+8

Stubbornness is just as deadly to a relationship as cheating, lying, selfishness, or money. It's a dagger all it's own that says "who needs you"?

When one or both is being stubborn, NOBODY WINS.

Image for post Stubbornness is just as deadly to a relationship as cheating, lying, selfishness, or money. It's a dagger all it's own that says "who needs you"?
VooDooYoos avatar Relationships
5 18
@2775111

Perfect.

@2775111

I agree with all 3. Sometimes they end in a long belly laugh. maniac smilie

Unless you take it to extreme measures, stubborness can be worked around. Lying and cheating aren't in the same ballpark. If someone is so stubborn that it will likely end the relationship there is probably other issues that would have come into play anyway. Like a lack of love and caringfor the other person. JMHO.

@Will_Janitor Unless you take it to extreme measures, stubborness can be worked around. Lying and cheating aren't in the same...

That's what I'm saying. When one or the other refuses to give in, they are basically telling you that they don't care enough about you ("who needs you?") You aren't worth a compromise.

@2775062

I don't know what someone is having for dinner and stubbornness have in common. Everyone has to eat eventually, and then the stand off is over. But this is the internet, and an opinion site, so thank you.

When one party or both parties absolutely refuse to give in or compromise on an issue, to the point of not speaking, or fighting for days or weeks, just to be right; that's just like saying to your partner "you don't matter"...IMO.

Stubborness is a passing thing....and can be worked out, but lying and cheating is much more serious.

@StarzAbove Stubborness is a passing thing....and can be worked out, but lying and cheating is much more serious.

To me, constant battle between two stubborn people would be tedious to say the least BUT, I have been wrong before. I really thought most would agree hehe smilie

@VooDooYoo To me, constant battle between two stubborn people would be tedious to say the least BUT, I have been wrong before...

I think most of us can be stubborn, I can get stubborn over certain things, and so can my husband, but we eventually settle our differences. lol Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose. lol

Yep, stubbornness can be deadly without a relationship. Makes folks do some crazy things, just to prove they could.

Being stubborn the same as having an affair with other people? What?

I think that stubbornness may be more of a symptom than a deal breaker.

I mean, one doesn't become stubborn in a vacuum. Someone once cooperative, eager to know the partners POV to suddenly become stubborn - there's a reason. It might be repairable.

I would think that it's far more difficult to re-boot a relationship in which one or both parties had been unfaithful.