+4

A badass girl is more badass than a badass guy because she has to overcome twice the hurtles

We have WAAAY more hurtles to get over before we can truly claim to be tough. That's why when I see a badass dude in a show I'm just like....boring!!! a guy is doing what we expect him to do!! But a girl? that's awesome!

Image for post A badass girl is more badass than a badass guy because she has to overcome twice the hurtles
TomboyJanets avatar Politics
3 48

I saw that post you wrote about fear of trying too hard to be relevant.

Do you think the 'bad ass girl' thing is a symptom?

My two cent? Stop 'trying' to be somebody and just actually be yourself. I bet you will be surprised at how much you and others actually will love the real you!

@TomboyJanet Ladies and gentlemen Tony Robbins!

Except you tossed genuine advice that you didn't pay a dime for - and managed to be rude at the same time.

Have a great life Janet.

@Budwick Except you tossed genuine advice that you didn't pay a dime for - and managed to be rude at the same time. Have a...

Budwick I respect you. You know that. But I had to become a tough girl out of necessity because I have been pushed around bullied and assualted by boys. But It did start when I was really young. I did beat up boys in elementary school for hitting my friends or not allowing girls to play with them.

@TomboyJanet Budwick I respect you. You know that. But I had to become a tough girl out of necessity because I have been pushed...

I understand. And I'm flattered - seriously.

I can see how / why your defense mechanisms would be set to sensitive.

When I read that other post, I wondered if you were questioning yourself - you know going overboard for the sake of relevance.

Given our own history, I can understand if you wondered about my sincerity.

I'll try to keep my arm chair counseling under control.

We're good.

@Budwick I understand. And I'm flattered - seriously. I can see how / why your defense mechanisms would be set to...

Yeah I fly off the handle a lot too. Its cool. I'm on the defensive because I'm used to people blaming me for being raped and other crap. It's not been a smooth road so far. I feel If it had been I'd be working somewhere in hollywood by now or Silicon Valley instead of a walmart in the last NY suburb before the wilderness.

@Budwick Count your blessings! Sounds like Hollywood has been pretty brutal on women too.

But things are changing now. I thank women who are finally standing up for themselves. I think we've now created a world that empowers women more than ever and soon anyone trying to control us will fall so hard they'll need to pick up the pieces.

I think That I want to create. I want to write. I would love to tell stories and see people entertained. I don't want to have to make things other people demand me make. I want to put something new into the world. I also want to live somewhere where it never snows and has tons of hot lesbians

@TomboyJanet But things are changing now. I thank women who are finally standing up for themselves. I think we've now created a...

Interesting.
You know Hemingway had a place in Key West. The place has tours - descendants of his cats still live there. It never snows there, and it's very open to lots of lifestyles.

Oops = there I go counseling again. Just an idea.

@Budwick Interesting. You know Hemingway had a place in Key West. The place has tours - descendants of his cats still live...

Yeah but it does have hurricanes, and no rollercoasters. And no mountains to climb. Florida is more of my 4th choice. first is Cali, then Vegas, Then back to NM my old home, Then Florida, then Oregon, then I'd need to bite the bullet and try Texas, I don't hate Texas, it's the birthplace of Modern Roller derby, Austin is cool, but I don't like a lot of the people there and I sure hope the cops there aren't as corrupt as they were around Wichita falls. That place is SINISTER

@2765407

Unlike you who comments anonymously for some reason. fuckin pussy. I'm sure you thumbs upped your own comment too.

Maybe..

I just don't find it anywhere near believable in a movie, when a 98 pound girl is beating four dudes averaging 200 pounds...of muscle, not beer gut.

@DandyDon Maybe.. I just don't find it anywhere near believable in a movie, when a 98 pound girl is beating four dudes...

It actually can happen if she's good enough. But you do need to wear the guy down first. Be good at avoiding, strike fast and painfully, even the toughest will fall

@2765929

Ugh I'm so tired of hearing that excuse. Man up or shut up. Sure you knock us out sometimes I see yes you are physically stronger (for now...who knows what science will bring) but there are some girls who would lay guys flat. You honestly think women who train with weights and have bulging muscles are going to lose to the average joe guy? Because that's what I keep hearing from whiney little MRAs all the time. I actaully broke a footballplayer's nose once in high school. I think we were on equal footing. Lean muscle. Or perhaps the element of surprise.

there is a certain appeal to an underdog story here too. who wants to go with the obvious answer all the tiime. boring!! mix it up a bit! let us ladies get in the fight. You had your billions of blockbusters just let it go. God men are such whiners!

