VicZincs avatar Law
6 106

Sounds good to me, stay in the locker room and be disrespectful.

Money talks...

NFL is losing a lot of money from the shenanigans started by Colin Kaepernick..

Who by the way blew his chance at playing again with the Seahawks because it seems he just wants to get back on a team to start more drama.
Not so much to play football..

Karma..

DandyDons avatar DandyDon Disagree +6Reply
@DandyDon Believe what you like.

Viewship down, revenue is up. Over $14B in the 2017 season.

@VicZinc Viewship down, revenue is up. Over $14B in the 2017 season.

They should be able to stick Kaepernick on a team with all that extra money..

When the NFL makes a move on something like that, it's not just for the hell of it..

If they weren't losing money, they wouldn't give a damn if everyone on both teams kneeled..

DandyDons avatar DandyDon Disagree 0Reply
@DandyDon They should be able to stick Kaepernick on a team with all that extra money.. When the NFL makes a move on...

Agreed. It is about money. Just think who much more they would have made if viewership wasn't down.

I attribute the lower viewership not to the protest, but to the protest over the protest. I stopped watching teams that did not support the players right to kneel.

@VicZinc Agreed. It is about money. Just think who much more they would have made if viewership wasn't down. I attribute...

To be honest it didn't stop me from watching at all.

I figured the people kneeling would get what's coming to them in due time.

We see it happening and we see the the main instigator of it, out of a job..

The NFL made that rule to win back fans, like it or not, because obviously more people are against the kneeling..

DandyDons avatar DandyDon Disagree +1Reply
@DandyDon To be honest it didn't stop me from watching at all. I figured the people kneeling would get what's coming to them...

I don;t know if it is obvious, but clearly the owners think so. Or at least they (with the exception of two it seems) think this is the expedient course of action.

The 49ers abstained from the vote and the NYJs said they would not charge the players a fine (would pay it out of their own pockets).

@VicZinc I don;t know if it is obvious, but clearly the owners think so. Or at least they (with the exception of two it...

I'm not sure what the fine is but it could be thousands of dollars per player and they could pay it without blinking an eye..

Just like they do now for fines they get while playing the game.

@VicZinc No evidence that NFL has lost revenue because of this.

Then maybe they did it because they thought it was disrespectful to the country to demonstrate during the anthem, while on the job, and it made the NFL appear cheap, tacky, petty and kind of dumb.

@2767181

Agree to disagree

@2767181

linn - Those who are kneeling I will call it squatting are making big money to play NOT do that.

The devil's advocate.

Would McDonald's tolerate a counter person who spoke in a manner that pissed off its customers?

@PhilboydStudge The devil's advocate. Would McDonald's tolerate a counter person who spoke in a manner that pissed off its customers?

Need more details.

So the short answer is no.

The long answer is,
If the employee was being polite and not intrusive, but the customer got pissed off anyways - they might still fire her - but they would be wrong.

@VicZinc Need more details. So the short answer is no. The long answer is, If the employee was being polite and not...

I guess having high demand skills, such as being a good NFL athlete, gets you some leeway.

I've read that the Bills, who were not thinking of kneeling during the anthem, talked about staying in the locker room to protest the rule itself.

Nice try Vic. It's not a Bill of Rights issue.

It's a company policy issue.

Take heart Vic. We saw how Starbucks turned on a dime to change their company policy - twice in the last month or so!

Who knows, maybe NFL fans will dislike no disrespect of the anthem, flag, police, the military and the country in general and the NFL will change back!

@Budwick Nice try Vic. It's not a Bill of Rights issue. It's a company policy issue. Take heart Vic. We saw how...

Exactly.

And Vic knows that perfectly well; he's just trying to stir the pot, as usual.

The server at a McDonald's counter does not have the free-speech right to protest Donald Trump in front of customers while on the job, much as Vic would love to see it happen. hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell Exactly. And Vic knows that perfectly well; he's just trying to stir the pot, as usual. The server at a...

Is that what you think? You think those taking a knee are protesting Trump? Was Kaepernick protesting Obama when he protested in the summer of 2016? Was he protesting Hillary who he thought was going to win the upcoming election?

I suppose when Rosa Parks took a seat in 1955 she was protesting Eisenhower (not the injustice of racial discrimination.)

