Porridge: Have you tried it?

I was getting sick of eating the british breakfast, so I tried the porridge. I like it a lot.

63% Yes (Do you like it?) 33% No 4% Other
Sofias avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
9 31

Not a fan of grits, cream of wheat or oatmeal. If any of those are considered porridge, then...no.
My mom eats oatmeal, with blueberries, almost every...single...day.

@Carla Not a fan of grits, cream of wheat or oatmeal. If any of those are considered porridge, then...no. My mom eats...

Don't you have different varieties, like we do? We have all sorts porridges, some of which I hate to guts, but... Yeah.

ZonkeyBallss avatar ZonkeyBalls Yes (Do you like it?) +2Reply
@Carla Yes..all sorts. For me, it's a texture thing.

Oh, that's the reason I was about to make a very sexist and uncensored joke... Oh.. Well... Yeah.

ZonkeyBallss avatar ZonkeyBalls Yes (Do you like it?) +1Reply
@Carla Flush

After what you did with it, I'd imagine, but not what I was on about... Well... Not completely.

ZonkeyBallss avatar ZonkeyBalls Yes (Do you like it?) 0Reply

Just oatmeal for me. Blueberries have a weird texture ( -_-)

I was told it's good for your cholesterol, so if it's true, it will be good for me.

Sofias avatar Sofia Yes (Do you like it?) +1Reply

I can get nauseus easily with certain types of food if I keep eating it, and luckily that hasn't happened with the oatmeal.

Sofias avatar Sofia Yes (Do you like it?) +6Reply

Porridge with fruit sauce on it is the best way to start the morning with.

ZonkeyBallss avatar ZonkeyBalls Yes (Do you like it?) +6Reply

Yes, it's one of my favorite foods.

JanHaskells avatar JanHaskell Yes (Do you like it?) +6Reply

Sure

AngryAmericanishs avatar AngryAmericanish Yes (Do you like it?) +4Reply
@2778499

Butter sounds interesting. Never tried that.
In Brazil we often use cinnamon as topping for porridges.

primeiros avatar primeiro Yes (Do you like it?) +2Reply

Yep, I like oatmeal. :) In Brazil we call it "mingau" (de aveia) - I don't know if this word is common in Portugal. There is also "mingau de maizena", which I also like.

I might be mistaken, but I've heard that a typical British breakfast includes things like bacon, eggs, sausage... so not very kind on the stomach, I imagine.

primeiros avatar primeiro Yes (Do you like it?) +3Reply
@primeiro Yep, I like oatmeal. :) In Brazil we call it "mingau" (de aveia) - I don't know if this word is common in Portugal...

The taste seems a lot like "rice baby/kid food" here in Portugal. I remember eating it as a kid.

Yeah, it is. It's a bit heavy for me. I've been avoiding eating "enchidos". If I don't eat it very slowly, I don't feel good after.

@Sofia The taste seems a lot like "rice baby/kid food" here in Portugal. I remember eating it as a...

"Nestum" - I've never seen it around here. Apparently Nestlé only sells it in Portugal, and not in Brazil. Discrimination!! :P (jk)

"Enchidos" - Over here, we call them "embutidos". :) Well, avoiding them is probably best for your health anyway. I personally try not to have too much of them.

primeiros avatar primeiro Yes (Do you like it?) +1Reply

Yes, also savoury dishes like yam porridge to go with veggie stew. Delish!

Mashas avatar Masha Yes (Do you like it?) +2Reply

I thought that they like didnt make it since like the 1800s dude

@2778975

Agreed :D

Sofias avatar Sofia Yes (Do you like it?) 0Reply

Not a big fan. 乂º◡º乂

Adas avatar Ada Yes (Do you like it?) +1Reply

Many years ago.Don't fancy it now

No..I never really liked it.