:D lol just kidding JD u know I love ya

You have no idea what hurdles guys have to jump; you're not a guy. You're a girl that looks down on guys.

@JerryHendrickson You have no idea what hurdles guys have to jump; you're not a guy. You're a girl that looks down on guys.

someone didn't read my post. I'm saying that we have to struggle more. I don't think guys really grasp what it's like to be a girl. You take a lot of things for granted. Like the fact that you can get in a cab without being scared shitless of the driver locking the doors and whisking you off. You don't go to the police station to report you got your car broken into only to be flirted with and asked if you thought the officer you spoke to earlier was cute because he's Single and then get laughed at when you call them out on that. You don't walk down a city street and have a car full of drunk teenagers follow you hooting at you asking if you want a ride for two goddamn blocks and be terrified that if you don't get in their car they'll come out and MAKE you get in.

And when I tell people about these things they just say things like "oh boo hoo it must be so hard being hot and desirable" or "deal with it!"

There was a woman who was a sex slave and she was prostituted out to someone in a hotel, and she killed him and took his wallet to escape and now she's getting LIFE IN PRISON. That's right! Until this bullshit ends life is going to be a fucking nightmare for us.

And whenever we so much as TRY to fight back we're suddenly FEMINAZIS111111!! and PSH!! Yeah Men are gonna pwn you!!!1 and you deserve it too!!"

OH yeah that's totally fair though. Right. ya huh. Totally the same thing as you know being the butt of "wife is always right" jokes. yepparoo

Sex alone doesn't make one thing better or worse, your opinion would imply what women are poor victims which wouldn't go with the strong woman agenda. You're either a strong woman or you're a weak victim. Can't be both.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Sex alone doesn't make one thing better or worse, your opinion would imply what women are poor victims which...

Not the point of the post. The post was saying because we are physically weaker its that much cooler when we can match you in anything. If we have the same guts you do it meas we are TRUELY fearless. I mean a man walks down the street reasonably assured he wont get grabbed and forced into sexual slavery. Same can't be said about us. What it gets down to Is underdogs are cooler than supermen

@TomboyJanet Not the point of the post. The post was saying because we are physically weaker its that much cooler when we can...

Combat is not about physical prowess alone, all the martial arts prove that. A man walks down reasonably assured he wont get forced into sexual slavery yes, because that's not the interest for men walking alone but rather being beaten to death. This is just your opinion, it doesn't make you any more right than I am.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Combat is not about physical prowess alone, all the martial arts prove that. A man walks down reasonably assured he...

But if someone wants to beat the common man to death he stands a better chance of surviving than the common woman, thus a better chance of them thinking twice. Another thing men take for granted. But for us, If someone wants to do it....they'll do it, and add sexual humiliation to it too. We can't just be beat up like you guys, we also have to be raped too... and that's even sicker.

@TomboyJanet But if someone wants to beat the common man to death he stands a better chance of surviving than the common woman...

On the other hand if there is a boy and a girl the boy is much more likely to be beaten up than the girl, not everything is rape rape rape rape rape.

Yes for now but things are changing. It appears more women are being elected right now because men have been so lustful.

I'll grant you that a badass female had to overcome a hurdle badass men do not. However, overcoming that one hurdle probably pales in comparison to things like having much more testosterone in the blood stream.

@2765976

Not ones as big no

@2765979

Hows about this?

BOOYEAH!!

@2766640

Every time I see a female construction worker I get excited. It's like yeah girl! That's the stuff. Its strange how even though your comment is intended as sarcasm it still kinda affirmed my beliefs anyway. I would LOVE to see more women in construction jobs, engineering jobs, more women truckers, more women driving trains, hey I love trains! Just fuck it man! Just don't let your gender be the deciding factor for your career. That's all I say. Don't be like Oh I'm a woman so I gotta look in nursing and housecleaning and bleh bleh bleh be a fuckin miner! Dig up some minerals and shit. Go work on cars, repair computers, assemble things, use those hands!

That's an assumption into too many scenarios and instances that transform people to a state of "bad-ass"ness.

Vrendowls avatar Vrendowl Disagree 0Reply

yeah but your hurtles are lower in the woman's 100 meters

you have permission to kill the next guy that tries to rape you... don't hold your breath

I don't.

Anonymous