maybe, just maybe not fast food, but with the right friends that can be casual meal too IMO.

Zolfies avatar Zolfie Casual dining 0Reply
@Zolfie All of the above, if you're picking up the bill! ... but really different times for different places. My...

Me pick up the bill for your food..... think again, Pal! lol
I've never paid for a guy's meal and not going start now. lol

@StarzAbove Me pick up the bill for your food..... think again, Pal! lol I've never paid for a guy's meal and not going start...

Hey, with this threads, I thought you might be treating hehe smilie. Okay, I'll pay for my meal and you pay for all the ladies biggrin smilie

Zolfies avatar Zolfie Casual dining +1Reply
@StarzAbove Heck no, I'm not made of money.

Can't prove it based off this picture xp smilie

(Edit: Wow, those came up small, thoses are money starz fyi)

@Zolfie Can't prove it based off this picture...

Ha. Well I am independently wealthy, at least that's what some people think. lol NOT!