I have an idea, why don't your take head out of my backside. Don't you have anything better to do then huff my farts to get your high?

@VicZinc Is that what you think? You think those taking a knee are protesting Trump? Was Kaepernick protesting Obama when...

Rosa Parks was not on the job when she made her protest, as you perfectly well know.

And the McDonald's example was just that, an example, not a claim that Parks or Kaepernick were protesting a president, as you also perfectly well know.

And yeah, you do f*rt a lot, but I don't huff them, I just point out how nonsensical they are. biggrin smilie

@VicZinc Dutch oven! Breathe deeply.

Nah, I hold my nose when you're around. biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell Nah, I hold my nose when you're around.

What you tell your friends is your business. We both know about your fetish.

@Thinkerbell You wish.

Don't worry I won't tell

@VicZinc Don't worry I won't tell

It matters not what you tell.

Everyone knows you are a prevaricator. biggrin smilie

@VicZinc If by everyone you mean bud. Ok.

Even your little band of slavish proggy followers know you don't tell the truth, but they don't let on because they like your untruths. hello smilie

@Thinkerbell Even your little band of slavish proggy followers know you don't tell the truth, but they don't let on because they...

Actually the people I hang out with are smart enough to know there is no 'truth' and clever enough to sort my posts with hemorrhaging from their eye sockets.

@VicZinc Actually the people I hang out with are smart enough to know there is no 'truth' and clever enough to sort my posts...

Well, if there is no truth, then why do you wax so indignant about political issues?

Surely there's no truth there. hmm smilie

@Thinkerbell Well, if there is no truth, then why do you wax so indignant about political issues? Surely there's no truth...

None. Why do you side with people who want to destroy families? Why do you like the smell if my farts?

@Thinkerbell Tut, tut, Vic... There is no truth... remember...?

I never said there was. That hasn't stopped you from you vile habbits.

@VicZinc I never said there was. That hasn't stopped you from you vile habbits.

Well, you keep insisting on things as if they were true.

When it suits you, that is. Otherwise, no. hehe smilie

"... clever enough to sort my posts with hemorrhaging from their eye sockets."

I hope I'm never that clever!

@Thinkerbell It matters not what you tell. Everyone knows you are a prevaricator.

"Prevaricator" - Another great word. I had to look it up - I learn from you all the time.

You have such a grand vocabulary! It's just one of the things I love about you Think. I mean, you can tell a prevaricator to go to hell in such a way that he looks forward to the trip!

Step by step....

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply
@2767427

Espn.com. says there are no policies. Check out the article...:)

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply
@2767427

WJ just picture the players then you will know why those sports don't complain.

@2767506

I think NBA stands for Nimble Black Athletes, doesn't it?

@2767506

Will I don't know anything of nba I do know racing and hockey.

Those dummies who squat instead are not hurting the politicians they are hurting our tradition and honor of the flag.

@2768650

I didn't know they sang the American National Anthem at cricket matches.

@2768670

Oh now that's a wicked googly!

@2768870

I think this is what Vic's followers have as an anthem:

Progs save fallacious Vic.
Long live ignoble Vic,
Progs save our Vic.
Send him, censorious,
Always vainglorious
And ever notorious,
Progs save our Vic.

@2768510

Or make everyone kneel it shows more respect.

@VicZinc Or make everyone kneel it shows more respect.

There is a time and place for things Vic.

I stand for the national anthem.
I kneel in prayer at church.

Plus, context is everything. Colin K and his proteges made it perfectly clear to everyone (except you apparently) that they knelt in disrespect.

The First Amendment is far more important than whether or not one stands during the National Anthem. It is far more important than whether or not kneeling is disrespectful. It is far more important than our personal feelings regarding this issue.

Is kneeling during the National Anthem worse than this?

Or this?

@Chris_the_Demon The First Amendment is far more important than whether or not one stands during the National Anthem. It is far...

Teensy difference - The NFL wasn't paying those dum asses.

The players could still join those protests without fear of being stifled.

Cool, eh?

@Budwick Teensy difference - The NFL wasn't paying those dum asses. The players could still join those protests without...

Very true.

And if the owners choose to fine/fire/whatever players who kneel then each person will have to decide for him or her self if it's worth it.

pce smilie

Good idea no stand for flag sit for the game.

