+6

Being a parent of pets exercises the same feelings as being a parent of people does.

Image for post Being a parent of pets exercises the same feelings as being a parent of people does.
Sukiesnows avatar Religion
7 8

No, no pet can come close to the love a parent feels for a child. If one loses a pet, they can buy another one. If you lose a child that pain never goes away.,

For some people, I'm sure the feelings they have about the non-human animals they love, care for, and share their home and lives with are similar. They depend on us to do what is best for them, like human kids do. They trust us to do that, and are more forgiving when we screw up a little. We control their lives and deaths, even more than human children, and they don't grow up and go away.
Mine are not "pets". They are and always have been loved individuals who cannot simply be replaced.

I should have agreed. I was thinking of the intensity of the feelings.

I think the types of affection are different, but neither is more or less important than the other. I don't think we have to rank our commitment in levels of importance or superiority.

awwwwww puppy!!!