+17

Just a reminder as we keep hearing about the royal wedding. In my lifetime, (and yours if you are over 40) there were laws against 'interracial marriage'. Think about that. I am old enough to remember that in 1967 the supreme court stuck down laws in every state marked in red on this map. We still have people who seek to stop 'interracial' and 'same sex' marriage. Love is Love.

Image for post Just a reminder as we keep hearing about the royal wedding.  In my lifetime, (and yours if you are over 40) there were laws against 'interracial marriage'.  Think about that. I am old enough to remember that in 1967 the supreme court stuck down laws in every state marked in red on this map.  We still have people who seek to stop 'interracial' and 'same sex' marriage.  Love is Love.
VicZincs avatar People & Celebrities
7 29

I'm in love with a squirrel. Is that wrong?

Is that really an issue anymore? I don't know anyone who has a problem with interracial marriage, and I'm from the country.

Instead of pouting and dwelling on negative things that happened in the past, why not be happy about the progress we've made over the past 40 years?

It must be exhausting, being perpetually offended.

@2764263

I can't find the wedding on tv. Wanted to just look at her dress.

@2764614

It must be nice to live in your world where you can pretend intolerance isn't an everyday occurrence that way you never have to speak out against it.

@2764625

And the Republican Rose-Colored-Glasses team wants you to believe that everything is fine, that the only 'real' problem is illegal Mexicans (voting for democrats so they can get free food) and those damn muslims who want to marry your underage daughters and mutilate their lady-bits. And of course the democrats themselves who want to take away your guns aways and give all your money to people too the lazy to work. And you buy that story, hook-line-and-sinker.

If you looked at the imbalance in schools, the imbalance in incarceration rates, the imbalance in police brutality, housing markets, graduation rates etc. you would see that it is your party that is the one selling you a load of horse dung.

Compare your nearby suburban schools to your nearby urban schools and tell me everything is equal. Compare the demographics of those same community, and the incarceration rates.

Now try to tell me it is because the people in the suburbs commit less crime, work harder and love their kids more.

SMH

Interracial is fine for the adults but it makes me sad when there are children - they often don't fit either standard.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Interracial is fine for the adults but it makes me sad when there are children - they often don't fit either standard.

Come on lorraine. That is no longer an issue in most communities. Interracial children thrive as well as any other children. If there is a lack of acceptance, it comes from ill mannered adults.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +6Reply

The thing is that the same excuses will be heard about marriages over and over and over. From the same people. Then when the world evolves they will pretend like "oh it wasn't us it was just the wacky people" On a totally unrelated note what is going to happen once a gay prince or princess is born? it's bound to happen

PS why is the south always the big red throbbing blister on the bottom of every single shitty law map :P

Hey, that is the bird off 'Suits', damn, they must be writing her out of it. Can't wait for the next season.

If you keep hearing about the wedding, it's because you chose to.
I'd rather watch paint dry than keep up with such things......oil paint.

Yea, so if you're interracial or same sex...don't get married.
Because your love isn't strong enough to withstand what someone might think about you..

That's a dramatic way to spend life.