+3

If this is accurate it is a move right out of the Third Reich playbook, far more egregious than anything Obama ever did and possibly the most dastardly policy coming from this administration to date.

I get that some of you are going to think this is an appropriate response to illegal immigration. It is not. It is Nazism purr and simple.

Trump has just begun forcing detained immigrants to wear yellow insigniasThe president's most monstrous policy yet was just exposed for the whole nation to see.https://washingtonpress.com/2018/05/24/trump-has-just-begun-forcing-detained-immigrants-to-wear-yellow-insignias/
VicZincs avatar Politics
4 118
@2768423

Federal officials lost track of nearly 1,500 migrant children last year.
The Health and Human Services Department has failed to take full responsibility for their care and has delayed crucial reforms needed to keep them from falling into the hands of human traffickers.

So are the bracelets there to make it easier to identify which mothers get to hear and ICE agent say, "we lost your kid" ?

@2768523

Hatred of what? I dislike it when my government uses jackbooted policies to promote divisiveness.

I love my neighbors and want them treated with dignity. No point in preaching to the choir and the peanut gallery needs hyperbole if there is any hope of convincing them that they are supporting inhumane policies.

@2768550

Yes ma'am, er I mean officer. Thanks for keeping me on the straight and narrow.

Trump is very hitler like. The bracelets are like the Nazi star armbands. Many people support Trump simply because they believe he will turn a blind eye to their racism and xenophobia, which he gladly does.

You brought up the children issue to explain why they 'needed' armbands.

I simply pointed out that the armband use as a flag for the reason you claim they were intended for is ridiculous: first they don't identify where the children are, or even which children go with which women- and secondly ICE apparently does even know where their children are.

Given the lack of accountability, the best guess I have is they are used so ICE will know which women they can emotionally torture over the loss of their children.

There seems to be quite a few ICE agents who are no better than the Nazi scum in Sofie film.

@2768618

I never said Obama wasn't a Nazi.

I hope I implied that I think using Third Reich techniques to control and cajole the population is distasteful (at best). I sure wish you agreed, would love to have you on the side of compassion.

@2768736

The ritualized dehumanization of a minority population was the first step toward genocide in Nazi Germany. The world has seen this kind of rhetoric about immigrants - and this kind of brutal, cruel treatment of women and children. This isn’t a warning sign. It’s a crisis.

Obama did some disagreeable things, but this policy - this makes me so mad I could spit nails.

One does not need to be a parent to understand the magnitude of horror - arriving at a border crossing seeking asylum just to have your children literally dragged from your arms and replace with a 'bracelet'. No information on where your children are being taken, not information about if, how or when you will ever see them again. This is America this is the 21st century. What in the name of humanity are you defending here?

If you are seriously going to continue to argue that because my wording on this post didn't meet your literary standards that you are just not giving an inch.

Shame on you! Shame Bozette. Shame!

@2768325

If you are equating a women who risks her life and limb to secure a chance for her children to experience the American dream with a man who forces his penis into the anus of a 6 year old then we are done here.

@2768337

I am going with:

• you are assuming this story is mostly true
  • you think it is perfectly ok to warehouse human beings
    -You think it is ok to label people as criminals without formal charges, without a trial, without due process
  • you think it is ok to seperate families, parents from children, with no due process (and apparently no process at all other than marshal law) and to turn a blind eye as those children are sold into human bondage

If I am correct then I cannot even begin to fathom the depravity of a mind that believes that.

@2768354

I do not. I think he should be tried, convicted and jailed. I do not think he should be branded - that just me.

And I think people are innocent until proven guilty.

@2768359

Fine. this article claims these people are 'warehoused' before even being charged with crime.

Making them wear these yellow flags is exactly what the Nazis did to jews

@2768364

Actually, if you read more carefully I said this policy is a result of illegal immigration. I never said those being treated where illegal immigrants.

For example, the policy of checking school children for lice is the result of a lice outbreak. That doesn't mean every kid they check has lice.

@2768369

Have a great night

@2768388

Again. I don't think these people have been convicted of any crime. If they had they would be in jail or deported, not in an ICE processing 'facility'

@2768386

Your position is clear.

@2768337

So, you shouldn't be opposed to making evangelicals wear a yellow shirt, since it seems to be evangelicals who commit all the mass shootings in the country.

