+24

We gotta draw a line somewhere on qualification for Congress... I say pedophilia is an automatic disqualifier. Thoughts?

Pedophilia shouldn't be a political platform. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that this guy needs the ever-loving dog mess beat out of him. Just a thought...

FACT CHECK: Is Congressional Candidate Nathan Larson an Admitted Pedophile?A Virginia congressional candidate served prison time for threatening to kill the president and holds some highly unconventional viewpoints about children and sexuality.https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/nathan-larson-candidate/
ForkNdaRoads avatar
7 85

Candidate Larson would be in "Heap Big Doodoo" if he were to enter my space.

@2772970

I didn't believe it at first, I thought it has to be some sort of hoax or something. Then when I started searching further... It is sick, it's horrifying, as was his marriage from the sounds of it.

I don't know what's in the water in VA, but you won't find a creature like that walking upright where I come from.

what the entire fuck
what a piece of trash

I can't wait to see if somebody tries to defend this dip wad I mean candidate.

Where do these creeps come from and who in their right mind would vote for such a disgusting pervert?

@2773249

You're damn right it would, what other kind of crime is there? lmao

@2773266

Perhaps it's you who is sounding like me. All my friends know I don't support thought crimes. lol Nor do they...

@2773270

That's debatable...

@2773276

LOL, when did I ever claim to be a tolerant liberal?
lmfao

Him, you've known me for how many months now? At what point were you ever under the impression that I was tolerant? lmfao

@2773282

Your above certainly was.

Who is "they?"

@2773286

Do you disagree with her? Is it hypocritical to say that pedophiles are scum?

Sounds completely reasonable to me. I think you're looking for something to take issue with.

@2773385

I've known her a long time, years now. We don't share identical opinions, but she has never disrespected me for it. And we have some pretty fundamental disagreements.

The difference is we aren't talking about just any person for any old pet-issue grievance... this is someone who preys on children. It starts and stops there.

@2773449

Now you're just being ridiculous.

I agree he shouldn't be allowed to be seated in political office. But while he's believes are HORRIBLE.

I give him credit and thank him for being open and honest about them, when he could probably simply lie (like a lot of politics do) when believing in some horrible stuff. Because of his honest, at least this way I know that I never want to vote for that guy.

Being a pedo already does disqualify someone from public service, the guy has no chance of being elected.

Ironically though, due to the way the system works behind the scenes, being a pedo isn't a disqualifier for holding public office, in fact it's almost a prerequisite.

Sounds crazy, right?

The elite like to have politicians in charge that they control, and that requires dirt, (secret dirt obviously, unlike that guy). What's the best dirt to have on someone? ... Consequently, politics is full of pedos.

Wow. Yeah, I have plenty of thoughts about the guy and his views..and my pervading feeling is of course revulsion.

Perhaps restoring voting rights to convicted felons, doesn't have to be an all or nothing proposition. I know there is nothing in the Constitution, or law that prevents convicted felons from running for federal office.
Considering the ammunition his opponents have, I can't imagine Larson getting even close to actually winning . Still, it is sickening that he even has a platform, for sure.

@Piper2 Wow. Yeah, I have plenty of thoughts about the guy and his views..and my pervading feeling is of course...

It's terrifying to think we live in a society where he felt as though he could openly espouse such sickness free of consequence. What's more, appears so far, he was right.

I'd love to agree about the impossibility of him winning office, but then I think about who our current potus is and how certain so many were of his ineligibility, you know?

Scary times...

@ForkNdaRoad It's terrifying to think we live in a society where he felt as though he could openly espouse such sickness free of...

Yes. Seems to me that there have been some pretty sick views espoused and supported though, throughout time. I've often wondered if it's because there are so many more of us humans now, and easily accessed news about 'we' do, that makes it seem so much worse these days.

This does sound very familiar, however, what this Larson scum person said: “A lot of people are tired of political correctness and being constrained by it,” he said. “People prefer when there’s an outsider who doesn’t have anything to lose and is willing to say what’s on a lot of people’s minds.”

@2773242

Yep yep yep....SCUM person. I may be able to pity someone who has a sexual attraction to children....if they know it is wrong, fight against it, and do not act on it. Seems this guy is totally unashamed of his pedophilic desires, however. He also advocates classifying women as the "property" of their fathers or husbands once again, taking away their right to vote, being able to physically "discipline" them without legal consequence, has bragged online about raping his wife, and thinks threatening to kill the president is civil disobedience.

Nah, never once have I claimed to be tolerant of everyone and everything. You may have an all or nothing attitude, but I do not.

