Have you seen Life of Pi? Thoughts?

I know this is years old, but I only recently watched it. I rarely watch movies, but this may be one of my favorites of all time. What did you think of it?

Image for post Have you seen Life of Pi? Thoughts?
ForkNdaRoads avatar Animals & Nature
7 31

Not yet. But, i eventually will.

@Carla Not yet. But, i eventually will.

You will love it, I know you will. The story is unique and fantastical, but the end poses a profound question that requires true reflection.

@2766885

Me too, I thought it was brilliant.

@2766891

Truly, even my kid enjoyed it and I was surprised because it's pretty deep.

I've just seen some bits and pieces of it.

@StarzAbove I've just seen some bits and pieces of it.

Although it's long and somewhat slow to start, it's worth the time to watch the entire movie. It's such a great story!

@ForkNdaRoad Although it's long and somewhat slow to start, it's worth the time to watch the entire movie. It's such a great story!

From what I saw, I liked, but I always turned it on just when it was about over. Next time it's on TV, I'll watch it. Thanks.

I did!! I loved it! clap smilie

@Arachnia I did!! I loved it!

Me too! And I would recommend it to anyone, that's a rare quality to find in a movie or book.

Yes. I remember that it was magical and though-provoking, and I'd like to see it again.

@Piper2 Yes. I remember that it was magical and though-provoking, and I'd like to see it again.

I wasn't aware of the book until recently and I'm thinking about snagging it as a summer read.

@ForkNdaRoad I wasn't aware of the book until recently and I'm thinking about snagging it as a summer read.

I wasn't either. I think this might be one of those rare times when I prefer a movie to the book, but I obviously won't know until I read it. :)

Yes, and I really enjoyed the movie.

Word of warning. When filming the ocean scenes the tiger was left in the water tank for too long and almost drowned.

We need to be careful when it comes to our stripped feline friends.

@2767408

No shame there :)

@2767411

Have you read the book? I haven't. Curious if that's what you mean by the idea or if you're referring to the overall theme.

@2767421

Fair enough...

How does the pic factor into the movie? Was that accidental?

@2767431

Duly noted, thanks for responding :)

No I didn't see it, but thought the commerials looked good for it. But at the time, I remember being tired of going to movies and leaving underimpressed as all the best highlights were given away in the trailers of the movies.

@Zolfie No I didn't see it, but thought the commerials looked good for it. But at the time, I remember being tired of going...

It's a good movie, Zolfie. It will leave you with more questions than answers and that is the kind of movie I like.

Oh, and the tiger is pretty awesome too.

Anonymous