I deleted my Facebook account today. It was too stressful... yet I kept opening the app, constantly, almost on autopilot. I think it's for the better, at least for me. Do you still use Facebook?

38% Yes 32% No 6% Occasionally 15% Rarely 9% Other
vividlyprosaics avatar Technology
6 28

I try to use Facebook two times a week. Sometimes weeks pass by, since I'm not that interested in people sharing my misery, but occasionally I might even visit there three times a week for an hour or so per go.

Never used it once and don't have any desire to.

I do, usually to keep contact with friends and family as well as talking with people, following art communities and such.

I was part of so many political groups, I was feeling like there was no escape. I think a lot of us in the US can agree that things are very tense right now. I was getting notifications all the time, and none of it was good or made me feel good. I realized I wasn't getting anything out of it other than anxiety.

@2777274

You don't like me? Huh... It's "whom", by the way...

I've had a fb account for 8 or 9 years now, I used to play games and keep up with friends and family. Since the problem with security, I deleted all games and only use it to keep up with friends and family, but I rarely will post anything and never any political views.

Never got into FB. It seemed like the media was selling it a little too hard, like their masters wanted everyone to join, made me averse to it.

So many family and friends who I would never see or hear from again, available at the click of a mouse. I feel sorry for those of you who don't use it.

I do. I have loved ones and lifelong friends who are now scattered to faraway places. It's the easiest way to stay connected with them.

Yup, all the time, keeps my trolling skills sharp as a tack :)

@AliceD Yup, all the time, keeps my trolling skills sharp as a tack :)

The latest thing I posted, a few days ago, was about complaining the stickers on the waste bins we have over here. I told people, that this particular sticker has to be a lie, as it states "burning waste" and it can't be that, since the bloody bin isn't on the fire.

For communication.

What's Facebook? ... never heard of such a thing mischief smilie

Never signed up.  Never used it.

Yep ... I check it once a day.

I use it to talk with my family, see some funny or cute posts, and to log in with games. I used to post more before, but now I don't really give much attention to it.

I don't use Facebook, of my own account for I don't know how many years.

But sometimes someone I know asks me to do certain things involving their Facebook account. For example, copying a message.

If not i'd lose contact with a lot of people

@TomboyJanet If not i'd lose contact with a lot of people

I only kept it for as long as I did for that reason. But everything else I saw was just so upsetting. Even after I left those political groups, I saw sponsored ads that upset me. Do you see these things too?

after realizing no one cared, i deleted my account, I created a new one just to follow news, and some photography and stuff, but thats it, i pretty much don;t use it anymore

Anonymous