+10

It just never ends, does it???

Awwww hell, come on... Seriously?!?!?!?!

http://www.finesto.com.au/uploads/1/0/2/5/10254695/3198331_orig.gif
ForkNdaRoads avatar Jokes & Humour
9 31

So this was my weekend, how's yours?

Sure does seem that way, sometimes. Nothing quite that exasperating has happened around here this weekend....yet, anyway.

That's awful, Tink. Did you get it resolved yet? I have some super duper rubberized waterproof seal tape, if you need. :)

@Piper2 Sure does seem that way, sometimes. Nothing quite that exasperating has happened around here this...

I had a Peter Parker moment, went to turn the sink handle and the damn thing popped right off. Water was spewing everywhere, was a nightmare for a few seconds. It's incredible how much water can pour out in such a small amount of time.

So far it appears the fixtures and hoses underneath are what need to be replaced. As frustrating as it is, I can deal with that,

But now the handle on the cutoff pipe underneath is loose... So, I'm scared. lol Thanks for the offer, fingers crossed :)

@ForkNdaRoad I had a Peter Parker moment, went to turn the sink handle and the damn thing popped right off. Water was spewing...

Good grief. I don't imagine my waterproof seal tape would have helped any, with the sink handle popping off. ;)

I'd be very concerned about that cutoff pipe handle, too. What a shame that you have to worry about the landlord raising the rent, for fixing something that is clearly not your fault.

@Piper2 Good grief. I don't imagine my waterproof seal tape would have helped any, with the sink handle popping off. ;)...

I really can't complain about my landlord. He was renting this place, privately, for several hundred under the market value when I moved in. We both understood the house wasn't as well kept as it should have been and I was okay with it given the lower price. That was 8 years ago. Since then he's gone up on the rent twice, the whole area has, and it's still under the market value.

He's a good guy, but I have other options now that my son is out of this elementary school district. I could move into a smaller place with less headache for the same price I'm currently paying which is really more than my budget allows. And he'll never find another tenant like me, who will keep up with this place the way an owner would. Pretty sure he knows that, though.

But I won't pay more, not for this place. That won't happen. I refuse! lol

@2779991

I'm renting and the house if right around 20 years old. In the last 2 years the water-heater and a/c unit had to be replaced.

I'm just hoping is only the sink fixtures and hoses that need replacing because I don't want to have to tell the landlord that something else needs repair. I can't afford another increase in the rent.

If it isnt something, it's something else.
Looks, though, like a ten minute fix. I have the parts:)

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +5Reply
@Carla If it isnt something, it's something else. Looks, though, like a ten minute fix. I have the parts:)

Right? I know that feeling. So far so good, I think it's repaired. Hopefully nothing else breaks.

Especially if you own a house. Stuff just wears out and it doesn't tell you ahead of time when it's going to happen.

@Will_Janitor Especially if you own a house. Stuff just wears out and it doesn't tell you ahead of time when it's going to happen.

Oh I know, that's why I'm officially and totally out of ownership for the time being. It has it's benefits, but I know when my plate's too full.

And like I said above, my landlord's a great guy. He pulled a $5k a/c unit out of his rear-end over the course of a single weekend two summers ago. The first solid freeze this year took out the water-heater, he made good on that too. I kinda feel bad for the guy, I'm afraid to even tell him. lol

Nope, maintence, wear and tear never ends... that's why there is Murphy's Law

@Zolfie Nope, maintence, wear and tear never ends... that's why there is Murphy's...

No foolin', i best not complain or something else will probably break...

@2780090

I think the house was built with shoddy materials, honestly. It's 20 years old, but I've never seen a sink handle come off in my hand. lol And I'm not that strong.

Aggravating...always seem to come up at the worst time, too.

@Sukiesnow Aggravating...always seem to come up at the worst time, too.

Of curse it happened with a sink-full of dishes. I almost outsourced them to a bathroom to be cleaned. But, ewww, so no. All fixed now though.

@2780398

I have my garbage disposal propped up on a brick...

Sorry you've had to go through that....but you're right, it's always something. I once had my oven go out the day before I was hosting Thanksgiving. Yikes.

@StarzAbove Sorry you've had to go through that....but you're right, it's always something. I once had my oven go out the day...

It's fixed now... I think. Fingers crossed.

Oh wow, that's no help at all, huh? A buddy of mine once tried to bake potatoes and he accidentally turned the oven on "clean." Every time I think of oven problems it reminds me of that. His whole downstairs was full of smoke. Yeesh...

When it rains, it pours! Literally!

@jaded When it rains, it pours! Literally!

I was surprised no one said that sooner...