+6

Let me get this straight, the separation of families seeking asylum, depending on which official is speaking is: the law, a deterrent, the democrats fault, is biblically sanctioned, does not exist, and will go away if we all agree to pay for a wall.

VicZincs avatar Politics
3 121
@2780664

Yet how much should the USA be forced to do about criminals storming into the country? They were not invited and could have done it the legal way, but no they decided to just walk here uninvited. If they all get the message things are not going to be easy for them - some will do it the right way or just stay home. Either way fewer illegals here fewer people on welfare and no more dreamers. I think that is the reason they are taking the kids to a child care place rather than to the holding place for adults.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Yet how much should the USA be forced to do about criminals storming into the country? They were not invited...

Criminals? No. They are people fleeing for their lives from gangs in their own country, the threat of being killed and when they get here for a better life, their kids are taken from them. How heartless and disgraceful, we as Americans are better than this.

How hurtful to these little kids that when they cry for Mommy or Daddy there is no one there to comfort them. As a parent, I find that heartwrenching. Some are babies that have no idea what is happening.

Any American or parent should be outraged at what the Trump administration is doing....just to gain leverage to build his stupid wall. Disgraceful

@2780665

How about we let them live and work Where ever they can find work. That's what we all do.

Even G-Dubs never argued something wasn't happening, but was the opposition's fault, but was the law, but wasn't a policy all at the same time. That's a whole new kind of mental contortion, even by DC standards.

Disgraceful. Not just this policy, but the lies used to justify it.
And someone please explain what happens to these children (likely damaged) that are getting no emotional support, and whose parents are too afraid to collect them?

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +4Reply
@Carla Disgraceful. Not just this policy, but the lies used to justify it. And someone please explain what happens to...

Being a parent, I can feel the pain of a child being torn from the arms of Mommy or Daddy, and there will be irreparable harm to all concerned.

And now some of those parents have been deported back to their country leaving there kids here, never to see them again.

What a disgrace this president is. His family is safe in their golden towers, plenty of good food to eat, nice warm beds, but we have a president who doesn't give a damn about anyone but himself and his family. The rest of us be damned!!!!!

@StarzAbove Being a parent, I can feel the pain of a child being torn from the arms of Mommy or Daddy, and there will be...

Your comment is drawing tears right now, because it spot-on describes the reality these poor kids are going through. As an adoptee, I myself was separated and never got spend quality time with my birth family. Just thinking of them draws tears.

I have zero tolerance for self-serving adults who don’t care if children in need suffer to death, because I have a heart. And it was that heart I used to educate a social Darwinist with harmful ideologies at a lecture earlier today in which these poor, innocent children were the topic. He gave off bad vibes well before speaking his mind.

No compassion, no peace. Know compassion, know peace.

@Masha Your comment is drawing tears right now, because it spot-on describes the reality these poor kids are going...

It's heart wrenching, isn't it Masha? Babies being ripped from their Mommies arms, anyone with any compassion should be outraged. Some on here have said that these kids are having fun, playing games, etc. How heartless, games, fun is nothing compared to being with their parents. That's all they want. Some will never be reunited with their families.

It's just very hard for me to fathom how parents on this site can justify their cruel statements and graphics about what is happening to these kids and their parents. Maybe they should have their kids taken away and see how painful that can be...you think?

And now, the elected officials, (Congressmen from both parties) are not allowed to see what's going on in these detention centers. What are they hiding that they don't want us to see?

We as Americans are better than this..... the whole world is watching what is happening....shame, shame on this President.

No one is justifying "it".

It's not a policy, it's a law. Government enforces the law.

They tried family detention centers during Obama's administration. The detection centers wern't Disneyland, detainees complained a judge rules that we can't hold kids for more than 20 days. Parents and children get separated from parents all the time when mom and dad are sent to prison for breaking the law. It probably happened several times yesterday in your own county. It's an unfortunate consequence of breaking the law.

Kids without their parents to nurture them are traumatized - no doubt about it.

What are you suggesting? Criminals with children get pardoned? Send children to prison with mom and dad? Try the family detection center again? THAT to me seems reasonable. But, democrats don't like it. They just want to release everyone with a kid into the country.

@Budwick No one is justifying "it". It's not a policy, it's a law. Government enforces the law. They tried family...

