+10

They served their idols and were ensnared by them. I support the constitution: the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. Our support of freedom means little as our children are gunned down with a frequency rivaled by the most savage war-torn regions of the least civilized nations. I do not know what the answer is but I am convinced it is not the sacrificing our children upon an altar built to a false idol.

Image for post They served their idols and were ensnared by them. I support the constitution: //the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.//  Our support of freedom means little as our children are gunned down with a frequency rivaled by the most savage war-torn regions of the least civilized nations. I do not know what the answer is but I am convinced it is not the sacrificing our children upon an altar built to a false idol.
VicZincs avatar Politics
2 33
@2765446

The NRA is a false idol; the constitution is not.

Removing the right to bear arms is not the answer, neither is blocking school exits nor is it arming teachers.

I am open to suggestion real suggestions, as to what might actually work.

@2765599

Great suggestions and I cannot argue with any of them.

I will however revisit the idea that the NRA is an idol. Many hold it as a virtuous idol and wear hats and bumper stickers honoring it. Others consider it an evil force giving it the same level of influence as Satan. Your interpretation is much more reasoned and I wish more people had your perspective

@2765301

How about some accountability to those who legally own guns but fail to take reasonable actions to secure those guns? I don't believe the parents' of a school shooter are responsible for any murder committed by their child, but they are responsible for ensuring others don't use their guns to commit murder.

It's frightening to consider that a policy might not solve the problem. But I suspect that's the case.

I love the book of Psalms and 1 / 2 Samuel. Familiar with the origin of Solomon, Vic? If not, check it out, it's a pretty astounding story.

Of course you don't know what the answer is! Even you realize that people that break laws don't care about breaking laws!

Your problem is that you refuse to look at what makes sense - giving school faculty the option to be trained and armed, put retire police officers on site (ones that would actually engage the shooter.)

Another example of an on site officer STOPPING a shooting before it got started occurred last week. You might have missed it cuz your MSM was too busy glamorizing another shooter in a gun free zone that wasn't challenged.

@Budwick Of course you don't know what the answer is! Even you realize that people that break laws don't care about...

I like the idea of intervention officers on site. Not a big fan of arming teachers, but it is their right to bear arms (IMHO) so not even sure why this is a questionable practice.

Still not convinced that those options are enough. As I said, I don;t know the answer. Your suggestion seem to have merit, how about some more ideas?

@VicZinc I like the idea of intervention officers on site. Not a big fan of arming teachers, but it is their right to bear...

How about trying some the existing ideas? BTW - It is NOT anyone's right to bear arms in gun free zones. That is why "this is a questionable practice."

One thing for sure is gun free zones are soft targets. How many more school massacres do you think will be required before progressives will take actual steps to protect kids in school?

Personally, I don't think the kids are as important to the left as dismantling the 2nd amendment. I mean, they are like a well oiled machine when there is a shooting - The left is bitching about gun laws before the victims bodies have assumed room temperature!

@2765853

Well that's a thought however it doesn't support the concept of unrestricted right to arms. I think many agree with you. It is a real conundrum.

“A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

@Piper2 “A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to...

They way you 'regulate' a militia is to have a gun yourself so you can stop them if they become unregulated.

Just saying.

@2765964

I don't know what it will take to convince you that I want you to have as many guns as you want. Or why I even bother trying.

School shootings are an awful thing, but they are basically very rare. When it comes to causes of death among youths, violence is one of the leading causes, but school shooting deaths are so rare they barely register statistically.

@Maze School shootings are an awful thing, but they are basically very rare. When it comes to causes of death among...

Really? That's your argument?

"It really not that many dead kids when you think about." ?!?

@2766140

So that where we are? These shootings aren't so bad. There are not as many shootings as people think?

Dead children. Dead. Dead.

@2766386

Ok. Good point. And this post doesn't say exclusively "school shootings"

There are still 19 minors a day killed by gun violence in the US.

@VicZinc Really? That's your argument? "It really not that many dead kids when you think about."...

It sucks when it happens, but it's a couple dozen people a year in a country of 330,000,000 people, a kid is more likely to die by being struck by lightning or stung by bees.

Money, Fetuses, and guns > lives and people's happiness = The Right Wing agenda.