+7

Integrity is the hardest thing to prove you have, because the moment you start to tell others of your "good deeds", the ideal becomes moot. Keep doing the right thing, without expectations of getting noticed or praised, or keeping a record of such: then you will have integrity. Be humble, not dishonest, and don't criticize others for not demonstrating integrity. Be happy and focus on what you can do for others and yourself.

Work inspired once again. Doing the right thing can have its rewards, but do not expect them, or get upset if you see another get something for doing the right thing and you do not. Becoming obsessed with being fair in such a situation is damaging to you as a person, because such contempt is only in your heart, not to those you hold it for.

Vrendowls avatar Religion
3 7
@2778431

You are correct in this. I was expanding on it without trying to regurgitate what most already know.

Yes because it's about doing something, even if you really don't want too... even if no one cares ... or worse they're against it.

I've always found that actions speak louder than words anyhow. Just do your thing, if recognition is deserved, it will come and usually in some astounding ways.

There is nothing about the ideal of integrity that is cancelled by telling others about it.

@Walt_OReagun There is nothing about the ideal of integrity that is cancelled by telling others about it.

I enjoy your differing opinion here. Thank you for sharing. 😊 Also, I think there is as integrity is about doing the right thing when no-one else is looking, and doing so only to boast or brag later shows ulterior motive to make oneself look good to others, therefore, in my mind, cancelling out the whole no-one looking part.

@Vrendowl I enjoy your differing opinion here. Thank you for sharing. 😊 Also, I think there is as integrity is about doing...

I think you are confusing integrity with humility.

The definition of "integrity" is:
1: the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.
2: the state of being whole and undivided.

Often, part of having "strong moral principles" is letting people know exactly what those principles are and refusing to compromise them under pressure.