I would go for family detention centers. But what of those seeking asylum?
When border gaurds are posted at the ports of entry and refusing people, after traveling 2000 miles, what choices are left for them? Go back to be raped, robbed, murdered?

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply
@Carla I would go for family detention centers. But what of those seeking asylum? When border gaurds are posted at the...

What about them?
Progressive lawyers don't recommend mentioning asylum unless it looks like they are not going to let you in.

@Carla Hmmm...how many attornies have you spoken to about that?

None.
Visited a few sites, all say pretty much the same.
There's a ton of people pushing these poor people into this immigration mess. Another ton taking advantage of them getting them there. And what scheme would be complete without lawyers?

Here's one - http://www.alllaw.com/articles/...um-border.html

@Budwick None. Visited a few sites, all say pretty much the same. There's a ton of people pushing these poor people into...

I simply cannot imagine living in a place that i would be in constant fear of my and my families lives.
I would come here too, bud. I think you would do the same.

@Carla I simply cannot imagine living in a place that i would be in constant fear of my and my families lives. I would...

I think I would too. And, if it meant that I would be separated from the kids for awhile, I would bear the pain to ensure their safety.

That about sums up what I've heard from this administration concerning this issue, as well.
I can find no confirmation of any law stipulating that children must be separated from their parents in this situation.

Consequences..Know them, fear them....remain legal..

If robbing a bank would get me and my family a free trip to Disney World.
I'd go rob a bank tomorrow morning..

No one wants to see families get separated.
On the other hand, if you knowingly piss on an electric fence, there's no one but your self to blame.

It'll stop when there's no illegals to continue it..

@DandyDon Consequences..Know them, fear them....remain legal.. If robbing a bank would get me and my family a free trip to...

Sorry but, if my kid and I were starving in Venezuela, Guatemala or El Salvador, I'd probably come here "illegally" too.

As the saying goes: "When freedom is outlawed, only outlaws are free."

@ForkNdaRoad Sorry but, if my kid and I were starving in Venezuela, Guatemala or El Salvador, I'd probably come here "illegally"...

I would too and I would be prepared for getting dealt with as an illegal..

Also I wouldn't go to one location first, where I could've got help, just to put my kids through more hell, to trek to another place..

Freedom isn't outlawed here and if we just allow everyone who shows up at the border to just come on in, soon we will be nothing but outlaws..

Laws are made for a reason, if we don't follow our laws, we'll become the place these people are running away from.

Then where are YOU going to run ?..

@DandyDon I would too and I would be prepared for getting dealt with as an illegal.. Also I wouldn't go to one location...

Believe, they know their kids are safer in detention here than they are free back home.

We are allowing "just anyone" to cross our borders at this very moment by distracting ourselves with otherwise innocent people.

Criminals don't abide laws, only the innocent abide laws. Any 2nd Amendment supporter knows we don't protect ourselves from the criminal by harassing or the innocent. The insinuation otherwise is a lie used to keep people subjugated and in fear.

I don't fear the rest of the world. It might shock you to know there are other countries freer than we are here. We don't hold a corner on nominal freedom and make no mistake, that's all we have here.

@ForkNdaRoad Believe, they know their kids are safer in detention here than they are free back home. We are allowing "just...

Obviously they know their kids are safer here, even in detention.

That doesn't shock me and if that really is the case, why don't they go to those "freer" countries?

I don't fear anyone, come hear legally or stay and make your own country a better place.

What kind of world would we have if everyone ran from trouble?... A crap hole.

@DandyDon Obviously they know their kids are safer here, even in detention. That doesn't shock me and if that really is...

Because you have to cross an ocean to get to them, that's why. Same reason I haven't... Yet.

We didn't come here "legally." I think it's awfully arrogant of us to pretend as if we have some higher claim on the rock underneath our feet than someone who had the great misfortune of being born on a separate piece of rock.

What your above platitude about the law ignores is that this practice isn't a law, it's a new zero tolerance policy enacted by the Trump admin.

His hands are not bound by this, his admin created this scenario deliberately.

@ForkNdaRoad Because you have to cross an ocean to get to them, that's why. Same reason I haven't... Yet. **We didn't come...

I deal with the consequences from the decisions I personally choose to make in life..

They chose to do what they are doing..

@DandyDon I deal with the consequences from the decisions I personally choose to make in life.. They chose to do what they...

