What do you think of the new Domino's Pizza promotion Paving Streets To Save Pizzas?

The pizza chain’s expansion into infrastructure is part of a campaign called Paving for Pizza: Over the course of this year, Domino’s will dispense grants of $5,000 to up to 20 locations across the U.S. to help fill potholes and repair cracked roads. Along with Burbank, California, Athens, Georgia, and Bartonville, Texas, Milford played the part of pilot city for the project. Customers can go online to nominate future cities for road repair grants.

Domino's Paving for PizzaNominate your town for a chance to have your rough drive home from Domino's fixed to pizza perfection.https://pavingforpizza.com/Image for post What do you think of the new Domino's Pizza promotion Paving Streets To  Save Pizzas?
64% Clever! I like it! 27% Really? Should basic maintenance of public roads be handed off to corporations for marketing stunts? 0% Does Trump like pizza? If so, the idea sucks! Otherwise, it's cool 9% Other
Budwicks avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
5 13
@2780973

My thoughts exactly!

Budwicks avatar Budwick Clever! I like it! +3Reply

I think it is great advertising!

Budwicks avatar Budwick Clever! I like it! +4Reply
@2780972

That's what advertising is!

Budwicks avatar Budwick Clever! I like it! +2Reply
@2781248

Yup!
Brilliant!

I feel like Domino's has come up with an a clever marketing idea, that's kinda completely pointless to me.

First was the Pizza Take Out Insurance... if your pizza gets damaged before you get home, you can bring it back in for a new one. Which is completely pointless, because really how often do pizza's get damaged on the way home? I've had it happen maybe once... and I was a kid and the pizza just flipped upside down in the box but still good.

Now the fix roads... which in theory I could love... others than in the state I'm in, there is so much red tape about fixing roads it basically it happens extremely slowly... and I doubt they're going to fix roads, but basically fill in some pot holes.

I think it's a great marketing idea... I'm not sure if it's more than that (yet), though it could be.

Zolfies avatar Zolfie Clever! I like it! +2Reply
@Zolfie I feel like Domino's has come up with an a clever marketing idea, that's kinda completely pointless to me. First...

Yes, I think it's clearly marketing. And, clearly it's working. People are talking about Domino's Pizza. The insurance thing made you remember the product too. Again, good marketing.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Clever! I like it! 0Reply
@Budwick Yes, I think it's clearly marketing. And, clearly it's working. People are talking about Domino's Pizza. The...

Yes I agree it's very good creative marketing.

Though I still haven't heard anyone say they're ordering Domino's lately... last time I heard someone order it was about 5 years ago.

Zolfies avatar Zolfie Clever! I like it! +1Reply

I like it. It's funny. I just can't help smiling at the whole concept. lol

Hey, Domino's, please come to Rio and fix our streets too! Pizza delivery is having a hard time over here. :P

primeiros avatar primeiro Clever! I like it! +1Reply
Anonymous