+10

I don't like the word "lit" Everyone's now like "Thats LIT!!" but when I was in high school lit just meant you were really high.

I just put a picture of a train cuz F*ck It! I like trains!

Image for post I don't like the word "lit" Everyone's now like "Thats LIT!!" but when I was in high school lit just meant you were really high.
TomboyJanets avatar Language
4 18

I have NEVER heard 'lit' in conversation before this moment.

It used to drive me nuts when young people constantly used the word 'like'. It seemed to find itself inserted, 'like' into sentences in 'like' inappropriate places.

I remember my parents getting frazzled over my sister and I using the word 'cool'. Cool has had some hang time though. People of all ages seem to use the word, which is pretty 'cool'!

@Budwick I have NEVER heard 'lit' in conversation before this moment. It used to drive me nuts when young people constantly...

Like is really more of an 80s and 90s thing. I was LIKE 3 at the height of the valley girl craze

@TomboyJanet Like is really more of an 80s and 90s thing. I was LIKE 3 at the height of the valley girl craze

I know it's old. It's old as it is irritating! My 40 year old neighbor is stuck in the 'LIKE' rut!

@Budwick I know it's old. It's old as it is irritating! My 40 year old neighbor is stuck in the 'LIKE' rut!

Bud it is kind of funny when age inappropriate words are used by older people. IE - an 80 year old saying dude. Well unless he is a way old surfer. Which nobody in my area is, but some old guys think they are being "cool or hip" allthethings smilie

Do you travel much on trains?

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply
@Carla Do you travel much on trains?

I live in new york it's pretty much a rule here lol. But I like seeing the old railways around like the steam engines they have in pa and ct

@TomboyJanet I live in new york it's pretty much a rule here lol. But I like seeing the old railways around like the steam...

Yes...i guess you do:).
My sister and her husband often travel west by train. Ive made a couple of trips. I enjoy it much more than air travel.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply

The ever changing evolution of language in its many different guises strikes again.

I dont HATE it. I just dont care for it.

I only use it if I'm not serious or joking.

TJ you are right. I wouldn't know what it means today or this week.

My kid's friends say that all the time. Fortunately, he doesn't say it that often and when he does, it's in the context of video games.

He does use the terms "squeaker," "cringey" and "sick."

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred fork OHMG I won't know what anyone is trying to say in 10 more years

A "squeaker" is another kid he refuses to play an online game with because their voice sounds "cringey" over in his "sick" headset. ;)

Every so often a new phrase or phrases come out, and they get WAAAAAAAY overused... to the point it's very annoying.

Anonymous