+12

Great...now we're easing regulations on banks...the most TRUSTWORTHY of ALLLLLLLL industries -cough-

Gas prices are rising to. Tell me again how much better our lives are with Big Business at the helm?

Image for post Great...now we're easing regulations on banks...the most TRUSTWORTHY of ALLLLLLLL industries -cough-
TomboyJanets avatar Language
3 19

This morning, it was announced that America’s banking sector hit a new record high of $56 billion in net income in the first quarter of 2018.

This afternoon, the House is set to pass the #BankLobbyistAct to supposedly "provide relief" to the banking sector. What a shameful day.

@VicZinc This morning, it was announced that America’s banking sector hit a new record high of $56 billion in net income...

The economy is boooming.....if you're already rich.... The rest of us......oop looks like we're SCREWED AGAIN!!!

@2767199

I'm curious to know how you think deregulating banks helps average Americans.
Our triple A rating fell when republicans wouldn't pass the debt ceiling.

You actually think Obama is responsible for student debt? It wouldn't be the massive cuts to federal and state funding in 2008 causing tuition to skyrocket. Nah, couldn't be that.

So to ease the burden Trump wants to cut another 4 billion from student aid and graduate tuition will be counted as taxable income.

I'm sure that will help.

@2767750

Thanks, I needed a good laugh but I have neither the time nor inclination to educate you on the idiocy of the establishment rhetoric you parrot.
Stuffing your head with RW bullshit has rendered you incapable of rational thought, civility or adult discussion.
You don't get it and you never will.

I'm not surprised, Trump is deregulating just about everything, he doesn't give a hoot about the American people, he's all for big business.

@StarzAbove I'm not surprised, Trump is deregulating just about everything, he doesn't give a hoot about the American people...

Trump is a brand. The game is how do we carve the United States to push our brand to the top? get in big with the big wigs, ensure your loopholes are safe, keep that offshore money flowing, and keep those buddies of yours rolling in dough

@TomboyJanet Trump is a brand. The game is how do we carve the United States to push our brand to the top? get in big with the...

Trump is on his way out, some are even taking the Trump name off of the hotels. Hotels he doesn't own, just used his name. People are waking up to what a gangster, crook, liar and cheat he really is. Using the presidency to line his own pockets.

Banks need to be set straight often.

@2766667

In NJ gas prices rising as high as they are now.....is a REALLY bad omen any time of the year. NJ is supposed to have WAAAY cheaper gas than any surrounding state, but now it's climbing up to 3 per gal. Haven't seen those numbers since...... well ..... you know

And hey I really feel it at the pump dude. I'm a road tripper. I go everywhere because I like to see all sides of America. One day I'll be mixing it up with lesbians in a club the next day I'd be looking at model trains with americana traditionalists. One thing we all have in common. We don't like high gas prices. I just want someone to send a message to these oil punks out there to stop fucking with us.

The first question is who does deregulation benefit?
It certainly isn't the public.

How long will it take before this country realizes it's the system that's the problem.
Deregulation is what allowed for the well planned collapse of '08 and it's the road to corporate rule.
Bankers made billions before and after the collapse while transferring their losses to the public and not a single person was held responsible.
Corporate fines here and there were a drop in the bucket compared to profits.
Do you think they suddenly grew a set of morals?

It's obviously another land grab. They're fleecing the country just ahead of the collapse that will make '08 look like a hiccup and if people don't wake up soon it won't matter. There won't be anyone left for it to matter to.

Yea, what could possibly go wrong?

Have a link to what specifically you're referring?

@ForkNdaRoad Have a link to what specifically you're referring?

I think they are pissing and moaning over repeal of Dodd - Frank. That was the when banks were cajoled into making loans to sub-par borrowers, to make the dream of home ownership a reality.

Then - SURPRISE! - the sub-par borrowers couldn't afford their payments. Massive foreclosures, losses for of home value of everyone else.

@Budwick I think they are pissing and moaning over repeal of Dodd - Frank. That was the when banks were cajoled into making...

There was quite a bit more to it than that. Banks weren't cajoled into making risky loans, they (and their govt. GSE counterparts) were actually competing for packages of risky subprime loans to leverage in secondary markets.

An retrospective inventory of the housing crisis exhibited the same cyclical boom and bust hallmarks for which monopolized monetary systems are known. The data showed that even prime borrowers were and would have forfeited regardless of the subprime borrowers.

The primary problem with Dodd / Frank were provisions that allowed for arbitrary dissolution of nonbanking entities. imo

That said, she can answer for herself.

Anonymous