Would you rather not be able to use your voice at all or only be able to shout at the top of your lungs anytime you say anything?

Image for post Would you rather not be able to use your voice at all or only be able to shout at the top of your lungs anytime you say anything?
74% Silence, s'il vous plais 21% Shout, shout, let it all out 5% Other
astral_queens avatar Life
7 26

Id rather not talk. Shouting hurts my head. And loud talkers put me over the edge. I would not like people thinking of me like that.

I'd rather write notes and sign .... I really hate shouting! a smilie

JanHaskells avatar JanHaskell Silence, s'il vous plais +4Reply

Shout, lol, I would hate it if I couldn't converse with people.

Better silent than violent!))

Mashas avatar Masha Silence, s'il vous plais +2Reply

I'd rather shout! XD I have things to say! lol

myhouseinthewoodss avatar myhouseinthewoods Shout, shout, let it all out +1Reply

I can write it or use sign language.

Sofias avatar Sofia Silence, s'il vous plais +1Reply

I can handle silence - not being heard.
I'm an American citizen! I'm used to it!

I had a stroke a few years ago. One of the effects has been my speech - especially when I get tired. Most people don't seem to be patient enough to let me get my words out, or my stammering makes them uncomfortable. As a result, I'm pretty quiet.

Maybe that's why I'm so reserved and modest here! hehe smilie

Budwicks avatar Budwick Silence, s'il vous plais 0Reply
@Budwick I can handle silence - not being heard. I'm an American citizen! I'm used to it! I had a stroke a few years...

mmmhmmm i know what you mean about that first part.

that really sucks. i would probably be pretty quiet too if people reacted that way.

@astral_queen mmmhmmm i know what you mean about that first part. that really sucks. i would probably be pretty quiet too if...

Yeah, maybe so. Initially it was maddening, frustrating, depressing - all kinds of "-ings".

People don't know what's wrong - how could they! They try to adjust by talking slowly, big gestures, extra loud sometimes baby talk.

Mrs Budwick (God bless her!) is very patient and we've spoken about it. She waits patiently for me to find the words and finish my sentences. And she has spoken to my kids about it and they with me.

The most difficult time is family get togethers - lot's of people, lots of conversation that moves along at a rapid pace. That's when I will generally go play with the kids and or the dogs. They hang on my every word - mis-spoken or not! Kids and pups have the purest hearts and most innocent minds - I think I win!

@Budwick Yeah, maybe so. Initially it was maddening, frustrating, depressing - all kinds of "-ings". People don't know...

sheesh i cant even imagine.

mrs budwick sounds like a GEM. im glad its at least easier with your immediate people. i would do exactly what you do during family gatherings. it sounds kinda stressful.

@astral_queen sheesh i cant even imagine. mrs budwick sounds like a GEM. im glad its at least easier with your immediate...

It was stressful at first.
But there's nothing that anyone can do to change it.

Ever heard of the Serenity Prayer?

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference"

It's all good Astral. And, you're right about Mrs. Budwick. She is the absolute best!

@Budwick It was stressful at first. But there's nothing that anyone can do to change it. Ever heard of the Serenity...

I have the serenity prayer framed and hung by my bed. It was given to me by my mother in law before she passed away. Sometimes it's hard to follow, I'm getting better at it.😊

Both maybe?

@RobertVonnik Both maybe?

BOTH?!?! unheard of hehe smilie what if you HAD to choose just one?