We've all got to eat some of the time, so what are you're favorite cooking spices, herbs or ingredients?

Image for post We've all got to eat some of the time, so what are you're favorite cooking spices, herbs or ingredients?
Zolfies avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
6 29
@2779637

For a while I liked cumin smile smilie

Though I've gotten away from it lately.

@2779841

hehe smilie that's not what I meant.

I meant I've decided I like other spices more, such as cayenne, red pepper flake, Sriracha Chili.

@2779712

I usually like a little hot smile smilie

I like dill weed in lots of things, like potato or pasta salads, fish dishes, etc. I also use a lot of diced green chiles in omelettes, casseroles, cornbread, dips, soups, and even sandwiches.

@JanHaskell I like dill weed in lots of things, like potato or pasta salads, fish dishes, etc. I also use a lot of diced green...

dill weed? what do you do with that? I was shopping for some herbs and passed up on dill as I only know it is in pickles.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred dill weed? what do you do with that? I was shopping for some herbs and passed up on dill as I only know it is...

It is the spice used in dill pickles, but it has a great flavor. I add it to grilled salmon (or othere fish), potato salad, pasta salad, deviled eggs ... many things.

@JanHaskell It is the spice used in dill pickles, but it has a great flavor. I add it to grilled salmon (or othere fish)...

Thank you - Jan as soon as I saw your comment about salmond I remembered I sometimes pouch my salmond in water with peppercorn and dill. sauce on the side Thanks I had forgotten all about that

Salt...jk...It's Garlic, I even grow my own.

@Zolfie Mmmm Garlic

Indeed...Fresh garlic is the best...I seldom use dried garlic.

@Azlotto Indeed...Fresh garlic is the best...I seldom use dried garlic.

Yes, garlic is definitely in my top group (I use all types of garlic)... my other top spices are salt, pepper, cajun and something spicy such as cayenne (red pepper flake) or Chili or Sriracha or a can or rotel.

@Azlotto This weekend, I'm going to try to make some chili oil.

Thanks for sharing that with me, I might have to try that sometime in a small dose and see how it turns out. What are you going to add to yours? If you do it, tell me how it turns out, I might just have to try it as well smile smilie

From the store, what I've found best is Chilli Garlic (one of the right), though most stores don't carry it, but I think it's the best I've found... at least from the store pre-made.

life is partial without these things and the even worst you don't know how to properly use them

@2779703

Smoked cheddar sausage sounds very very nice biggrin smilie

probably mexican spices but not clientro and not garlic.