A question for long time Amiriters or management. Which was better? When Amirite was mostly teenagers, or with the 4 year olds you have now?

Either way, how do you put up with all the whining, attention craving, and drama?

Image for post A question for long time Amiriters or management. Which was better? When Amirite was mostly teenagers, or with the 4 year olds you have now?
30% Teenagers 40% 4 year olds 15% About the same. 15% Other
0 21

when i see whining, attention craving, or drama, i usually just ignore it and move onto something that's more interesting. im often shocked at what i see grown-ass people put in comments on here. they sometimes remind me of the teenagers from amirite's past.

astral_queens avatar astral_queen About the same. +7Reply

I've only been a member for less than three years.
We have some very bright young people here that add great insight and a different perspective than old farts like me.

I think the immature people that make posts whining or complaining, sort of like this one, while hiding behind anonymity, tend to weed themselves out.

@Budwick I've only been a member for less than three years. We have some very bright young people here that add great...

Wow, the world must be coming to an end, we agree on something again, actually two things, the complaining posts and that you're a old fart!hehe smilie

How's your weather Bud? Have you been affected by that tropical storm at all?

@Flrdsgns Wow, the world must be coming to an end, we agree on something again, actually two things, the complaining posts...

Isn't it great that we can laugh with each other?

Weather has been pretty hot - it started for the holiday weekend. We're supposed to see some remnants of the tropical storm tonight or tomorrow I think. If it cools things down - I'm OK with that.

@Budwick Isn't it great that we can laugh with each other? Weather has been pretty hot - it started for the holiday...

Still waiting for the heat at the beach, May gray looks like it will lead into June gloom. Mountain house though is starting to get nicer weather, temps in the high 70s and low 80 coming next week.
Luckily, I'm in the mountains the next few days, but sadly have to be at the beach most of next week, guess I'll just have to keep that jacket handy.
Stay cool and stay dry Bud

The fights were just as intense, just about different things. But a lot less name calling. The teens were more civil to each other.

@2771584

What kind of cookies? Chocolate chip hopefully?yum smilie

I must be oblivious to it, I rarely pay attention to the interactions between the members here, I mostly keep to what concerns me.

Not sure I qualify as a longtime user...

How come no mention about the wimps who post anon?

I wouldn't know, since I wasn't here when it mostly teenagers. I'm quite sure though, that adults sometimes acting like petulant children is not exclusive to this site.

I wasn't here in the "Old Amirite", but if I had to bet, teenagers. They normally grow and mature. The "4 year olds" that I see around are already adults. That's as far as their maturity goes apparently.

4 year olds. Much more pathetically entertaining

VooDooYoos avatar VooDooYoo 4 year olds +1Reply

What really gets my goat is the entitled adult mentality.

Age never mattered much... drama comes with all ages.
I don't entertain much drama and usually don't know about most of the drama that takes place on here.

I thought it was pretty good at the time when there weren't many anonymous posters.