Budwicks avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
4 26

The left has lost their collective minds.

Bill Maher hates President Trump so much he is ‘hoping’ for another crippling economic recession.

I think they realize their only hope is if Trump screws up somehow - but that doesn't seem to be in the cards.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Trump's success is killing the left +3Reply
@Budwick The left has lost their collective minds. Bill Maher hates President Trump so much he is ‘hoping’ for another...

Not sure how the G7 now being reduced to the G6 is a positive move, but I guess we will find out. Hope Trump has success with Kim Jong Un, and lays off the tweets afterward.

@Flrdsgns Not sure how the G7 now being reduced to the G6 is a positive move, but I guess we will find out. Hope Trump has...

Who quit?

I'm pretty sure that continuing down the path where the US says it's cool to fund everyone elses pet programs and economy is not in America's best interest.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Trump's success is killing the left +1Reply
@Budwick Who quit? I'm pretty sure that continuing down the path where the US says it's cool to fund everyone elses pet...

As long as the dollar is the stronger of currencies, there will be trade deficits. I guess Trump was busy tweeting when Wharton taught that class.

@Flrdsgns As long as the dollar is the stronger of currencies, there will be trade deficits. I guess Trump was busy tweeting...

A big reason President Trump has pursued these tariffs is his desire to appeal to manufacturing workers in Democratic swing states like Ohio. He has specifically said he wants to see the US return to being a country that "makes" goods.

In the past, he's cited statistics that he says indicate that poor trade policies have hurt the US manufacturing sector overall.

For instance, in a tweet earlier in the week President Trump said that since President George H.W. Bush came into office in 1989, the US has lost 55,000 factories and six million manufacturing jobs.

According to the US Census bureau, the US actually lost a total of 77,314 manufacturing establishments from 1989 until 2014 (the last year for which data is available).
----https://www.bbc.com/news/world-43336599

The Marshall Plan is widely regarded as the largest and most effective foreign-aid program in history. Like most entitlement programs after a while recipients feel it's owed to them. It's been 70 years - time to start paying your own way.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Trump's success is killing the left 0Reply
@Budwick A big reason President Trump has pursued these tariffs is his desire to appeal to manufacturing workers in...

I agree Bud that it would be great if we started manufacturing again, but as long as corporations can move their factories to Asian countries where workers are paid 2 bucks a day, I can't see that happening.
If you want to slap a tariff of someone, why not on US companies who move factories out of the United States?
Ford, a US company builds most of its cars in Mexico. Toyota, a Japanese company builds most of its cars in the United States. Which company should Americans support?

@Flrdsgns I agree Bud that it would be great if we started manufacturing again, but as long as corporations can move their...

When those US companies ship their cars from other countries, they will be paying a tariff.

The whole tariff discussion at this point is moot. Trump has opened the negotiations - we'll see where it goes.

What DeNiro said was out of line. He is certainly entitled to his opinion, but the show last night was not the right time to share his thoughts of Trump. I thought the Tony's were, for the most part a very positive and entertaining show, free of most of the political talk.

That guy is like most actors, without a script in their hands they can't even talk intelligently.

@2776926

Ya think? hug smilie

I wouldn't do it, if it were me and I'm no fan of Trump. I guess he thinks he can get away with it and maybe he can. But there are often consequences to these sorts of things, can't unring a bell and it seems to come from the one who've an exaggerated sense of self-importance; repub and dem alike.

Ultimately it's up to his colleagues whether they want to disassociate over it.

Don't mind me I'm just here to take a dump PTTPPPHHHPPP I'm so mature arent i

@TomboyJanet you love me you know it

What's not to like?
A pretty girl willing to take a dump publicly?
Wait til Mom meets you!

Anonymous