+14

Okay...time to mend fences.

I get that there are people here who have fundamentally different opinions about the way this country runs. There will always be debates, arguements regarding that. People will insult, others will be insulted. Some here will never get along. I know that. But there are some here who have known (as well as you can know people online) each other for a long time. Making vague insults directed at people you know and have had laughs with, is so uncalled for. There arent enough people here to not know who is being pointed at. If you have a beef...argue, fight, make up. But please do it up front and personal.
And..btw...can someone please tell me who belongs to this coven i keep reading about?

Carlas avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
11 157

I've friends on Amirite who are left, right, religious, non religious etc so I just try keep outta it all.
乂ᵒ .ᴼ乂

Adas avatar Ada Agree +11Reply

Good post Carla, I agree it is past time to mend fences, but the divide is so great, I'm not sure that will ever happen. I for one am trying my best to understand the opinions of others that I don't always agree with, and to show respect, but sometimes it's hard. I would like to see more civil debate on here regarding politics.
I have no idea what this coven I keep seeing is, or who is in it. My opinions are mine alone and I am trying to stay neutral and independent.

@Flrdsgns Good post Carla, I agree it is past time to mend fences, but the divide is so great, I'm not sure that will ever...

Civility is going the way of phone booths. I find it disturbing that the veil provided by online communication is ruining us.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +5Reply
@Carla Civility is going the way of phone booths. I find it disturbing that the veil provided by online communication is...

Ain't that the truth Carla. The internet has made personal contact a thing of the past. Kind of sad really.

You and I have been great friends since Sodahead days, we don't always agree, but we've never had a falling out. Thank you for always having my back, through thick and thin.

I hope I never lose you as a friend, because it hurts like hell to lose a long time friend, only to find out he never liked me to begin with.

hug smilie

@StarzAbove You and I have been great friends since Sodahead days, we don't always agree, but we've never had a falling out...

Whatever gave you the impression I liked you??? JK, I consider you a good friend, but you should really eat kale and avocado's hehe smiliehug smiliemischief smilie

@Flrdsgns Whatever gave you the impression I liked you??? JK, I consider you a good friend, but you should really eat kale...

Boo hoo! I am not going to eat that nasty kale or avodados, you can have it all for yourself. I'll stick to my potato chips. Yummy! lol

@Flrdsgns No Twinkies or Red Velvet cake?

We ARE lays fans. But a chip in some guac? Again...mmmmm

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply
@Flrdsgns Chips and guacamole is sooooo good

Waiting now for my avacado to ripen...waiting.....

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply
@Carla Waiting now for my avacado to ripen...waiting.....

I found a roadside stand last week was able to pick up 10 Bacon Avocado's for 5 bucks and 20 Haas Avocado's for 5 bucks. Sometimes living in California has it's advantages.

@Flrdsgns I found a roadside stand last week was able to pick up 10 Bacon Avocado's for 5 bucks and 20 Haas Avocado's for 5...

Today, they were two for four dollars:[.
I would say that, yes, you have an advantage.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply
@Carla Today, they were two for four dollars:[. I would say that, yes, you have an advantage.

Haas or Bacon Avocado's? the Bacon ones are a bit lighter and longer than the Haas, and have a very mild creamy taste.

@Flrdsgns Haas or Bacon Avocado's? the Bacon ones are a bit lighter and longer than the Haas, and have a very mild creamy taste.

Haas.
We sometimes get a larger lighter kind here, maybe they are your bacons. They do have a creamier texture.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply
@Flrdsgns Yeah, that sounds like bacon, they are primarily a winter avocado.

They are seldom around. I like the haas better, though. I like the texture better. I dont let them get too ripe. I enjoy them sliced on sandwiches, too. They are just one of those foods. Yummy and healthful.
Make wonderful oil.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply
@Carla They are seldom around. I like the haas better, though. I like the texture better. I dont let them get too ripe. I...

They do, I slice them and put them on most sandwiches, Many times I will mush it up and spread it instead of using Mayo

@2765386

I agree, there are some people who are always playing the victim and accusing others of exactly what they are doing. I'm quick to forgive, but after many trashes and bullying, I reach a point where I say.............NO MORE!

@2765386

See jazzys comment:)

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply
@2765386

Hi Rembio, Sorry, I don't remember if we've met before now, I hope to see you more.

Anyway, I understand your comment - 100%. Thing is if we want to co-exist, there comes a time when we need to toss the scoreboard and try to start anew.

Of course we'll feel a bit put upon the next time there is an argument, but we've got to try. The alternative of constant mistrust, growing dislike, etc. just isn't a good way to live. IMHO

I really like the sentiment, so I'm agreeing. Not just on this site, but in the general scheme of things. I understand that it isn't always possible. Not just among individuals on the internet, but with extreme differences in beliefs one holds of any kind.

I do know what "the coven" term is referring to, but it wouldn't really be appropriate to go into, on this particular post.

@Piper2 I really like the sentiment, so I'm agreeing. Not just on this site, but in the general scheme of things. I...

Yes...some divides are wide. In all aspects of life.
But if one cannot build a bridge, one should stay away from the edge.

When you find the time, i would love to hear of this coven thing.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +5Reply

I've heard the term coven too, but have no idea what it meant or who it is referring to, but I can guess.

