+7

Happy pride month. Open your mind.

Image for post Happy pride month.  Open your mind.
VicZincs avatar Relationships
4 28

Now, what if I said that I'm a "proud heterosexual, white, Christian male? " I'm automatically a bigoted, racist homophobe, just for being who I am in this ridiculously politically correct world. The double standard seems to have no end. Only homosexual, black, Atheist, females are allowed pride? There is an unfair double-standard against heterosexuals, whites, males, and Christians.

@2775911

I understand why and you shouldn't be ashamed. I don't get pride in just being who you are, it's not an accomplishment. I understand it when you reach a goal or help a needy person. It's WAY past time for people to stop with the separation. The bigots and racists are far down in the minority now; just be people. Separation breeds resentment.

@JerryHendrickson I understand why and you shouldn't be ashamed. I don't get pride in just being who you are, it's not an...

Maybe, but a 60/40 ration on this post doesn't seem "far down in the minority". We see several posts a week about how there are "only two genders" or that transgender folks are misguided, wrong or overly egotistical.

@VicZinc Maybe, but a 60/40 ration on this post doesn't seem "far down in the minority". We see several posts a week about...

Physically, there are 3 genders: male, female, and hermaphrodite. Gay isn't a gender; it's a sexual preference. Trans isn't a gender; it's a person of one gender living the life of the other because the person feels like a man trapped in a woman's body(or the other way around.) People can't just create genders or it's just fiction. They may be a different gender in their hearts but physically, they are their body parts.

@JerryHendrickson Physically, there are 3 genders: male, female, and hermaphrodite. Gay isn't a gender; it's a sexual preference...

Thank you professor. What was your degree in again? Medicine? Genetics? Anatomy? Physiology? Psychiatry? Anthropology? Jurisprudence?

@VicZinc Thank you professor. What was your degree in again? Medicine? Genetics? Anatomy? Physiology? Psychiatry?...

Business management. That doesn't make me unworthy of speaking on other subjects. I've lived for 53 years; long enough to have my own opinions. Why use a rude, condescending, smart-ass reply?

If you have a different opinion, the better and more civil option is to explain to me why you're right and I'm wrong, not talk down to me.

It's really simple: I could say "I'm a three peckered Billy-goat." It wouldn't make me one, regardless of how I feel.

@JerryHendrickson It's really simple: I could say "I'm a three peckered Billy-goat." It wouldn't make me one, regardless of how I feel.

Clearly you've made up your mind on this matter.

I didn't mean for my response to sound so condescending, I am sorry. The point I was trying to make is that it is not a simple as some make it out to be, it involves all of those disciplines and more.

In my mind it's not as simple as show me yours and I'll tell you what you are. Clearly a large part of the population agrees, and a large part disagrees.

Either way I am sorry I talked down to you, that was not a fair way to treat a fellow.

@VicZinc Clearly you've made up your mind on this matter. I didn't mean for my response to sound so condescending, I am...

It's all good; I've been FAR from perfect myself. We disagree a lot more than we agree but I still like you and think you mean well.

@2775911

Logan , I think most of their problem comes from the desire to act out in public. Otherwise nobody would even know who they live with. Good gay buddy of mine invites me to his parties and that keeps them guessing. wink smilie

@VicZinc Disagree. I see no problem in saying that - unless you add "and you should be too?

You may have no problem with it but many do. Phrases such as "All Lives Matter," or Tim Tebow going down to his knees to praise God after a big play? People on the other side go off on that shit. The left's bad behavior is praised and the right's is demonised. Oprah saying that she thought "all white people were like the cast from "Leave it to Beaver" and that "racism will live until all of the old white people die off" is completely acceptable while anyone who says anything that comes close to racism directed at blacks automatically destroys a career.

@JerryHendrickson You may have no problem with it but many do. Phrases such as "All Lives Matter," or Tim Tebow going down to his...

Jerry Oprah - well nobody but her fat or black people care what she has to say, she is't even on tv any more thank the lord above. I couldn't stand her guests or topics. xp smilie

People need to stop separating each other into groups and just be one big human group. I'm not big on nationality pride either: I'm Irish! So what? I'm Italian! Big freakin deal. I'm a Person! That I can get behind.

@JerryHendrickson People need to stop separating each other into groups and just be one big human group. I'm not big on nationality...

Hey Jerry I'm Irish too, they came over as basically slaves, Lucky for me eh??. On one side English to the Mayflower on the British side.

Short Answer: Sometimes having pride is okay, sometimes it blinds those to what they're really putting their pride into, and sometimes people don't understand what pride means to one group or another, or an individual within said groups. I have nothing against forms of pride when it's reasonable or rational.

Long Answer:

LGBT pride is less about the labels and separation from other types of people, but:

It's raising self-confidence in the self or others, to a level where someone no longer feels uncomfortable or uncertain with themselves. It's not about separation from another kind of people, but showing support to those that are of that orientation. Mental, physical, psychological, and social support. It's finding friends and networking with like people, and it extends into other communities. It's quite deeply involving with people, more than just the showiness of parades and all. It's like they say, if you got it, flaunt it.

As for the case for/against labels. People since the day their born are labelled, regardless of whether it's right or just, or wrong. Some people don't mind labels, others disregard them completely. These are okay, and some labels aren't so terrible (Boy that inflammable guy over there sure is hot! Don't strike his match if you don't want a fire!), though disregarding some labels won't hurt you (Restricted Section of a Library~).

It's in my observation that human nature will always find a way to group people into one thing or another. Whether it's race, gender, sex, class, nationality, ethnicity, orientation, fan communities, and like whether you're a Trekkie or Wookie(as there's no official nickname for Star Wars fandomites).

In some cases, it's fine. And someone or some people will vehemently hate you for being something. I won't stop liking or "support" the Star Wars prequels, just because i'm 1 in 50 in the community, dude :p. It's about living with the supposed fact you're an idiot for liking it, and embracing that fact anyway. :p

NO NO I WON'T ALLOW THEM TO STEAL ANOTHER
GOOD WORD FROM OUR LANGUAGE.
https://www.nbclosangeles.com/n...484853471.html

When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with the humble is wisdom. Proverbs 11:2

Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom. Proverbs 13:10

The LORD will destroy the house of the proud: Proverbs 15:25

Every one that is proud in heart is an abomination to the LORD: though hand join in hand, he shall not be unpunished. Proverbs 16:5

Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.
Proverbs 16:18

Before destruction a man’s heart is haughty, but humility comes before honor. Proverbs 18:12

A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit. Proverbs 29:23

.

Know this also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of themselves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; having the appearance of godliness, but denying the power of God. Avoid such people.
2 Timothy 3:1-5

Can I just say, that picture is causing me mild anxiety. For realz... wtf?