+14

If you are being abused by any person, be it financially, psychologically, emotionally, physically, or spiritually, etc.. more than 1 time; it will not stop, it will only grow and escalate. Distance yourself as quickly as possible from such a person. You do not need to be a victim, or believe their very untrue, if any, apologies.

Coming from my own understanding of experiences of myself and those I have been close to. Without intervention, mediation, and an actual willingness to apply change, the abuser will not, I repeat, will not, treat you any better with time. They have to want the change themselves. You can not do it for them, and it is not your fault. I know it is hard to leave if you have any love at all for them, but is the love really worth your own destruction?

Vrendowls avatar Religion
1 4

In other words: Refuse to live with assholes. Got ya covered.

I agree....the situation won't change, best to get out if possible.

I've been fortunate to have never been in that kind of situation.

I always wonder why people don't leave at first ugly words. I would and gladly call the police if it were more. Better alone than beatengst smilie