It's a given that we all deal with the consequences of our own decisions.

The problem with that is you can't know the consequence of violating a policy when the policy makers are being dishonest about whether or not it is a policy or law, much less what the consequences of said "non=policy."

That's the crux of the dilemma here, the admin has denied it was a policy, blamed others for the consequences of the denied policy only to claim it is a law (it wasn't) all in the course of a week.

Now, how can anyone know what the consequences of of the above will be when they're being lied to about the facts?

That matter has been made worse by his claiming he solved the problem, that he fixed the law... While still being dishonest about who created the problem and or that it was never a law.

@ForkNdaRoad It's a given that we all deal with the consequences of our own decisions. The problem with that is you can't know...

There's legal and there's illegal.

Go enter another country illegally and see if they care, whether or not they should've given you a handbook on their polices, for being an illegal in their country..

The dilemma starts with the illegals...period.

It's a strange world we live in, when we try to blame the store owner, for getting robbed by a thief..

That's my point and all I care to say about it.

Common sense.

@DandyDon There's legal and there's illegal. Go enter another country illegally and see if they care, whether or not they...

Pretty easy to move the legal and illegal goalposts when the definition of the word is being lied. That's really all there is to say about it.

I understand that completely. I would too - even knowing that I'd be separated from my kids for awhile. It's better than starving in Venezuela, Guatemala or El Salvador.

@Budwick I understand that completely. I would too - even knowing that I'd be separated from my kids for awhile. It's...

It just rips my heart out that we have become a society that takes our origin for granted.

This was a nation established on the idea that those who endeavor toward independence can flee their oppressors to the land of independence and create a better life for themselves. That's what our ancestors did and the natives allowed it at a great cost to themselves. Now we refuse to do the same. We ought to be ashamed.

@ForkNdaRoad It just rips my heart out that we have become a society that takes our origin for granted. This was a nation...

Yeah,...

Except your take on the attitude toward immigration is the same false narrative put forth by media.

You are smart woman, you know there are circumstances the require us to be careful about who gets into the country. We know that there are some posing as immigrants that mean to do us great harm.

Now, you can ignore all the extenuating circumstances if you want, but then you need to prepare yourself to not be taken seriously.

You go ahead and feel shame if you want. Personally, I'm quite proud of the president and his remarkable success - including handling the immigration issue.

@Budwick Yeah,... Except your take on the attitude toward immigration is the same false narrative put forth by media. You...

I just don't know how Legal and Illegal can be lumped together by some people, like there's no difference..

Why should I feel shame? I'm not the one misleading people about these policies or turning my back on the principles I espouse.

I never said I was ashamed, if I'm ashamed of anything it's my leadership and those who foolishly put it in power. lol

Some who are agreeing with Trump's evil actions, should put themselves in the shoes of those fleeing their country. What Trump is doing is immoral and disgraceful.....we as Americans are better than this.

That's exactly what Trump is doing. He's using poor helpless little kids as a bargaining chip to get the stupid wall. He has no mercy!

I wonder about those agreeing with Trump in this immoral happening, has ever had their kids removed from them? They might think differently if it was their kids or family members in this situation.

Every American should be outraged by what this administration is doing. If this was happening in another country, all of us would be outraged.

It breaks my heart to see these toddlers crying and no one is there to comfort them. I'm so ashamed of my government for letting this happen, and especially this president!

@2780783

Exactly, bullying little kids and parents who can't do anything about it. He's a disgrace to the presidency.

I Might as well agree cause there are too many picks going left right up down and around in circles.

@2780718

They are not in prison, they are awaiting their fair hearings.

@2780750

Fine with me.

Even if Obama did it, it is still not right. DHS is calling kids that they literally wrestle from their parents arms "unaccompanied" so spare me the sermon. People arriving at the official crossings are treated the same way as those entering along the border.

Texas governor just pulled the National Guard saying he will no longer support the border initiative because it is so immoral.

@VicZinc Fine with me. Even if Obama did it, it is still not right. DHS is calling kids that they literally wrestle from...

You wrote - "Texas governor just pulled the National Guard saying he will no longer support the border initiative because it is so immoral."

I couldn't find that story Vic. I DID find 'Apr 4, 2018 - Texas Gov. Greg Abbott says he supports President Donald Trump's plan to deploy the National Guard along the U.S.-Mexico border." But that was April.

