+9

Adversaries are not convinced by over-the-top rudeness. Being mean has never been an effective tactics for persuasion or debate. Yet disgusting insults are so normal now that it is a daily occurrence in social media and talk shows. I blame the anti-PC crowd, see what you have wrought? An end to civility.

Image for post Adversaries are not convinced by over-the-top rudeness. Being mean has never been an effective tactics for persuasion or debate. Yet disgusting insults are so normal now that it is a daily occurrence in social media and talk shows. I blame the anti-PC crowd, see what you have wrought? An end to civility.
VicZincs avatar
4 21

For civility to be real civility, it has to be felt. Shutting the mouths of the people will only make us way more angry.

Definition of politically correct
: conforming to a belief that language and practices which could offend political sensibilities (as in matters of sex or race) should be eliminated
https://www.merriam-webster.com...ally%20correct

Definition of polite
1 a : of, relating to, or having the characteristics of advanced culture
b : marked by refined cultural interests and pursuits especially in arts and belles lettres
2 a : showing or characterized by correct social usage
b : marked by an appearance of consideration, tact, deference, or courtesy
c : marked by a lack of roughness or crudities polite literature
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/polite

You don't have to be polite to be politically correct. There is a lot of emphasis on political correctness these days, precious little emphasis on politeness.

@Maze Definition of politically correct : conforming to a belief that language and practices which could offend political...

I thought this was about PC vs Macintosh, like in the Naughties... Why, oh why, do these terms have to change...

@2772657

I am not sure I get your point. Are saying that you like all the name calling or that you think it's OK because 'they' started it?

@2775820

Violence is never the answer.

@2776191

Sorry, I understand now, for a minute I thought we were talking about a fourth grade girl, I forgot about those lunatics wanting to KILL me. They better hope I don't find a sword.

pot meet kettle?

@Thedudeyouhatetomeet pot meet kettle?

Both pot and kettle are guilty. Aren't we all getting tired of it?

@VicZinc Both pot and kettle are guilty. Aren't we all getting tired of it?

Why yes, I am! You imply that you are too. Yet, here you are dragging out a photo of some unknown person wearing an offensive T-shirt, as if he represents anyone else other than his own dum ass.

I do NOT blame 'the anti-PC crowd'.

Roseanne and Samantha Bee are vile pigs. They've always been vile pigs, and probably will continue to vile pigs. Kathy Griffin too.

@Budwick Why yes, I am! You imply that you are too. Yet, here you are dragging out a photo of some unknown person wearing...

I didn't bring up the pot/kettle argument.

And those shirts where for sale at most Trump Rallies during the campaign months. So clearly no one form the Trump camp fund it offensive enough to put a stop to it.

You knew what he was before you voted for him. I don't need to re-hash all the "vile pig"-like rhetoric that came from him and his camp.

@VicZinc I didn't bring up the pot/kettle argument. And those shirts where for sale at most Trump Rallies during the...

I know he is no angel. He's tough on the edges and uncoventional. Most of the "vile pig"-like rhetoric I think have been extrapolated by never Trumpers.

For example, he never said Nazis are nice people.
Never said Mexicans are rapists and murderers.
The media SAID he did - but he did not.

Never once saw those shirts at Trump rallies.

BTW - how many rallies did you see those at?

Rudeness and insults have become the norm.... the world's gone mad.

You're assuming that level of 'rudeness' is coming from someone who's trying convince others. In my experience, that's usually not the case.

They don't want to persuade or to be persuaded, they resort to the last refuge because that's their true opinion / belief...All the politics, religion etc. are used to reinforce those opinions, not the other way around.

@2773302

Yep. Those people had yelled - "does the whiny snowflake need a safe space because someone called him a pussy." Reap what they sowed, now when a comedian says a bad word everyone is all "you own me an apology".

Well they are right, being rude is wrong and they do owe and apology. And those who said P/C is for pussies are wrong. PC is called being polite.

@2773302

Just gonna leave these here...