StarzAboves avatar Politics
6 22
@2767551

It has everything to do with Trump....get your facts straight. He gave large tax cuts to the business owners, telling people they would be getting raises..... but they used that money to give to their share holders, which most people with any sense at all, knew that is what would happen.

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT.

@2767635

Trump promised that he would bring all jobs back to America. And then this happens. The move put 1,000's of American workers out of work. The tax cuts benefit the company and their stock holders.

Straight from the horse's mouth!

SURPRISE!!! The Trickle down effect fails again!! How many times are we going to try this now? I can't wait until Trump is out and cons try to hastily distance themselves from him like they did with Bush. "Oh I never liked him he sucked!! uhhmmm Candidate X Is a True Conservative anyway unlike him"

A dear friend of mine recently became a single father to 4 boys. He's a tradesman. He's the very type that was allegedly going to benefit from Trump's tax plan. He was a Trump voter.

He got screwed in a major way and he isn't happy about it. I knew that's what would happen, but I didn't want to be right. Truthfully, my heart breaks for their family.

@ForkNdaRoad A dear friend of mine recently became a single father to 4 boys. He's a tradesman. He's the very type that was...

Yeah, if he was going to be the one claiming all the kids, then that's 20,250 lost in personal exemption along... those standard deduction (almost) doubling could help save $8,650.

The child tax credit (which they tried to keep out) lucky was forced in and doubled so assuming they're all under 17 years old... save him another $4,000 (though personal exemptions could be used until 24 or out of college, so that's lost money there too).

But assuming he was going to be the one claiming them, and assuming they're all under 17... that's a net of $7,600 in tax deductions.

Of course it would also depend on the amount of money he earned, as the tax brackets have changed as well. If he's earned enough than the difference in tax brackets might save him the difference. But if he didn't earn enough, he's going to be losing money.

@Zolfie Yeah, if he was going to be the one claiming all the kids, then that's 20,250 lost in personal exemption...

Yep, he's losing. He also has a $6k deductible on the health insurance he's required to carry for his job, but couldn't use after an injury.

Seems this system goes out of its way to punish the very people it claims to help. That's just pathetic.

@ForkNdaRoad Yep, he's losing. He also has a $6k deductible on the health insurance he's required to carry for his job, but...

Yep, though should we really be surprised?

The people in power, use the power to help themselves... while lying and claiming it helps others?

So do I. That's exactly what happened to Carrier, here in my area. Trump promised they wouldn't be moving to Mexico, had a big photo op about it. People were so happy, but they moved anyway, and a lot of Trump voters are very mad about it. 20 years on the job and now nothing.

@StarzAbove So do I. That's exactly what happened to Carrier, here in my area. Trump promised they wouldn't be moving to...

This why people have to stop taking liars like him at face value. There's a desperate need to raise awareness and securing funding for retraining displaced workers. That's the solution.

Are you surprised?

@Carla Are you surprised?

Nope, it was bound to happen, and it did. I hope the Trump supporters are aware of this, it could happen to them as well. No job is secure anymore.

Yes, this was completely expected, because businesses have been taught and trained to take care of their investors and top people, not their mid-level and lower.

It was clear from anyone who's really study business that majority of the money would either be saved, reinvested, or giving to the investors/top people as bonuses. There was little chance of much of it getting to the average employee.

Also a number of those hyped changes (certain companies raising their minimum wage) after the law was voted in... a number of those were to go into effect even before the tax changes conversation got started, and were not a result of the tax law change.

@Zolfie Yes, this was completely expected, because businesses have been taught and trained to take care of their investors...

It's so sad that people believed Trump. Gave them a few more bucks in their pay checks, which is only temporary anyway..... the story never changes, the rich get richer and the poorer get screwed.

Anonymous