=Can you provide a citation?

@Budwick You wrote - "Texas governor just pulled the National Guard saying he will no longer support the border initiative...

I guess not. I went back to the source and I either read it wrong or it changed. It said " ...governors from several states have canceled NG deployment to the boarder... Abbott needs to do the same."

So I guess we will just have to vote his ass out in November.

@VicZinc I guess not. I went back to the source and I either read it wrong or it changed. It said " ...governors from...

Vic, you are being pretty reasonable today.
Did they change your meds?
This ain't half bad!

@VicZinc They are not in prison, they are awaiting their fair hearings.

Prison vs detection center awaiting adjudication.

A distinction without a difference.

@Budwick Prison vs detection center awaiting adjudication. A distinction without a difference.

One house guilty people, the other houses people awaiting adjudication - presumed innocent.

@VicZinc One house guilty people, the other houses people awaiting adjudication - presumed innocent.

OK, so you would support family detection centers? Like the ones tried in Obama years?
Cuz republicans want to pass a bill that would do that.
Dems don't like it [surprise].

@VicZinc I would prefer open borders.

Thanks for your honest reply.
[Excuse me, I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.]

Open borders can't fly Vic. Open borders means we give up our sovereignty, we're no longer a nation. Talk to Angela Merkel, see where open borders got Germany!

@Budwick Thanks for your honest reply. [Excuse me, I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.] Open borders can't fly Vic...

Only in your mind Bud. If we treat everyone inside our borders as equal members of our society, with the attendant rights and responsibilities, then we are still a sovereign nation, we still have borders, we still collect taxes, we still have the world's best national defense system. The only thing that changes is: if you cross the border you follow our laws, are subject to our taxes, come under the jurisdiction of our criminal justice system, etc.

And no fair saying that the "law says you can't cross the border" - obviously that law would change if my hypothetical came to be.

@VicZinc Only in your mind Bud. If we treat everyone inside our borders as equal members of our society, with the attendant...

No fair pretending your hypothetical is already in place.

Here's an idea - get Congress to pass that as a law!

@Budwick No fair pretending your hypothetical is already in place. Here's an idea - get Congress to pass that as a law!

I am not saying any such thing. I am saying your assertion that open borders means no sovereignty is incorrect. Open borders and sovereignty are compatible ideas. The Netherlands have had them for decades.

When I went to Amsterdam there was no customs, no one checked my passport. I got off the plane walked through the airport, walked out of the airport onto the street, rented a car, checked into a hotel, all without ever having to produce a single document or proof of ID. In fact no one asked for my "papers" until I crossed the border into Germany.

@VicZinc I am not saying any such thing. I am saying your assertion that open borders means no sovereignty is...

Your experience is different than, lets say Xandra Lammers who runs a thriving translation business with her husband from their home. [She is an actual resident.] And more than a little concerned about the country being over run by Muslim immigrants.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/...=.28cb1bb85437

@VicZinc Rambling of a bunch of xenophobes.

Yes, of course.
Someone closer to the situation than you,
far more experience in the matter,
but disagrees with you.

Beep - boop - bop!
Yep, a xenophobe!

@2780718

GD illegals they think they can get here and do anything they like. I hope USA sends that one to prison and immediately back to his place of birth at release . Or just send him back with a chip that will blow him up if he comes any place near the US border.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-go...ding-his-bike/

@2781230

I'd like to see how many people would sign up, if the government allowed citizens to go pick up a family at the border, to let them go stay at their house....until whenever.

....Crickets chirping.....

@DandyDon I'd like to see how many people would sign up, if the government allowed citizens to go pick up a family at the...

I bet, if they did they would have no shortage of takers. Many off us already sponsor migrants and refugees. I have done it half a dozen times in my life.

@DandyDon Try again because it's not showing me anything.

Then you don't want to see it. You prefer your bubble.

@VicZinc Then you don't want to see it. You prefer your bubble.

I clicked the link and it goes to some google search tip crap.
Think what you want, makes no difference to me.

I'm not one to argue with stubbornness.

@DandyDon I clicked the link and it goes to some google search tip crap. Think what you want, makes no difference to me. I'm...

That Google search tip takes you to page of hundreds of organizations that support many thousands of Americans who, like me, are more than willing to share our homes with refugees, help them find jobs and homes and teach them the American way of life.

Anonymous