@2768479

It is not. But on a (somewhat) related note:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/...?noredirect=on

According to WaPo, PEW says that Evangelicals are the least likely to follow the biblical edicts to provide refuge.

@2768479

No, it isn't true, but it is as true as the statement that illegals are all here to rape and pillage.

@2770366

Listen to his speech again there gronk, you are misquoting trump, again.

@2770361

Gronk. My comment clearly stated that it was claimed by PEW in the WaPo. So I provided the source and I never said it was true.

But more to the point the survey was about Refugees not shootings - so I made no such claim.

Please stick to the topic.

@2770361

Oh gronk, go away, just go have a few more bastard kids, collect your welfare check and get off the library computer.

@2771278

You obviously don't know what you are talking about. I've never been on welfare, and none of my friends have been on welfare either.
On the other hand, unlike you, my friends weren't the school slut either trying to pretend they have any sense of decency.

If you ever want to have a civil discussion, and you want to stop your hatred of anyone who doesn't agree with you on every issues, I'm in, but if you want to keep calling anyone with a different viewpoint ignorant, then I take it as an attack, and, like your hero, I'm also a counter puncher.

@2768333

Ok start there. Still not acceptable.

@VicZinc Ok start there. Still not acceptable.

But of course Vic didn't complain when it was done during the Obama administration. hello smilie

http://www.amirite.com/820074-i...s-than/2768861

@Thinkerbell What happened to the yellow insignias, Vic?

Are you daft or just toying with yourself? Did you even read the article?

The Border Patrol and the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agencies have begun separating migrant children from their parents and placing them in military warehouses while their parents are locked away in ICE’s concentration camps. They wear the insignia to signify that their children had been taken from them.

@VicZinc Are you daft or just toying with yourself? Did you even read the article? The Border Patrol and the Immigration...

Neither... just referring to your canard in the description of your post, which you've been dodging for about half a dozen comments so far. o_o smilie

@Thinkerbell Neither... just referring to your canard in the description of your post, which you've been dodging for about half...

Well I guess both maybe.

I find it hard to believe that you can't put 2+2 together, that you don't see that trading yellow arm bands for live human babies is Nazi like. But clearly you are more hung up on my inability to construct succinctly worded sentences than you are on the government's implementation of this atrocity.

@VicZinc Well I guess both maybe. I find it hard to believe that you can't put 2+2 together, that you don't see that...

But, as I said elsewhere on this post, you didn't seem to mind the yellow insignias when they happened under Obama.

Oh, wait... they started in 2005... it was Bush's fault. xp smilie

@Thinkerbell But, as I said elsewhere on this post, you didn't seem to mind the yellow insignias when they happened under Obama...

They were not taking children from their mothers. I can't believe you are defending that. Read the article.

@2769000

I read it when he tweet it this morning.

FYI, There is no "law" requiring this. It is his policy, and he is the only one who can stop it.

He is using children as pawns to blame Democrats for what he did.

@VicZinc They were not taking children from their mothers. I can't believe you are defending that. Read the article.

Then why didn't you make your post about babies instead of yellow insignias?

And why should I believe anything in the article if they (and you) lied about Trump starting the insignias? hello smilie

@Thinkerbell Then why didn't you make your post about babies instead of yellow insignias? And why should I believe anything in...

What are you talking about? The post says "if the article is true" read the article. I don't give a crap what the headline says.

You and others here seem willing to forgive the ripping apart of families because yellow is not a bad color. Seriously WTF?

@VicZinc What are you talking about? The post says "if the article is true" read the article. I don't give a crap what the...

Repeat: why should I believe anything in the article if they (and you) lied about Trump starting the insignias?

@Thinkerbell Repeat: why should I believe anything in the article if they (and you) lied about Trump starting the insignias?

You shouldn't. Don't if you don't want to.

Why didn't you argue that it wasn't true instead of arguing that if it is true it's no big deal.

If it is true it is a huge deal.

@VicZinc You shouldn't. Don't if you don't want to. Why didn't you argue that it wasn't true instead of arguing that if...

You're prevaricating again, Vic. biggrin smilie

If you go back and read my first comment, I said that even a blogger at the Democratic Underground knew better, and linked his comment that it wasn't true.

