Ever looked at your spam folder, and seen some pretty bizarre things in there?

I just recently looked for a possibly lost email in mine, and WHOA....

Image for post Ever looked at your spam folder, and seen some pretty bizarre things in there?
Piper2s avatar Life
10 28

Nope. What I normally get are news; adds mostly from airlines; charities asking for money; someone asking for my signature in a petition and stuff like that. When that changes, I'll tell you :D

I don't go into my spam folder much because I'm too busy sending countless spam to it everyday..
It's ridiculous.

In snail mail, for about the last 2 years...I get, 2 or 3 times a week, brochures to take a cruise..

They waste a lot of money in advertising.

@2777150

For sure...and just two days ago, there was another of numerous ones sent from "Jasmine" and other usually women's names telling me to stop sending her my photos. wt smilie

@2777254

That is almost as strange as the ones I just recently noticed.

@2777158

I don't open them either, Rooster.

@2777162

That does pale in comparison to the ones I've just recently noticed sent to my email address, as far as the bizarre factor. :)

Only long enough to hit select all and then delete. lol

@ForkNdaRoad Only long enough to hit select all and then delete. lol

I will likely do that too, now that I've noticed what's in there. I know that I've never even looked at a dating site....and there are numerous emails in there related to them. "Lonely Asian Ladies", and I've evidently received some "F*ckbuddy-Sexts"... just to name a few weird messages I noticed along that line.

@Piper2 I will likely do that too, now that I've noticed what's in there. I know that I've never even looked at a...

Oh yeah, I've seen those too and I might know how to eliminate them.

So get this... I had subscribed to some political reads years ago. I tired of them spamming my inbox so I spammed them, right? Well one day I had some extra time and I finally unsubscribed from them. Formally. Would you know that all those nasty spam messages went away afterward?

Odd, right?

@ForkNdaRoad Oh yeah, I've seen those too and I might know how to eliminate them. So get this... I had subscribed to some...

Well now , I have unsubscribed from many things too. Magazines that I kept getting in the mail, and notifications from legitimate sites that I longer no wished to get emails from.

Since the kind of things I'm referring to that I just recently noticed in my spam folder are definitely not from any legitimate site, opening them would be foolish, and I'm pretty sure there would be no "unsubscribe" option there, either. Clicking on the box and choosing "delete forever" is what I will try, for now.

@Piper2 Well now , I have unsubscribed from many things too. Magazines that I kept getting in the mail, and notifications...

Oh of course not, don't open them!

That wasn't what I meant. I think the legitimate subscriptions might be handing off your email to the illegitimate ones. And I discovered that only by happenstance when I unsubscribed from some then stopped getting spam from the others.

@ForkNdaRoad Oh of course not, don't open them! That wasn't what I meant. I think the legitimate subscriptions might be handing...

I hardly ever even look at my spam folder, and I do not subscribe to very many sites, as far as getting emails from them.
Just being on the internet opens us up to getting these bizarre sorts of emails, I know. Thank you for the suggestion, Tink.

My Gmail account doesn't seem to appreciate my need for cheap online Viagra.

No. I just delete it. I delete most of my regular email, also.

@Carla No. I just delete it. I delete most of my regular email, also.

You don't notice what they are, before you delete them?

@Piper2 You don't notice what they are, before you delete them?

No, maam. My email on my phone says spam folder, inbox, trash, etc. I just hit the little trash can and dump them.

@Carla No, maam. My email on my phone says spam folder, inbox, trash, etc. I just hit the little trash can and dump them.

Okay. :) My email automatically deletes all of the spam folder after 30 days, but I sure am baffled by some stuff I saw in it.

@Piper2 Okay. :) My email automatically deletes all of the spam folder after 30 days, but I sure am baffled by some...

I can imagine.
I know my mom accidentally opened a spammy email instead of deleting it. Her whole screen when to a warning sign, from what it said was windows. She called, and fortunately, as she couldnt understand the accent of the guy she called for help, she hung up.
My brother-in-law had to clean it off as she couldnt get rid of the warning screen.

@Carla I can imagine. I know my mom accidentally opened a spammy email instead of deleting it. Her whole screen when to a...

I don't open them, unless by accident. That has happened a couple of times, and they weren't even in the spam folder.
That windows scam is scary for people who aren't aware of it, and I can understand how some might fall for it. Glad your had mom had someone around who could help.

I get all sorts of weird stuff, even notifications from FaceBook of which I am not a member. I never open any of it. Yesterday I had one that said I was losing my email account..... that was the subject line, it scared me, but I didn't open it.

Anonymous