VicZincs avatar Law
3 14

I think she's (or at least her statement) is extremely and shockingly ignorant...

Suggesting sex is just when she's not in the mood, vs someone being forced... there is a huge difference, and while she probably has a point that, not in the mood thing happens a hell of a lot, she's completely wrong to dismiss the forceful and violent ones.

This woman is insane

No. Just, no.

I think her compaints about the system are correct, but her solution is wrong and dangerous.

Rape has long been used in war as a measure of control, domination and conquest.
There is a difference between bad sex and rape but I'm not convinced that she knows that difference. Rape is a lot more than just annoying to quite a lot of women and she's right, she seems to trivialize it. Poor women in her sphere.

I think I sort of get what she is trying to say. There DO seem to be varying shades of what defines rape.

She really lost me there though, with several things she said. That rape leaves no "injury", for instance. I disagree with much of what Greer said, and agree with those who've said her views are "dangerous". Potentially dangerous, anyway.

In my own observing, I've seen the victim face demeaning humiliation as a result of speaking up while coming to terms that it happened. It can cause a devastating ripple effect. Victims of rape don't speak up already now, silently destroying them as they try to forget and move past it. It takes time and will to not let a trauma affect your life. I do see the point, but it is very gender biased, men get raped too. Some actual repercussions is better than none. It still won't guarantee that anyone comes forward.

She is a brain damaged idiot.Is it lazy and insensitivewhen a child gets raped or an elderly person or someone in a nursing home?.

Such as just daring to even look at a woman? Mind raped.

No. I think it might be time for Germaine to get her head out of her ass.

She said - “Most rape is just lazy, just careless, insensitive. Every time a man rolls over on his exhausted wife and insists on enjoying his conjugal rights he is raping her. It will never end up in a court of law.

“Instead of thinking of rape as a spectacularly violent crime, and some rapes are, think about it as non consensual … that is bad sex. Sex where there is no communication, no tenderness, no mention of love.”

Germaine I believe is out of touch with reality and focused on her own issues. Rape is not bad sex between husband and wife.

@Budwick No. I think it might be time for Germaine to get her head out of her ass. She said - “Most rape is just lazy...

I took that as her point. Today people are calling any unsatisfactory sex "rape". She wants two levels of crime, forced violence as a higher level and what Ivana said she experienced as a much lower level.

I don't know that I agree with her, but that's what I took from the article.