"No, I don't disagree at all. Again, if i would call a fellow human being "scum", I would be severely reprimanded by her. The difference is...I fully admit I am a bigot. Those who would reprimand me think they do no wrong. Well, according to THEM, it's ok to call a fellow human scum, as long as THEY don't like him."

That's some pretty presumptuous stuff you said there, Mr Him, about what I would do, and think.

@2773577

Do I, now. You say that a lot, I've noticed, when someone doesn't reply to your *giggling and often rather insulting replies to your liking.

The only thing I'm blaming you for, is what you've said. How about actually answering in response to what I said in reply for a change, instead of trotting out your broken record slippery slope, "liberals" are to blame for every societal ill spiel.

I'm glad that some media outlets are exposing Larson's views and history. Otherwise, there would be voters who would not be aware of them, don't you think? I suspect I have a little more faith in the numbers of reasonable, rational people that do and will continue to exist, than you do.

How's this for presumptuous? This guy has some views that I think you might share, based on things you've said.
Larson: "Many boys end up fatherless because feminists encouraged female sexual promiscuity and undermined husbands' authority over their wives," he said. "Guns don't kill people — feminists do." wink smiliewink smiliewink smiliewink smiliewink smiliewink smiliewink smilie

@2773743

*Sigh...

@2773242

Children can't consent to sex of any kind, again, that's the obvious distinction between homosexuality and pedophilia.

Touching a child is an act of force, two consenting adults bumping uglies is not.

@2773263

If they raped someone, yes.

Though you didn't name Clinton or Trump in your initial comment wherein you attempt to liken lgbt people to pedophiles... a gross misrepresentation. imho

@2773274

What is it that I'm failing to accept, exactly.

@2773281

No one every said they weren't human beings, only that they are guilty of committing acts of force that homosexuals aren't guilty of committing.

@2773291

The only one talking about banning those we disagree with is you.

@Piper2 Yes. Seems to me that there have been some pretty sick views espoused and supported though, throughout time. I've...

I definitely think the fact that near everyone is carrying around a camera makes things that seem worse than they actually are.

I also think constant denigration of nonviolent lifestyle (polygamous, lgbt etc.) has given undeserved power to those who would equate the nonviolent with rapists.

Hate sells and the uninformed will always outnumber the rational.

@2773034

Do I detect an urban dictionary addition?

@2773076

Just couldn't help yourself, hmm?

@2773079

Liberalism definitely created this country, not society. You can thank Boomers for that ;)

@2773227

Acts of force aren't protected freedoms.

Thus the obvious distinction between homosexuality and pedophilia.

@2773262

Homosexuality isn't rape.

@2773269

Of course, rape is an act of force. All rape is force, no one here ever suggested rape is not force, only that homosexuality is not rape.

@2773279

No, when you equate pedophilia with consensual homosexuality it's disgusting... and that is what you did it.

@2773288

I never said it was, but mine comports with the law.

And the law didn't stop at pedophiles, anyone who commits physical force against another is guilty of a crime.

@2773383

You were most definitely injecting law when you stated:

"I said a long time ago that gay marriage will eventually open the door to legalizing pedophilia."

Don't try to reroute now, you were talking all about the law in your comments here.

@2773386

You most certainly made the statement above. Those are your words above, not mine.

I sure did focus on it and because you were wrong to inject that into this conversation knowing fully well it would create this very discussion. That is what you wanted, right? Well now you have it and you say that wasn't the goal?

Forgive me for being forward, but that's a steamy load of shit if there ever was one. You knew exactly what you were suggesting. And you knew it was irrelevant, you said so yourself.

@2773447

I'd just like to see this alleged hypocrisy you're referring to. You know, other than your own...

@2778217

If you say so... What you've presented sounds a lot more like a straw-man than hypocrisy.

@2778288

When you deliberately misinterpret the words of someone with the sole intent of attacking them, not for what they meant or supported, but for your faulty misinterpretation of it, that is by definition a straw-man, but that isn't a "liberal dodge" it's basic reasoning.

I also have a list:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L...ring_fallacies

@2773290

Pedophiles aren't gay because they prey on children of the same sex.

No one ever said homosexuals are incapable of rape, only that they aren't equal to pedophiles.

Those are some awfully fine straws you're grasping at...

@2773290

Why did they ever let that one out of prison

I'll go with Linn on this one. No breathing for that douchenozzle!

@2777161

I don't mind them wanting it, but I'll admit I'd love to know why...

Gert elected he should get to prison for life . an admitted child molester has no place in this world.