If someone insults you and uses free speech to justify it, how would you respond?

47% Comment 53% Other
Mashas avatar Jokes & Humour
9 25

I'm not so emotionally fragile that I need the law to prevent people from insulting me. Do your worst, it's just words.

@2773160

Or swallow themhehe smilie

@2773166

Ouch!!!! That hurt!shock smilie

Sticks and stones...

I recall telling people, that Johnny is a dick, who enjoys his misery. Let's see... Those were words, correct?

I try not to react and to remember that someone can't insult me unless I care what they say.

There are people whose opinion I value so I feel insulted when they speak harshly. After a few times I tend to lose respect for them and their words lose their sting.

@2773225

Exactly. A wise old bird told me that the Constitution allows free speech but doesn’t mention the consequences because it acknowledges our animal nature (credit where credit’s due lol) for what it is: social, cruel at times, self-serving, and indifferent to feelings. It essentially reminds us that nature will take its course, later amendments and common sense be damned. A world with truly unlimited free expression is truly unlimited chaos. Just IMO.

@2773297

Happens all the time at work. All in good fun.))

Depends on what they said. Most of the time nothing. Though if I have a second to spare, i'll give'em a free insult too. Hey a free shot, is a free shot.

Free speech means you can use words as you please but it's a delusion to think that this freedom saves you from consequences.

I'd just let them. Free speech is free

I would excercise my free speech to tell them not to take what I say personally but that I think they are a right fuckwit

I would say most unpleasant words back in what else they could put in their mouth aside from their foot.

Vrendowls avatar Vrendowl Comment +1Reply

Not worth my time. Why should I make every insult a problem to myself.

It happens here every day!
It happens to a lot of us every day - and because we're blocked we never even see it.

Democrats have built a new platform around insult, despicable lies, innuendo, character assassination, etc. THAT can't be ignored - that can not be allowed to become the new normal for politics.

Anonymous