Mashas avatar Music
6 30
@2770176

chuck tom. How about your tax bills, don't you look at them to see how much goes to schools vs other expenses? I get mad that the schools take so much, I have no kids but I have to pay for all these kids school forever.

@2770341

I worked at my city hall for most of my career so I got to see how the tax was set up. Far as I know nothing has changed. Someone got cut every year usually from important areas while schools still got money to play football. What a waste in my mind.

@2770328

Oh that was a savings for sure. Who are the illegals going into canada?

@2770377

ChuckTom thank you, I didn't realize people from so far away were going to canada. As with those who come to Maine they don't stay too long cause of the cold.

@2770355

OH well just too many of them- the parents expect more all the time. Not my job I didn't have kids.

@2770365

OK they aren't all that educated as it is.

As far as I know, because I have no children - and don't know any children. OK by me.

Adult centered. Children have their advocates, but adults run things and do so for their own benefit. I could make a joke about our PM, but I'll resist the urge.

@Maze Adult centered. Children have their advocates, but adults run things and do so for their own benefit. I could make...

Selfish of them I say, yet, ‘tis nature’s way...
No matter how quick or bright a species may be, the adults will ever run things, from what I see.

@2770378

Do you know more now than you did 10 years ago? I know I do.

@2770390

Disillusionment is a good thing, it means you've conquered an illusion you were operating under, thereby shifting your mental model a notch closer to reality. The more disillusioned you get, the more of a realist you become, and the better equipped you are to deal with reality.

Definition of disillusion

: to free from illusion; also : to cause to lose naive faith and trust

https://www.merriam-webster.com...ry/disillusion

@2770396

We live in strange times, and I think it's good to have something unchanging to hold onto. On a purely rational level, I think it's a good philosophy. Also, there's something about making the conscious decision to believe something you can't really prove that's liberating. It's hard to explain, but it casts your other beliefs in a different light, you realize that your beliefs are a choice.

"for I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
-Thomas Jefferson

@2770915

"The right thing" as described in Christianity is way more right than the average person's natural inclinations. How many people are naturally inclined to love their enemies? How many people feel compelled to forgive those who've done them wrong? Not many.

@2771130

"that which comes naturally often needs correction?"

Lots of undesirable things come naturally. When you buy a piece of undeveloped property, do you just sit down under a tree and live in the woods? Or do you put in a driveway, a yard and a house? Do your improvements mean the land is inherently bad? No? But you'd be a lot more comfortable on a cold winter's day in a nice warm house than you would be standing around in the woods. So it is when you improve things.

Every country is "adult centered" ... because adults are the ones who run the country.

Walt_OReaguns avatar Walt_OReagun Adult-centred +3Reply

adult children. with "safe spaces" for people who haven't grown up yet and need to be coddled, when things don;t go their way

Anonymous