@Thinkerbell You're prevaricating again, Vic. If you go back and read my first comment, I said that even a blogger at...

"resident Donald Trump’s most monstrous policy is finally becoming a reality. The Border Patrol and the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agencies have begun separating migrant children from their parents and placing them in military warehouses while their parents are locked away in ICE’s concentration camps. "

@VicZinc "resident Donald Trump’s most monstrous policy is finally becoming a reality. The Border Patrol and the...

Your hysterics will get you nowhere, Vic, except maybe with your devoted band of proggy followers. hello smilie

If your post was supposed to be about the children, why didn't you mention them in the title?

And why was the article you referenced entitled, "Trump has just begun forcing detained immigrants to wear yellow insignias", if I was supposed to 'f*ck the yellow band' ? Tsk, tsk, Vic. hehe smilie

Progs save fallacious Vic,
Long live ignoble Vic,
Progs save our Vic.
Send him, censorious,
Always vainglorious
And ever notorious,
Progs save our Vic.

Update: Hey, Vic, why did you abuse your authority as a mod and heavily edit your comment after the fact?

Oh, wait... never mind, you were censoring yourself. Good idea, for once. hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell Update: Hey, Vic, why did you abuse your authority as a mod and heavily edit your comment after the fact? Oh...

That is correct. I realized that I was being an asshole to you.

I apologize for losing my cool, it was immature.

It is not really an 'abuse', in the past when that happened (before I was a moderator) I would just ask a moderator to edit it for me. That is a option open to all.

If you ever feel like you've gone to far, just let me know and I'll happily make any edit you like.

Again, I am sorry I was a dick to you.

I understand this has been going on for some time. Even to refugees who go to border patrol to seek asylum. The identification is beside the point. It is the welfare of those children.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +4Reply
@2768998

No such law. It is a policy Trump's team made up. If you read the news every outlet has disavowed the existence of such a "law"

@2769202

Oh I am so sorry JD, I guess you didn't hear. I am a bleeding troll.

So tell me how you are such an expert on American immigration law? And please post the 'law' that says families must be torn asunder without due process.

I must have miss that clause in both DACA and DAPA which Obama championed so loudly that he had OP-EDs written about him from PB/ICE leadership.

You must know how hated Obama was for supporting the Deferred Action for Parents of Americans, and that last June Trump "rolled back" those protections.

@2769388

Thinking is not a strong point among doctrinaire progressives. think smilie

Just ask the Washington Press. hehe smilie

@2769388

There once was a doctrinaire proggy,
Whose thinking was clouded and foggy.
When to drink he had lots, see,
He'd yell, "Trump's a Nazi!"
And sometimes, in spots he seemed groggy.

@2769734

We seem to be picking up lots of doctrinaire downvotes.
Next they'll be calling in Antifa to beat us up. biggrin smilie

@2769734

Yes, fake news... In one of his more lucid moments, he admitted as much himself. hehe smilie

http://www.amirite.com/819981-w...dy-for/2769762

@VicZinc Oh I am so sorry JD, I guess you didn't hear. I am a bleeding troll. So tell me how you are such an expert on...

As usual, Vic isn't telling the whole story. Those DAPA "protections" never went into effect in the first place.

"The [DAPA] program was announced in November 2014 by President Barack Obama, along with a number of immigration reform steps including increased resources for border enforcement, new procedures for high-skilled immigrants, and an expansion of the existing Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.

Several states have filed lawsuits against the federal government, arguing that DAPA violates the Constitution and federal statutes. A temporary injunction was issued in February 2015, blocking the program from going into effect while the lawsuit proceeds. A U.S. Supreme Court 4–4 split decision in June 2016 effectively left the block in place.

On June 15, 2017, the Trump Administration announced that it was rescinding the Deferred Action for Parents of Americans order."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D...s_of_Americans

Another thing Vic isn't telling, is that the immigration wrangle among politicians isn't about humanitarianism, it's about votes and political power. Would Obama have "championed" DAPA if the people affected would mostly vote Republican someday? Don't make me laugh.

@2769202

Since Vic seems partial to Nazism analogies, perhaps it doesn't bother him that most of what he says is bs for the same reason that it didn't bother Joseph Goebbels. think smilie

@2768347

Why? People need to face the facts, that's exactly how Hitler started.

