What did you wear as a teenager?

Image for post What did you wear as a teenager?
ThePrinceofWaless avatar Fashion
7 61

We were only allowed to wear skirts and dresses at school, and they had to touch the floor when standing on our knees. (We rolled up our skirts until we heard the clatter of keys hanging from the belt of the girls' vice principal.) We wore jeans, pedal pushers, and shorts on the weekends.

Same as those above. And the occasional "leisure suit"

Converse All Stars.

I've always been a jeans and t-shirts kind of gal. I distinctly remember wearing this t-shirt ragged.

@2772645

My family hated it, always said I looked like a nomad :)

@Zolfie Nothing wrong with jeans and a t-shirt!

I love the way a decades-old cotton t-shirt feels, if it were up to me all t-shirts would be made of that fabric. lol A guilty pleasure of mine.

@ForkNdaRoad Yep

Okay, I just the decades old thing through me... I've bought a couple of shirts like that, brand new xp smilie

Love them on relaxed days, or when it gets extremely hot out... but can't use them for work/professional days.

@Zolfie Okay, I just the decades old thing through me... I've bought a couple of shirts like that, brand new Love...

It isn't the same when you buy the soft T out of a store though. But T's that are 10 or more years old have the most comfortable texture. It's the type of fabric that can't be bought. lol

@ForkNdaRoad It isn't the same when you buy the soft T out of a store though. But T's that are 10 or more years old have the...

I'll have to take your word for it. smile smilie

But I think I got on shirt that fits what you're talking about, even though it's not that old... it started soft but with wear it become really soft really fast... almost seems a bit wore out.

I remember I had a goofy haircut. Something like this, only shorter. It was called a poodle cut. lol I got teased a lot by some boys, and after about the third day, I combed it down. lol

@StarzAbove I remember I had a goofy haircut. Something like this, only shorter. It was called a poodle cut. lol I got...

I'm sorry they teased you... but hehe smilie poodlecut...

Poodles are funny make fun of biggrin smilie ... though they're extremely smart, so you gotta watch-out, they'll get you back smile smilie

@Zolfie poodles

Cute graphic. I've always found poodles to be rather snarky. lol

@StarzAbove Prissy. lol

I wonder if they get that from their training xp smilie

@Zolfie I wonder if they get that from their training

I always think of a poodle as being pampered more than most dogs. lol

@StarzAbove I always think of a poodle as being pampered more than most dogs. lol

Well that is their rep... and it's probably true. Because some people get or avoid dogs based on their rep.

Like Rooster, we wore bell bottoms, well the girls did. And Beatle Boots. Bleeding Madras Shirts were big then too.

@2772015

You mean, Cher didn't invent them?

@2772043

Musician and politician Sonny Bono was once wed to singer Cher and in 1994 was elected to U.S. Congress as a representative from California. Born in Detroit, Michigan, in 1935, Sonny Bono started his career as a singer in the mid-1960s with then-girlfriend Cher.

CITATION - https://www.biography.com/peopl...y-bono-9542076

@2772079

Yes, the reminder to "thud' you gave me last week still sticking.

@2772011

I remember too walking the halls in school and other kids would pull that loop between the shoulder blades. The 'greaser' kids called 'em "fruit loops".

And Hush Puppies.

Skirts and dresses.

I was a teenager 3 years back and I still wear many of the same clothes. Jeans and really loose shirts and sweaters. Only now I wear a lot of the Traditional Salwar Kameez and a Hijaab, earlier I did not.

I shopped at thrift shops a lot.
I wore a red leather jacket
Bootleg jeans
T-shirts
Boots

Mostly jeans... sometimes other clothing xp smilie