@2765029

Ive seen the coven thing several times. Just a bit baffled by it.
I agree that if two people need to cut ties, they should. But if that happens, it's then time to stop the vague jabs by ALL parties.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +5Reply
@2765089

You are such an antagonist.
I also think it's a game.;)

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply
@2765119

Please stop. Im not sure who you are talking about, but...this was supposed to be an unhateful post.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +4Reply
@2765123

Yeah..okay.
:/

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +4Reply
@2765137

Maybe a grin.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply
@2765159

Dont get it on my shit. Go find a tree.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply
@2765163

Forgive me? What did i do, jd? Oh yes...that!

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply
@2765084

I dont buy it:)

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply

Good post Carla!

@Carla Thank you, starz.

hug smilie At least you tried. But when hurt badly, it's very hard to mend fences.

@Carla I am oddly...optimistic.

Yes you are, and that's a good thing. And so am I about some things. biggrin smilie

I don't hold grudges and I don't seek revenge, but sometimes forgiving just takes a little longer.

@2765184

Until you change your ways. maniac smiliemaniac smiliepunk smilie

@StarzAbove Until you change your ways.

Yes...that's gonna happen:]

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply
@Carla Yes...that's gonna happen:]

When pigs fly, maybe. lol He and I have been fighting with each other for years, it's all in fun. lol

@2765491

Thanks for sending me that baby picture of you....lol Now everyone can see what a cutie you WERE. biggrin smilie

@2765351

OMG, your ego is way out of control. lol

@2765492

Better watch out, maniac, I'll have to smack you around all over Amirite again. lol

@2765756

I'll ask Ser to do it then. lol

@2765832

lol It's the other way around....lol

@2765868

Not me, I'm scared of her. wt smilie

@2765184

She isnt mad at you. She's mad at your politics.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply
@2765192

No...no.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply

Fact is, I have pals with different opinions on things, but that doesn’t stop us from talking about the things we like. Much needed post, Carla.

Mashas avatar Masha Agree +5Reply
@Carla Masha...what a drag it would be if we were all carbon copies, no?

Spot-on. I’ve never heard anyone who said that we should all be boring grey blobs.

Mashas avatar Masha Agree +2Reply
@Masha Fact is, I have pals with different opinions on things, but that doesn’t stop us from talking about the things we...

I agree....but there are some that are never sincere about mending fences. They might say they are, but then go right back to bullying. Pathetic.

@2765102

Ha! Love those guys...

But...thor can take it:)

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +4Reply
@2765122

He broke it!!

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply
@2765131

And he's proud of himself!

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply
@2765171

I wet myself the first time I saw that scene!

Great post Carla, but I fear that the people doing the BS are just bullies that really don't care.

@Zolfie Great post Carla, but I fear that the people doing the BS are just bullies that really don't care.

You are exactly right. It's time the true men on this post take a stand against the petty guys who do the bullying.

@2765019

No, not ever.
I kind of like you, rev;)

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply
@2765023

I dont. Y'all have been here before. Bruises heal.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply
@2765027

Scars make for stronger skin. I think a good talk could, maybe, fix things. Just sayin'. I just like it better here when there isnt so much anger. And the blocking...ugh!

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply
@2765037

Thank you, rev. I feel out of sorts when things arent plumb and level.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply
@2765036

Opponent = rival or adversary.

You have to know that the whole situation that you speak of, was like a hard wet slap to some here.
And as we all know, truth is difficult to absorb when it isnt what we want to hear.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply
@2765048

You have to understand that there was, what was thought to be a trusted friend, pulling the other arm.
I was fooled. Through the previous blogged accusations, right up until it was smeared in my face.
The person to blame is no longer a person...just a ghost.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +4Reply
@2765069

Oh..the political differences will always be. They just will.
This other business hit an emotional nerve. And i think it will stop screaming like pinched nerves do. I hope that is so.

Yes...an apology to said member/blogger, would be in order.

I already apologized to the true injured party.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply
@2765211

So lucky:)

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply
@2765211

hahaha It takes a strong man to put up with us "strong" women. loleyes smilie

Holding back isn't really a thing for me and I also compartmentalize.

We've only recently met, but my SH friend who know me really well... We've been through some shit together. Suffice it to say it would take a helluva lot more than politics to disturb the force.

If I had something to say to them like you've described, I'd pick the phone up and call them. I have it on good authority they'd do the same. lol Holding back isn't a thing for them either!

I have no idea about the rest. But consider this an invitation to anyone who wants to speak to me with a grievance. PM me and we'll figure it out. And I mean that earnestly.

@Carla You have always seemed to me to be straight talker. That is to be admired.

I try to be, people may not like what I say, but there's no wondering where I'm coming from. Thank you, btw.

@2765001

You keep doing you, him.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply
@2765010

Not my word (deplorable).
And i hope i dont come across as hateful. I really do.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply
@2765082

Trust? Anymore, that one is going to come hard. Regardless of what anyone has to say.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +4Reply

What fences? I pay so little attention to those who bicker that I just don't see it - I often skip over the arguments as I don't like that at all.

Fabulous Post Carla!

@Budwick Fabulous Post...

We can certainly go back to the line, bud.

I never really know what's going on between people on here, that are fighting or whatever and I don't go out of my way to try and find out..
Just not my thing to get caught up in that.

I rarely block anybody.
I don't care if someone doesn't agree with me on something, I don't have a problem with that..that's life.

If you're going to disagree with me about something, then feel you need to lump me in a group and call that group...Assholes, idiots etc.
I don't need to hear from you anymore.

There are some things I try to stay away from on here because if I want drama... it's going to be in a movie...not on here.