Applying Makeup While Driving: Calling On All Females--- Is This A Common Practice?

I was stopped at a traffic light this morning. A woman pulled up next to me and was putting on makeup. I've seen this before. Is it a normal occurrence?

Image for post Applying Makeup While Driving: Calling On All Females--- Is This A Common Practice?
Sir_Whatzs avatar Cars & Transportation
9 37

I'm not sure how common it is. Not very, I don't think. Not nearly as common as people using their mobile devices while driving, anyway.

I must confess that I've used a lip pencil now and then, when stopped at a stoplight...

@Piper2 I'm not sure how common it is. Not very, I don't think. Not nearly as common as people using their mobile...

LOL-- it's all good, Piper!

I'm not here to judge. I'm very intrigued by this topic for whatever reason.

@Sir_Whatz LOL-- it's all good, Piper! I'm not here to judge. I'm very intrigued by this topic for whatever reason.

I am, when it comes to comes to people doing stupid stuff while driving. That would include applying makeup while driving, for sure.

Not for me....I've never done that.

@Sir_Whatz

I've seen other women do it, texting and eating....all very dangerous.

@StarzAbove I've seen other women do it, texting and eating....all very dangerous.

I've seen it many times before, too, and it struck me this morning to ask you ladies if this is like a "thing" with girls when they're driving.

like piper, if im stopped at a light and need a ~lil LiPgLo$s~ i go for it. but im quick and put it down as soon as the light turns!! i dont want to have a wreck, or to cause one. i only put on makeup at home, where im not being bounced down the road. my eyeliner requires a very steady hand so it would be silly to do it in the car, even if i didnt care about safety. tongue smilie

@Sir_Whatz

thats how i feel!!!!!! make it stoooopppp!!!!!! i cant put it on in anyone else's car either unless theyre stopped. my mom likes to do some p severe brake checks when i start putting it on d smilie

I've had women riding in my car who can put eyeliner on while I'm driving. Always amazes me they never seem to poke themselves in the eye. How do women do that?

Not for me - never has been. I get up early enough to do what needs to be done before getting behind a steering wheel.

Oh. I didn’t read it right before answering. Nope. Never
Don’t ever take my eyes off the road while driving. Just gave my Dad a lecture and example about it today.

Ive seen it. Idiotic. Actually, it pisses me off.
I dont wear make up. If i did, i certainly would put it on before i left the house.

No way.But I did see someone brush their teeth at a stop light.

I’ve done it. But only at stops never whilst driving

@Qazzie I’ve done it. But only at stops never whilst driving

Sounds like a play Shakespeare would have written

"Never Whilst Driving" clap smilie

I don’t like distracted driving period. Applying makeup, shaving, texting, whatever; only texting will throw you a fine if you’re caught.

I've seen as many men shaving while driving.

The gender of the person that doesn't kill me isn't important to me - I love ALL people that drive safely.

@Budwick I've seen as many men shaving while driving. The gender...

And the new common stupidity, using social media while driving. I swear these people need a slap to the face, a fat fine and a night in jail.

@Sunny_the_skeptic And the new common stupidity, using social media while driving. I swear these people need a slap to the face, a fat...

If they were the only ones that hurt and killed I wouldn't mind so much. But so many innocents are taken out by their stupidity.