@StarzAbove Why? People need to face the facts, that's exactly how Hitler started.

It seems unlikely that the USA will be moving to ovens.

However, and maybe worse, there are now several reports the many of these children have gone missing and might be being sold by unscrupulous guards to human traffic rings.

@VicZinc It seems unlikely that the USA will be moving to ovens. However, and maybe worse, there are now several reports...

Maybe that was a little strong, but that's the way Hitler started and it might seem unlikely, but look at all the things Trump has done so far, I wouldn't put anything past him.

@2769846

No I am not. I have strong opinions but I do not suppress other's opinions. I promote opinions that I disagree with to the home page and make them post of the day.

I don;t delete opposing comments and I admit when I am wrong.

I never promote my own posts to the home page. If they are promoted it is only by the administrators.

@2771934

I respectfully disagree. I do not do that. Never have and never will.

@2772648

Just to be clear, I may have misinterpreted your comment above.

I certainly have deleted a post that I made, after you kindly and correctly pointed out that the information I used to make that post was dead wrong.

I did not deleted it to hide comments of those who disagreed, I removed it because I was ashamed of my own lack of integrity, and I thanked you for correcting me. If I was not a mod I would have asked a mod to delete it. It was a bad post. I was wrong to have posted it in the first place. You were right to have disagreed with me and pointed out my error.

I would not removed a comment on my own or anyones posts simply because I disagreed with the comment. I would only remove comments if they violated ToC.

I publicly admitted that I removed a post I had made because it was wrong, and again I sincerely thank you for you comment that made my egregious error clear to me.

Key word...ILLEGAL..

When you do illegal things, you'll have to deal with consequences you won't like.

Most people think about those consequences before hand and that's how they remain legal.

Also. comparing any president to Hitler is borderline insanity to think that and it doesn't have any shock value to any sane person..that doesn't have your same views.

Another bungled job for ZuperZinc? biggrin smilie

Even a blogger on the Democratic Underground knows better.

https://www.democraticundergrou...0657156#post17

@Thinkerbell Another bungled job for ZuperZinc? Even a blogger...

You like it when grown man rip children from their mothers arms make them both cry out in anguish and fear? You are one depraved fairy.

@VicZinc You like it when grown man rip children from their mothers arms make them both cry out in anguish and fear? You are...

If that happened, it didn't start with Trump.

Besides, Vic, the post was about Trump having "just begun forcing detained immigrants to wear yellow insignias," or has that nonsense quietly fallen by the wayside?

Dodge, Vic, dodge. hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell If that happened, it didn't start with Trump. Besides, Vic, the post was about Trump having "just begun forcing...

Please stop lying. You are getting off on those immigrants suffering the mental anguish of having their families ripped apart. You think it is fair for their crime of being not white.

@Thinkerbell I see you took my dodging advice, Vic. Way to go. What happened to the yellow insignias?

As you and your evil friends know, they are being traded for live children. Some of whom are sold into sex trade while you laugh .

@Thinkerbell I'm laughing at your squirming attempts, Vic. Now it's righteous indignation.

Laughing while children and mothers suffer. That's what I said. Spin your sick game any way you want.

@VicZinc Laughing while children and mothers suffer. That's what I said. Spin your sick game any way you want.

Yeah, yeah, I know Vic... they don't need no stinkin' badges.
Just motor-voter registration.
That's what your fuss is really about. biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell Yeah, yeah, I know Vic... they don't need no stinkin' badges...

Can't defend your baby trafficking stance so move to racist imagery, nice.

We are done here. Enjoy your klan meeting or where ever you are headed next.

@2768968

They are taking the children and 'misplacing them

What the fuck is wrong with you people?

@2768980

With all due respect JD these are people arriving at the boarder seeking asylum. They have not even been processed yet. They are asking permission to be let in, not sneaking across.

@2768990

" they are legally supposed to find sanctuary in the first country they arrive in."

You killed a lot of bullshit with that fact..

People seeking asylum don't arrive somewhere acting like it's just a water break (as if they're in a marathon) and move on to go somewhere else..

Who would put poor suffering kids through something like?

@2769173

Under Obama those bracelets were just fashion accessories.

The kids were a lot stronger back then too.