+18

Constantly being upbeat and cheerful is exhausting, but it sure beats having to answer "What's wrong?" repeatedly.

Just keeping a smile on through pain. Not letting the eyes even begin to gloss over to show the obvious signs of pain. And not talking about the pain to bring others down in the inner misery. Especially when the main goal is to always only lift up others and help them, not bring them down.

Image for post Constantly being upbeat and cheerful is exhausting, but it sure beats having to answer "What's wrong?" repeatedly.
Vrendowls avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
3 5

Ha ha ha... That is so true... While I try to put this sort of thing under the label of Don't Sweat the Small Stuff...it's grating...still, its' worth it.

I ask Is Everything ok? ...if I wonder about a friend...that's much better than What's wrong?

I remember in high school, having our varsity cheerleading head coach as my first period math teacher... just being about the constant extremely upbeat and extremely cheerful so early in the morning was exhausting...

And then she'd repeatedly ask what's wrong? ...

It was the worse of both worlds... of course, we finally told her, and I don't think she liked our attitudes but it's not fun having someone attempt to force you to be peppy so dang early in the morning. But I think it got better once we talked about it... at least she stopped wonder and asking what was wrong.

I often feel grouchy early in the day. I found getting up earlier and getting ready to go slowly with npo rush makes my day go better.

Come back to amirite.