Will You See Bleeding Blue - The Movie?

Bleeding Blue investigates the ongoing narrative that our police are blood-thirsty villains patrolling our communities with the purpose of exacting an almost vigilante justice against minorities.

Bleeding Blue looks at the REAL stories of police encounters. They showcase first-hand stories from law enforcement and their families. Law-enforcement officers share their experiences, concerns, desires, and willingness to bridge the gap between the police and the communities they serve.

Image for post Will You See Bleeding Blue - The Movie?
56% I support the police and want to see this movie. 11% No, I disagree with law and order 33% Other
Budwicks avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
2 28
@2766905

I agree. We don't go to movies because of the expense and crowds. I will watch this one when available for rent.

Budwicks avatar Budwick I support the police and want to see this movie. 0Reply
@2766907

Yeah - that too!

The Police are like any other group (e.g., Muslims, Immigrants, Amirite members,) most are wonderful, kindhearted people who are fair and honest; the few that are not give the whole bunch a bad name.

"One Bad apple don't spoil
The whole bunch, girl
I don't care what they say
I don't care what you heard
Give it one more try before you give up on love"

@VicZinc The Police are like any other group (e.g., Muslims, Immigrants, Amirite members,) most are wonderful, kindhearted...

Thanks so much for responding - without answering the question.

I'll put you down for 'no, I won't be going to the movie.'

@VicZinc I'll probably watch it on Netflix. It is a topic I am interested in.

Hmm, I wonder if Netflix will show it. Barack and Michelle are working with them now. And we all know Obama's opinion of law enforcement. He may - in his omnipotent wisdom, oppose the showing of a pro-police video.

It's one of those small budget, privately produced films. The kind Hollywood wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole. It may never be in general release to a zillion theaters.

Just extra information for ya. I probably won't go to a theater to see it either.

@2767082

Ted! - I laughed hard at that one.
Mrs. Budwick didn't like for some reason.
I haven't gone to a theater in a long time either.

In the theater? Probably not, I don't watch movies very often, I go to theater even less often than that.

Would I be wrong to assume this is a police movie?

@ForkNdaRoad In the theater? Probably not, I don't watch movies very often, I go to theater even less often than that. Would I...

Bleeding Blue investigates the ongoing narrative that our police are blood-thirsty villains patrolling our communities with the purpose of exacting an almost vigilante justice against minorities. Bleeding Blue looks at the REAL stories of police encounters. They showcase first-hand stories from law enforcement and their families. Law-enforcement officers share their experiences, concerns, desires, and willingness to bridge the gap between the police and the communities they serve.

@Budwick Bleeding Blue investigates the ongoing narrative that our police are blood-thirsty villains patrolling our...

Ahh, it's political?

I didn't realize that was an ongoing narrative. That said, if it's unbiased, I'll watch it.

@ForkNdaRoad Ahh, it's political? I didn't realize that was an ongoing narrative. That said, if it's unbiased, I'll watch it.

I doubt the criminals are shown in a positive light,

And it appears the movie is sympathetic to police officers.

Identity politics might make assumptions about political sides. I'd personally like to think that all political animals on pro law and order - but that's just me.

@Budwick I doubt the criminals are shown in a positive light, And it appears the movie is sympathetic to police...

These days, I'd settled for an accurate portrayal of what it means to be a "criminal;" someone convicted, not accused, of a crime.

@Budwick There ya go! That WOULD be pretty sweet!

See we agree. I'm sure we'd also agree that govt. should treat known offenders with greater scrutiny than 'suspects.'

The thing is Our police need a TOP DOWN review in this country. I have been the victim of their corruption THREE TIMES and also been MOCKED by them for filing police reports. Further more they can basically just do WHATEVER they want and get away with it. I'm more interested in getting RID of the Fraternity brothers they have up there bullying everyone and only going after things that gain them money or notoriety and banishing them from law enforcement. We need MORE good cops and LESS bullies.

TomboyJanets avatar TomboyJanet No, I disagree with law and order 0Reply
@2767384

I understand. But so far, we haven't seen anything from the side of the police, only the poor, put upon criminals.

@2767395

Hmm, Yeah, they embedded with police to see the problems from the perspective of a squad car. It didn't seem to me to be a support the police kind of thing though. It was more like how government has failed in this community kind of thing. Maybe it's a point of view difference?

@2767404

It's true I have a bias in favor of police. But I don't assume they are right 100% - no one is.

I wasn't aware that government was supposed to be creating utopias! Do you suppose that if the water situation there gets fixed, that crime will go away?

I think being a police officer anywhere is a thankless job. I mean, it's a major news item if/ when a citizen comes to the aid of police officer - I think because it happens so rarely. Although, citizens helping anyone would be news I guess.

Those incidents in Chicago were shocking. I'd still trust a random police officer over a random criminal.

@2767456

Flints problem didn't happen over night. The crime or the water situations. From what I recall they were on their way to a fix but some part of the fix wasn't ready - so they connected to a known bad water source in the interim. EVERYBODY screwed the pooch on that one. What a stupid idea that was.

But, of course in a perfect world it would have never gone that far.

IN Cleveland we have a sewer and water system that is literally over a hundred years old. The authorities in charge act as its a total surprise that the system is crumbling and in need of repair. Of course they haven't put any money away over the last 100 years to maintain the system, so they want to raise the water bills again.

I agree regarding government incompetence. I personally believe that it's rampant at every level of government. And yet the tendency is for more government control because they know better.

I would trust a random police officer over a random politician.