@VicZinc Very unamerican to force people to stand .

The players work for the owners; they're employees. You are paid to do what your employer tells you to do. That's as American as it gets. When you're on company time, do what the boss says. That's all there is to it.

@2767232

They have a right to kneel.

All the NFL will succeed in doing is inviting the ACLU to sue them for violating the players rights.

@2767250

That they do. Now that the rules require them to stand they have less legal footing to argue about it.

That still sucks and in unamerican (and cowardly) of the NFL.

@2767259

Nearly. 49ers Abstained.

@JerryHendrickson If my employee wants to keep his job, he has the right to do what I say.

Yep. That's how the NFL played this one. Too bad they didn't have the balls to support the rights of their employees. We'll see how people react and that will tell us a lot about America's 'new values'.

When the first amendment falls, how far behind can the second be?

@VicZinc Yep. That's how the NFL played this one. Too bad they didn't have the balls to support the rights of their...

When you're on company time, the First Amendment doesn't apply, either does the Second. While you're on the clock, you just do your job and present yourself as the boss sees fit. When you're off the clock, you can say what you choose and play with your guns to your heart's content.
An example: My wife has her own veterinary clinic at which I sometimes help out. Occasionally I see animals that should be better taken care of. I can't scold the pet owner on company time; whereas, on my time I can say something to a bad pet owner.

@Budwick They could always kneel in the locker room! - Problem Solved! -

Like you do?

Sorry Bud, but that was too easy. You pitched it and I just swung.

@Budwick SWING, and a miss.

couldn't hear you, you got something in your mouth

I just can't stop myself. So sorry.

@VicZinc couldn't hear you, you got something in your mouth I just can't stop myself. So sorry.

It seems you are incapable of a rational response after one or two comments.

Now, I have a personal standard of not blocking. But, I may invoke ignoring your foolish comments.

not force just say if they don't want to act like an american and stand for the flag they can give up their american job and sit out the game. See how many would risk skipping a paycheck. None I bet.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred not force just say if they don't want to act like an american and stand for the flag they can give up their...

Act like an American. Like an American who protests peacefully. Like an American who get results and rights the wrongs of our society. Like these Americans?

The Boston Tea Party: Dec. 16, 1773.
The Quaker petition against slavery: April 16, 1688.
The Seneca Falls Convention: July 19, 1848.
The GM sit-down strikes: Dec. 30, 1936.
The Montgomery bus boycott: Dec. 5, 1955.
The March on Washington: Aug. 28, 1963.
Selma: March 9, 1965.
Like those Americans you mean?

or do you mean like the Americans that stood by and let the government round-up and slaughter the natives, let the lynching continue throughout the south, let the Nazis march across the world, like though fantastic Americans?

@2767434

I don't know but I suspect not. That doesn't make less American. I was responding the the argument that the kneelers where not acting like Americans. If the argument was they are not acting like people who want to keep their jobs, I would have agreed. But I think they were acting very American.

@2767513

Understood.

None of this would have happened if Trump hadn't stuck his nose into it.
We kneel when we pray, will we have to stop that as well?

@2767234

I don't know about stars, but I am.

@2767234

Yes. I would never kneel when the anthem is being played, but then I'm very patriotic. But it's every one's right to do what they think is best. Some people place their hand over their heart when the anthem is played, some don't that's their right. Some remove their hats, some don't, that's their right. Some of the fans remain seated, where is the outrage over that?

None of this would have happened had it been a white football player that had knelt. This was all blown out of proportion because of Trump. The player wasn't disrespecting the flag or the military, he was protesting the many African Americans that were killed unnecessarily. Maybe he chose the wrong platform, but that was his right.

Where was Trump's outrage when the skin heads dissed the flag. There was none.

Pence came to the Colts football game when he knew that someone would kneel so he could make a big show of leaving. It cost the taxpayers millions of dollars just to make a point and bring this to the attention of those who didn't even know what had happened.

When he was Governor of Indiana he never ever went to a football game. It's all hypocrisy on the part of Trump and his administration.

So to answer your question, if the players can't kneel over the anthem, will he ban kneeling for prayers in a church, next?

One by one he's taking away our God given rights as Americans. People need to wake up to that fact.

Anonymous